: 3 watt / LED - DRL's on 2006 EXT!

dswanger
09-14-09, 07:41 PM
Well now all my LED's are changed out, including my DRL with one 3 watt light. check it out? Cool White.
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/dwswanger/Cadillac/cadillaEXT059.jpg

dswanger
09-14-09, 07:42 PM
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/dwswanger/Cadillac/cadillaEXT060.jpg

sfv41901
09-15-09, 01:24 PM
Pic from the front with them on?

dswanger
09-15-09, 01:42 PM
Here is your front shot up close!
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/dwswanger/Cadillac/cadillaEXT061.jpg

ESCALADOR
09-15-09, 02:34 PM
Looks good, I have been wanting to do this but havent gotten around to it. What is the part number and where did you get them from?

fierodough
09-15-09, 02:43 PM
Looks good, I have been wanting to do this but havent gotten around to it. What is the part number and where did you get them from?

Yeah! what he said! :)

3W LED will still run much cooler then stock right? (I mean actual temp and not colour)

dswanger
09-15-09, 03:51 PM
Yeah! what he said! :)

3W LED will still run much cooler then stock right? (I mean actual temp and not colour)
When I took the bulb out I burned my finger with the bulb. The housing was also burned from the bulb, I was glad to replace them. The LED 3 Watt's are $24.00 @ not cheap but will last as DRL's. they have a 120 deg. angle of light and one led light and are Bright as well. Donald

bigdaddy's caddy
09-15-09, 03:59 PM
Looks good I 've been wanting to do the same thing too But i cant decide witch ones to go with I want to change to the blue color and have been looking at the Autolumination Tower with 60 leds I 'am not sure if these will be to bright Has anyone tried these out?

dswanger
09-15-09, 04:48 PM
Looks good I 've been wanting to do the same thing too But i cant decide witch ones to go with I want to change to the blue color and have been looking at the Autolumination Tower with 60 leds I 'am not sure if these will be to bright Has anyone tried these out?

Mine are Cool White LED's! And I have to say that a darker color would be harder to see in the day light? There is no heat off the LED's at all, and with a white EXT there even harder to see. Donald
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/dwswanger/Cadillac/cadillaEXT060.jpg

sfv41901
09-15-09, 06:31 PM
Looks good Donald. I think these LEDs will last a long time being that it "looks" to have a heat sink around the whole body. With LEDs...heat is the enemy. I wouldn’t waste my money on the 30, 40, 50, 60 etc LED bulbs as they don’t have any way to keep the heat down causing some of the LED to burn out. You have to remember that DRL LEDs will be on more that any other light on the truck. LED brake lights last longer due to less use. I would put money down on the table & bet that most that have these (see pic) will burn out in months.

http://thm-a01.yimg.com/image/4940bad28f79877c

dswanger
09-15-09, 08:33 PM
Looks good Donald. I think these LEDs will last a long time being that it "looks" to have a heat sink around the whole body. With LEDs...heat is the enemy. I wouldn’t waste my money on the 30, 40, 50, 60 etc LED bulbs as they don’t have any way to keep the heat down causing some of the LED to burn out. You have to remember that DRL LEDs will be on more that any other light on the truck. LED brake lights last longer due to less use. I would put money down on the table & bet that most that have these (see pic) will burn out in months.

http://thm-a01.yimg.com/image/4940bad28f79877c

These bulbs have a aluminum housing around the bottoms, and they are for DRL's and will last that's why they are $24.00@ Donald

fierodough
09-16-09, 09:32 AM
Why did GM not use these from the start? Would this not eliminate the heat issues? I understand that the DRL tend to heat the plastic in that area causing fumes that in turn end up "fogging" the lens.

You would think they would of started a campaign to swap the bulbs for LED. the $50 investment is cheaper then swapping the housings at over $1K each..

I would love to go work at GM head office and have a sit down with a few big wigs over there... :rolleyes:

fierodough
09-16-09, 09:34 AM
When I took the bulb out I burned my finger with the bulb. The housing was also burned from the bulb, I was glad to replace them. The LED 3 Watt's are $24.00 @ not cheap but will last as DRL's. they have a 120 deg. angle of light and one led light and are Bright as well. Donald

Do you have a part number or eBay link for these?

Thanks!

shore
09-16-09, 02:26 PM
every thread on DRL's always goes unanswered....it's like a big secret to get the right part# or all the details...lolol.

The last big thread was get the Light Tower II.....google that guy and see where it gets you.

ESCALADOR
09-16-09, 03:06 PM
every thread on DRL's always goes unanswered....it's like a big secret to get the right part# or all the details...lolol.

I know right, it is not like we are asking for the Colonel's seceret recipe here or something! :thepan:

shore
09-16-09, 04:05 PM
they will never come back to tell the stuff you actuallly need to know.

dswanger
09-16-09, 06:41 PM
:stirpot: no wonder why SOME people don't help! Ever take the time to ask yourself if maybe that person has a Job or other things to do? :stirpot: I try to find time to answer post's when I can, and those times change every day. I had a long day today and haven't had time to get back yet, and just got a chance to look at my post. And for those that haven't notice I am on PST! Donald

shore
09-16-09, 09:03 PM
lololololol....and still not even a part number or anything but took the time to whine.

It's not just you man..a TON of threads on here miss the money shot.Look at the other DRL threads....same thing..all kinds of info and pics but I'll be damned if they have an actual diffenetive part numbr or a way you can find the said part.It's friggin funny actually.

dswanger
09-16-09, 09:58 PM
I looked all around to find a DRL that would work, most people want more LED's per light. I want it to last, and be bright enough as well. Or show any interest of wanting the Signal LED light for DRL's! Here is the Part # 7440-WLX3 and the Link is http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR#315x-x25 :welcome: Hope this help you! Donald

lololololol....and still not even a part number or anything but took the time to whine.

It's not just you man..a TON of threads on here miss the money shot.Look at the other DRL threads....same thing..all kinds of info and pics but I'll be damned if they have an actual diffenetive part numbr or a way you can find the said part.It's friggin funny actually.

ESCALADOR
09-17-09, 09:37 AM
Thanks

sfv41901
09-17-09, 01:26 PM

The last big thread was get the Light Tower II.....google that guy and see where it gets you.

I know right, it is not like we are asking for the Colonel's seceret recipe here or something! :thepan:

they will never come back to tell the stuff you actuallly need to know.

:eek:
:rant2:

WOW....only 5 hrs had passed since the part # was asked. Give the guy a break. Some people dont plan their day around being on the forum. Take a :alchi: & chill out.

Donald's right......this is why people dont help. He tries to help out the forum members & if he doesnt reply in "your" time frame, you start :thepan:
Just because members on here have held out before, doesnt mean everyone will

dswanger
09-17-09, 02:03 PM
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=77308

ESCALADOR
09-17-09, 02:38 PM
:eek:
:rant2:

WOW....only 5 hrs had passed since the part # was asked. Give the guy a break. Some people dont plan their day around being on the forum. Take a :alchi: & chill out.

:wambulance:

Since you are counting it was longer than 5hours and a few posts past the part was requested.

sfv41901
09-17-09, 04:00 PM
Since you are counting it was longer than 5hours and a few posts past the part was requested.

Really?

5:34am,
Do you have a part number or eBay link for these?

Thanks!

10:26am,

11:06am,

Come on......look at the time firedough asked for a part # & look at the time shore replied, then you 30mins later. 5hrs. It would be 1 thing if it had been a few days, but we are only talking hours & when the bashing started.

All I'm saying is give people time to respond. Dont assume that because members in the past have left us hanging, that it will always happen.

:pop2:

ESCALADOR
09-17-09, 04:31 PM
Really?

Yes, really. You missed my first post

9-15-09 1:34PM

It's all good anyway, Donald gave us the info we need...Thanks again dswanger

sfv41901
09-17-09, 06:21 PM
Yes, really. You missed my first post

9-15-09 1:34PM

It's all good anyway, Donald gave us the info we need...Thanks again dswanger

Dam, I did miss that 1. :canttalk:

:hide:

shore
09-18-09, 10:30 AM
Guys, this type of stuff happens all the time on here.This board is slow and low traffic.Well this section at least.

I just find it funny that people will take the time to take pics/upload and explain every detials but forget the obvious...which would be some info on what the part number specific is or a place to get it.That's all.

specialblends27
09-18-09, 01:32 PM
they are 4114

damatster
09-20-09, 08:51 PM

The Part # is 3157, You can find them on eBay all day long.

dswanger
09-20-09, 11:17 PM
Well now all my LED's are changed out, including my DRL with one 3 watt light. check it out? Cool White.
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/dwswanger/Cadillac/cadillaEXT059.jpg
3157 & 3158 Turn and Stop, clearance only, and the other one is for Backup. Nether are continuous use LED's. That's why they burn-out after time.

shore
09-21-09, 11:33 AM
No on the 3157
No on the 4114

4114k is the stock bulb.There is a reason for this and it's voltage spikes.
Getting the right LED bulb is not as easy you think guys.Oh they will work for awhile but will start burning leds.

I'm thinking these little 3w in this thread are the way to go.

AZEscalade05
09-21-09, 01:13 PM
So what is the right part umber and can these be purchased on Ebay? Anyone have a link to the right part number?

Thanks

AZEscalade05
09-21-09, 01:24 PM
Thanks

dswanger
09-21-09, 03:49 PM
I looked all around to find a DRL that would work, most people want more LED's per light. I want it to last, and be bright enough as well. Or show any interest of wanting the Signal LED light for DRL's! Here is the Part # 7440-WLX3 and the Link is http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR#315x-x25 :welcome: Hope this help you! Donald

Here is the link! Any one can look at these bulbs and see how heavy Duty they are! They are 3 Watt's that's more watts than a 60 LED bulb. One time bulb change LED, I have better things to do than do something Twice! I started with LED from Truck Lites in 1999 when they first came out for Trucks.

trapshooter40
02-04-10, 01:21 AM
I bought three sets off ebay all different kinds and none of them lasted more then a month. They first start flickering then they burn out.. But they look sweet.. I would love to know the brand of some that last??