: Air intake question...

Vesicant
07-28-04, 10:15 PM
Is the design and length of air intakes (on any car), specifically, technically engineered to make the car work its best? I know people change up intakes on cars all the time, but do designers and engineers make them within their specified technical limits when they create an intake system for a car? (the hosing, filter and filter box) Ive seen some pretty complicated set ups, and im wondering if its really like that for a reason.

(doh, just realized i posted this in the wrong section - mod's?)

Msilva954
07-28-04, 11:03 PM
I cant help on that question...but Ive always wondered that too.....why is it so many companies have better air boxes so soon after a model comes out????

But I have noticed recently that alot of newer cars are coming from the factory pretty much maxed out when it comes to air intake....its now taking up to a year or more for aftermarket intakes to come out on newer models....and I dont think they work that much better.

El Dobro
07-30-04, 05:02 PM
The manufacturers have to contend with federal emission, fuel and noise restrictions, so I'm sure they have to put a lot of research into the designs.