: Remote start?

40 Acres
09-13-09, 08:55 PM
I have an 03 ESCALADE ESV; I was was messing around with the FOB and my truck started. I am not aware of remote start on it; was it a factory item that I an not aware of? Ifso, how does it work? What combo of buttons ativate it?

sk7
09-13-09, 09:39 PM
There was no factory option for the remote start on our generation escalades, its a dealer added or aftermarket option. Usually pressing lock twice within 3-5 seconds will activate the remote start option. You can check the post about such a system a few pages back... Member had a DEI sticker under the hood warning about the remote start option.

40 Acres
09-14-09, 09:58 PM
tried it; but did not work. It has started in the pass and I aske dmy wife and she said she it started for her also but don't remember/know what combonation we pressed

sk7
09-14-09, 10:16 PM
Does the truck receives a signal when you press lock twice? If the parking light flash repeatedly maybe the hoodpin is out of adjustement and prevents the remote start from operating? Is the panic-car locator still working? I have installed the remote start on that button on some cars, when the OEM receiver is not built into the BCM. Did you find info about the remote start manufacturer under the hood?

sfv41901
09-15-09, 12:23 PM
What????? I didnt know about this! How can I find out if I have this option?

T-Giv
09-30-09, 07:39 PM
That would be sick if we secretly had remote start all this time. Especially since remote start kits are a slight pain to install on our trucks.

ewill3rd
09-30-09, 08:47 PM
As stated, remote start was not a factory option.
You don't have it.
It requires some extra hardware that was never installed on that version of the Escalade.

Most of them that have this installed have a sticker under the hood to warn a mechanic so he doesn't get his fingers removed by accident.

sfv41901
09-30-09, 10:20 PM
As stated, remote start was not a factory option.
You don't have it.
It requires some extra hardware that was never installed on that version of the Escalade.

Most of them that have this installed have a sticker under the hood to warn a mechanic so he doesn't get his fingers removed by accident.

So for the ones that have "this sticker", are they aftermarket or OEM?

If OEM, what would need to be done to get it?

sk7
09-30-09, 10:52 PM
As far as I know, those are all aftermarket remote start install. Apart from the sticker and added hoodpin, there will be an on-off switch around the driver's side dashboard, most likely behind fuse panel cover or close to the OBD connector.