: CTS-V Purchase Question

VCONVERT
07-29-04, 12:41 AM
I located a new CTS-V in another city and was quoted a pretty good price compared to local area dealers. I am contemplating it but have some concerns. My question is this: If I buy in another city am I likely to encounter problems getting this car serviced at a local dealer? Is it worth the hassle factor for approximately $3,000 off list? Thanks for any comments and suggestions.

miscreant
07-29-04, 12:57 AM
I located a new CTS-V in another city and was quoted a pretty good price compared to local area dealers. I am contemplating it but have some concerns. My question is this: If I buy in another city am I likely to encounter problems getting this car serviced at a local dealer? Is it worth the hassle factor for approximately $3,000 off list? Thanks for any comments and suggestions.
Typically, service departments run their own show and are not concerned about where you purchased the vehicle, they are only concerned with getting your warranty work. However, there are some concerns with "on the border" type of situations where having bought the car from the dealership and "being their customer" could come into play...

But $3000 off list is a DARN good price, but it's dependent on regions lately. Is it an 04 or 05? Miles? What is the local dealer at?

CTSVLS6
07-29-04, 06:48 AM
I bought mine in Michigan and live in Ohio. My local dealer treats me like they sold it to me. You have to go where the deal is.

msheri01
07-29-04, 10:34 AM
With these vehicles, I think you will find the "where did you buy it?" less of an issue. With a limited production vehicle, the folks in service usually understand the purchase out of area. This may vary by dealer, but for the most part should not be an issue.

07-29-04, 10:43 AM
I live in VA and purchased in NJ for a similar savings. Had one warranty issue; took it to the local dealer and was treated like one of the family. They never asked where I purchased. They gave me a loaner and fixed my car quite nicely.

Go for it.....

haveboost
07-29-04, 11:01 AM
I'm also on that list I live in Miami and all the dealers would laugh at me when I tried to "negotiate". So I bought mine in Tampa and it was only $1500 discount. That was the best deal at the time. BUT I'M glad I did. When the salesman from the local cadillac dealer called me about 2 weeks later, I just happened to be around the block so I stop by to show the sales manager the sale he lost. (according to him if I wanted a discount "maybe I should consider a 3.6 fully loaded".....jerk) Oh well the last laugh was on me. As far as service they treat you like a king. It's a different department.

One thing I must say, the best service experience I've had with all my cars has been from Lexus. Even to change my battery they've gone to my home jump started the car, brought me a loaner. When the service work was done they would come to my home or office and drop off the car and take the loaner. Cadillac is another story they wont provide a loaner for service work, unless you BITCH ALOT. They say "loners are for warranty issues".

VCONVERT
07-29-04, 12:19 PM
Is it an 04 or 05? Miles?

It's an 05, red line/neutral with 16 miles.

trekster
07-29-04, 12:25 PM
I bought mine in the los angeles area and got my car serviced at Las Vegas.

Wienk
07-29-04, 12:38 PM
I bought my '05 V in Ohio because a local dealer (Chicago suburbs) wanted $1,000 over list (for an '04) and the Ohio dealer offered to honor my GM Supplier discount.

A week after I got the car, I had battery problems and took the car to another local dealer (not the greedy one!). They treated me like royalty, replaced the battery, washed the car, and called and wrote me afterwards to make sure I was satisfied. Now that's good service!

CTSV_Scott
07-29-04, 12:54 PM
Business is business... For $3K I wouldn't think twice. Is your local dealer willing to lower his price to get your business; the balls in his court. And service wouldn't be an issue. Either way, welcome to the club! It's a great car!!

bryce3
07-29-04, 03:20 PM
All you guys in the mid-west to the east coast should jump at the great deals your seeing on your V's. Here in Cali we are getting are heads caved in on the pricing on the V's. I myself paid $5k over sticker to be the first kid on the block to have one. I called atleast 10 dealers in the bay area (S.F.) and the prices ranged from $53k to $66k, so I was feeling pretty good about what I paid until I joined this Forum :banghead: :bighead: .
-Sean

07-29-04, 04:35 PM
It's an 05, red line/neutral with 16 miles.Somebody is already discounting 05's by $3K off of sticker? Wow. That shouldn't be, so you should JUMP on it.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Doug