: Check Your Air Filter

nc09v2
09-13-09, 04:15 PM
I just turned 3000 miles, and took a peak at my air filter yesterday. It was DIRTY. I installed a new 09 V specific OEM Delco replacement. My car runs noticably better as in better throttle response, and it is faster.

Check your air filter fellas.

Gary Wells
09-13-09, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the suggestion / reminder, I will keep an eye on mine.

wait4me
09-13-09, 09:24 PM
You dont want to know what the ones in Saudi and dubai looked like. Those guys need to check theres ALOT AND clean thier Mass air meter already after 1000 miles. One was so bad that it was 13s at wide open throttle. Cleaning it brought it back down to 11.3 with no other changes. The powder goes right thru the STOCK filter. The whole inside of his motor was VERY dirty and coated with fine powder sand.

Prof
09-13-09, 10:16 PM
you dont want to know what the ones in saudi and dubai looked like. Those guys need to check theres alot and clean thier mass air meter already after 1000 miles. One was so bad that it was 13s at wide open throttle. Cleaning it brought it back down to 11.3 with no other changes. The powder goes right thru the stock filter. The whole inside of his motor was very dirty and coated with fine powder sand.

11.3?

Barry626
09-13-09, 11:14 PM
I just turned 3000 miles, and took a peak at my air filter yesterday. It was DIRTY. I installed a new 09 V specific OEM Delco replacement. My car runs noticably better as in better throttle response, and it is faster.

Guessing real easy to replace just wish I knew where it is exactly!

SlvrBullIT
09-14-09, 12:56 AM
lower right as you are looking at the engine when the hood is up. That big'ole hose goes to the airbox.

MSJ
09-14-09, 02:14 AM

good to see another RDU V2 owner here. I live in Holly Springs, work in Cary. There are quite a few V2 owners in the area. I'll probably throw a dyno day for V2's soon. just threw a dyno day for my local vette buddies about a month ago.

thanks for the tip, i wouldn't have expected to check the air filter so early on. I'll pop mine this week and take a look.

mike