: Hey Caddy guys. Help! "service ride control"

EXT04
09-13-09, 10:14 PM
My service ride control light is on in my truck. How do I fix this myself? What causes the "service ride control" light to come on? LMK Thanks Alex

sk7
09-13-09, 10:20 PM
You can check the thread about the million dollar question down the list. There's a few members here (me included) with ride control issues. You can start by checking if the compressor still works by jumping the relay, then check sensors at the SCM. Keep us posted.

luxurylife33
09-13-09, 10:23 PM
i think theres been about 3+ of these threads a week.... look at the relay thread, all your questions should get answered and a bit of reading

bigblackescalade
09-29-09, 07:27 PM
Mine was as simple as cleaning the very top of the front shocks where the sensor mounts to, there was a bunch of rust and I gues it was sending a bad signal. No more service ride control message!

KrazyKeith
10-13-09, 11:34 AM
I had a broken black plastic lever for the sensor on the front pass wheel, a clean break, Gorilla glue the 2nd time, it's held since and the "Service Ride Control" message is finally gone.

My compressor kicks on as normal and the truck even feels a touch tighter, might just be me though.

In otherwords, There is something additional to check at each wheel, make sure they are not broken !

auberypn
11-12-09, 11:01 PM
hey guys,you know after 96000 miles you bound to have problems.My service ride control ,even dough i try cleaning the plugs i still have the problem, where is the relay in the truck, so i can bypass to check for the compressor,and whats the scm,and where ist located. Thanks guys

sk7
11-12-09, 11:22 PM
You will find all your answers here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/142916-answer-1million-question-where-air-ride.html

Bypassing the relay to check if the compressor is working is a good place to start. But most of us have found the exhaust solenoid on the compressor to be the problem. Keep us posted.

auberypn
11-13-09, 08:57 PM
Hey, i found the compressor at the rear behind the driver side, but its shot, i dont know if i should replace it or just get a set of the strutmaster conversion kit. thanks

sk7
11-14-09, 09:08 AM
You bypassed the relay and no go from the compressor? If the compressor is seized or jammed you will get quite a few sparks flying from bypassing the relay, and the fuse will blow, if its not already... Did you have 12V at the relay? Check to make sure the ground strap from the compressor body to the braket is not corroded or cut. The assembly is rubber mounted to the bracket. Good point to have a look at your shocks b4 investing $$$ into a new compressor.

luxurylife33
11-14-09, 12:59 PM
I doubt the conversion kit would eliminate the "service ride control" message .... that would annoy me ( it did for a few months )

auberypn
11-15-09, 08:57 AM
Ispoke to this guy at strutmaster,who then informed me that the kit,along with a few disconnecting and i should be good to go. Sky, i tryed jumping the compressor on its own but it dont work. is the relay exactly by the fusebox,because i know when i checked,their power going to the comp. I will do like u all sugessted,have a good look at everything,before purchasing $$$.