: NY Area Installer?

mitchm
07-28-04, 11:32 PM
I'm picking up my CTS-V Friday. From what I have read in the reviews and on the forum, it is clear ther are a few bolt on type things I'd like to do to enhance the car. Being a "boomer" from the old muscle car era, the stuff I want to do is the kind of thing I used to do myself "in the old days." These days, I'm too busy during the day and too tired or lazy when I'm off to do the thrashing. Does anyone know a good "tuner" out on Long Island? For those of you who know them, I got a couple of names from some the guys at S&K Speed but would like to her recommendations from folks on this forum. Thanks guys.

Mitch

cts-vette
07-28-04, 11:40 PM
Mitch
Congrats on the new purchase! I am just up the road from you (Setauket)..not too many of us out here on LI.
Many of the recommendations that i have had were NJ based. Any of that work i usually bring to a good buddy that builds cars, motors,etc. for some local racers, he is just off the William Floyd....send me a note if you are intrested (jspacc@optonline.net) and i will connect the two of you...See you at Bald Hill!!

newton
07-29-04, 02:16 AM
Hey I'm from long island as well. I dont own a v but I do own a 63 stingray :D might shoot over to bald hill next week.

CaddyGeek
07-29-04, 01:38 PM
From which dealerships did you two lucky guys make your purchases?

Anyone else on Long Island have a "V"? If so, what dealership did you buy from?

mitchm
07-29-04, 08:27 PM
Got mine from King O'Rourke in Smithtown. They cut me a nice discount off list. There were a few in stock including an '05 in red. I also checked out Sun in Bohemia. He also was cutting me a discount and had a few in stock.

Big Bad V
07-29-04, 08:27 PM
Hey welcome to the LI V club. I bought my V at King O'Rourke in Smithtown. I hope to see all you guys at Bald Hill this tues. Aug 3rd. I have a 04 light platinum w/ More Perf. CAK and BMR wheel Hop kit. Looking for a shop to do the other two BMR susp. parts. Any help is appreciated. :drinker

Craig

cts-vette
07-29-04, 08:56 PM
Ok here is the LI chapter "Vclub" on this string!

Got my at Serrant (Farmingdale) It was the only place last year (oct) that sold the car for sticker or less, everyone wanted 5-10K over, SUN was the worst! They are the largest volume CTS dealer in the area.

I go to King O'Rourke in Smithtown for all my service, they are great over there! I did not buy from them because they were not able to get the car until april/may of this year and i just could not wait.

Hopefully we will all get together next week!

mitchm
07-29-04, 09:43 PM
Can one of you guys give me the "where and when" on Bald Hill. In general, I know where it is but where specifically to people meet. Also, what time do people like to get there? Hope to see some of you there.

Cal
07-29-04, 10:01 PM
Cartek is in North Jersey. www.cartek.com they get rave reviews for their head/cam especially on the z06 forums. I have been there and they know their stuff, I am just leery because the shop is so small I don't want my car sitting on the streets while they do the work on it. If you saw the area they were in you might know why.

The place I go is East Coast Supercharging in Cream Ridge (from Long Island it's a hell of a hike, maybe 4-4.5 hours with traffic) NJ. They are great and can get most jobs done within the 8 hour day, including exhaust etc.

There is a place on Long Island I forget the name Corvette something or others, maybe Corvette Guys, that can possibly do the work I know they work on LS6 but I have heard they have good prices but aren't that savvy on the actual stuff, as in not total experts like some of these tuners.

Just my two cents.

cts-vette
07-29-04, 11:26 PM
Cal - Your probably thinking of Corvettes Unlimited, they are in Levittown. they have been there for years, my buddy used them a few times we were working on the 63 split window project car. did a good job, good attitude, helpful, it was a few years back, but that was the experience.

mitchm - http://www.baldhillamp.com/directions.htm
take the expressway (495) to 63 north (CR83) follow the signs to Bald Hill Amphitheater parking. Tuesday nights, usually opens up around 5pm - 9ish. You pay $5 to get in and park. The money goes to the local Fire dept for fund raising. they also sell burgers, dogs, soda,etc.
The place is packed every tuesday - anything and everyting you can think of is there...hopefully we'll hook up there....

Cal
07-30-04, 01:06 AM
Maybe Vette Doctors? Sounds familiar.

JBsZ06
07-31-04, 09:02 PM
vette Doctors in Amityville Long Island have a reputation beyond reproach for many many years.

I've met with Dennis and Carmen the owners of the Vette Doctors and these guys go way beyond to make sure the clients are satisfied.

If I lived out on long island and wanted to do mods..

These guys are the ones I'd use

first class outfit ..IMHO

I suggest them.

JOEYCTS-V
08-01-04, 11:40 PM
Hey guys, I'm a newbie here who's lookin to purchase a new CTS-V any day now. I'm from Queens, but work in Lake Ronkonkoma. I happen to know a lot about Cartek's work. They installed the hidden nitrous kit on my 96 Z28 383 stroker. They do excellent work but your car might be there awhile. A friend of mine also Vette Doctors for all the work on his procharged Z06 vette so they are both good places.
I haven't sat down and spoke with a dealer about this CTS-V though. What APR should I expect? Are they having any deals? From what I can see it looks like there are none for it. If ya don't mind me asking how much below sticker did you guys pay and how did you pay? Thanks in advance.

Big Bad V
08-02-04, 10:09 PM
Just wanted to see who is going to bald hill tomorrow. I'm hoping to see the other V s there. I have not been there in a couple weeks so it will be good to be back. Any way sorry about the thread jack, but hope to see you all there!

Craig

mitchm
08-02-04, 11:25 PM
I will try to get there. Don't get pissed at me, guys. I won't have time to wash it before I get there. Look for a dusty black '04 with tan interior.