: Vehicle Overspeed!!!!

ctsv5005
09-14-09, 03:51 AM
Every time i go over 120 km/h (74 mp/h) Vehicle Overspeed occurs in the DIC, and no button would work on the left side of the steering, just the Vehicle Overspeed message would stay in the DIC till im above 120 km/h, as i slow down the DIC gets back to normal. im tired of this message. how to remove this one? pulling any fuse? My car is export model, and i heard this thing is only with the export models and not with the ones in US.TIA.

commander112
09-14-09, 07:41 AM
What you are seeing is not normal. There was a thread sometime ago from someone having the same issue. I think it will require a trip in for service to correct. Do a search here to find the thread.

MReiland
09-14-09, 07:42 AM
Not sure yet on the V, on my previous SAAB 9-3 you set the level that you wanted the overspeed warning to come on at in the vehicle settings, you could also turn it off there.

Mikels
09-14-09, 09:35 AM
Every time i go over 120 km/h (74 mp/h) Vehicle Overspeed occurs in the DIC, and no button would work on the left side of the steering, just the Vehicle Overspeed message would stay in the DIC till im above 120 km/h, as i slow down the DIC gets back to normal. im tired of this message. how to remove this one? pulling any fuse? My car is export model, and i heard this thing is only with the export models and not with the ones in US.TIA.

Message is normal and per regulatory requirements for that market.

wait4me
09-14-09, 02:42 PM
Mikels is correct. It is only for the export vehicles. You can buy a dash from us spec and it would get rid of that.

ctsv5005
09-14-09, 07:10 PM
Mikels is correct. It is only for the export vehicles. You can buy a dash from us spec and it would get rid of that.

what dash?? where can i get one?? how much? thanks.

aceofblitz
09-14-09, 09:04 PM
What you are seeing is not normal. There was a thread sometime ago from someone having the same issue. I think it will require a trip in for service to correct. Do a search here to find the thread.

I was the one who created the thread, my problem is that i can't go ABOVE 137 km/h.. I took it to the dealership and they found a problem with the actuator, they replaced it now I don't have the Issue anymore. The issue he is talking about is that once you go above 120 km/h the dash screen says "Vehicle Overspeed" and it stays there for the whole time you're above 120 km/h. On our in-city highways, 120 km/h is AVERAGE, when you travel from city to city speed cameras catch you if you go above 160km/h, so you can understand how we can't use ANY of the options on the left console. I really want to know how much fuel I'm wasting cruising at 160km/h lol.

nynd
09-14-09, 09:23 PM
what dash?? where can i get one?? how much? thanks.

I think they mean the instrument cluster (your gauges where you see your speed). Swapping this unit might solve your problem with a US spec'd unit. Normally, it is a config file that is programmed into one of these modules. Either the cluster or BCM /PCM has a bit set that correlates to a GCC vehicle (Gulf Coast) export unit which has enabled this feature.

UAEmonster
09-18-09, 11:27 AM
Well, there must be a way to take that off ! so that it pops up once when u reach 120 km then goes away just like other cars !
cant be ?!?!

alwaysme
09-18-09, 04:34 PM
same issue here from kuwait

ctsv5005
09-18-09, 08:36 PM
i think we have to live with it.... if anyone can help us, his name is Jesse :-)