: 2009 CTS-V vs Jeep SRT8

JFT
09-13-09, 12:06 AM
Hi all

I am seriously considering purchasing a new CTS-V.

I currently own a new Jeep SRT8 that is equipped with a Vortech supercharger, Kooks Headers, etc.

Bottom line is that the Jeep is super fast. I live in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates and have the chance to race some very fast cars daily. So far, from 0-80 MPH, no car is faster than the jeep. This includes Nissan GTR, Porsche 911 Turbo, Ferrari F430, all BMW M and all Merc AMG Models.

Current 0-60 is 3.7sec (very steady, no wheel slip) and quarter mile at 95F is 12.2sec at 112.2 MPH.

I am looking for a faster car than the Jeep (mostly interested in the 0-60).

Can the CTS-V be modified (remain a daily driver) and be significantly faster than what I already have?

Looking forward to your input.

JF

thebigjimsho
09-13-09, 12:09 AM
To 60? No.

SlvrBullIT
09-13-09, 12:29 AM
Low weight wheels, slicks, pully, CAI, Exhaust, tune, Auto TCU tune I think you can. If you can keep the wheels locked up I bet you can beat 3.7.

Caroutisine
09-13-09, 01:06 AM
To 60? No.

Hard to beat high HP AWD out of the hole.

NeedCTS-v
09-13-09, 01:15 AM
As others here have indicated, out of the hole the Jeep is quicker. This being said, the V is "faster" than my mildly modded Jeep SRT8 (that I traded in on on the V).

From a roll, I think that stock for stock, the V is much faster than the Jeep, it is lighter, has better gearing than the Jeep (which is geared strictly for the hole shot)

In the handling department there is no comparison, the V is very good, the Jeep doesn't stand a chance.

As for overall driving experience I personally prefer the V. It is a great all around performance vehicle.

If you're primary need is to drag race on straight roads to 100MPH or so, the Jeep may be a keeper.

Good luck with your decision.

ctsv5005
09-13-09, 02:08 AM
Hi all

I currently own a new Jeep SRT8 that is equipped with a Vortech supercharger, Kooks Headers, etc.

Bottom line is that the Jeep is super fast. I live in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates and have the chance to race some very fast cars daily. So far, from 0-80 MPH, no car is faster than the jeep. This includes Nissan GTR, Porsche 911 Turbo, Ferrari F430, all BMW M and all Merc AMG Models.

Current 0-60 is 3.7sec (very steady, no wheel slip) and quarter mile at 95F is 12.2sec at 112.2 MPH.

Can the CTS-V be modified (remain a daily driver) and be significantly faster than what I already have?

JF

Did u modify it from Extreme Performance AD??

Hondarrr
09-13-09, 03:19 AM
I own them both, and the hole shot 0-60 srt8 is better, the V has major traction control problem due to the fact that is rear wheel drive and way to much torke as it is, even with the traction control on it will smoke the tires, loosing traction and 0-60 time, both my cars are stock, the srt8 has corsa cat back only and on the 60 ft mark I do a steady 1.78 with the srt8 and the best I had done with the V is 1.95 then again at the end of the 1/4 mile the srt8 does 13.10 all day and the V 12.32 on a good pass, on the jeep you feel the raw power and on the V you don't it's a softer suspenssion and very quiet interior, it does handles way better on high speed. but if you have the money to spend on a good set of rims and drag radials it may hook good on the track..

JFT
09-13-09, 10:11 AM
Did u modify it from Extreme Performance AD??

Yes I did

Thanks for the input so far, it really helps.

To tell you how fast the Jeep is, I have beaten a GTR up from 0 to 100MPH with 5 people in the car. I am not talking about a single race, I run across GTR's all the time.

So far, all races from a dig have been a walk in the park.

Razorecko
09-13-09, 12:32 PM
I had actually had 2x jeep srt8's. My first one was an '07 that i lemon'd / had chrysler buy back and than got a new '08. It was a great vehicle for when i lived in another location and did mainly stop light driving. Than i moved further out and did almost all my driving on the highway. I drive at around 80mph and at that speed the jeep was a dog. Although its 0-60 is very potent.

Gary Wells
09-13-09, 01:35 PM
Yes I did

Thanks for the input so far, it really helps.

To tell you how fast the Jeep is, I have beaten a GTR up from 0 to 100MPH with 5 people in the car. I am not talking about a single race, I run across GTR's all the time.

So far, all races from a dig have been a walk in the park.

Welcome to the forum / site. Unbelievably quick Jeep, and you are going to have a hard time finding anything that is going to beat that Jeep out of the hole.

qictrk
09-13-09, 03:50 PM
Rather than looking for a vehicle that is quicker out of the hole, why not pump the horsepower up on the jeep? I'm sure there is a garage that will be more than happy to make your jeep, a super jeep. There are always ways to get more power. Of course, you will have to put some money in the drivetrain too. But from your inventory, i don't think this will be a problem with you. Cecil.........

nc09v2
09-13-09, 03:56 PM
I also traded a mildly modded 07 Jeep SRT-8 for my V. As others here have indicated, out of the hole the Jeep was very quick and easy to launch because of traction. So 0-60 would be close due to traction challenges with the V, but I think with a good start (driver) a V would keep pace.

Aside from 0-60, the V is much faster. It would kill a Jeep from a roll and also by the end of the 1/4 mile. The V handles and drives much better at speed on the freeway.

The Jeep is all about 0-60 or maybe 0-80, and it was a lot of fun, but the V is in a completely different class performance wise. I much enjoyed the owning the Jeep for 2 years, but never looked back when the 09 V hit the market.

Test drive a V and get what you like. Best of luck with your decision.

UaeCTS-V
09-13-09, 06:27 PM
I had a 07 turbo Jeep SRT8 and i had it for almost 2 years ,as far as 0-60mph nothing could beat a modded Jeep SRT8 it launches so damn fast , however on a long run its not as stable nor quite as the new CTS-V... i sold my jeep and now am having the V2 , its beating the jeep in every single option , from all the carbon interior , reccaro seats etc.. to the goddess 6.2L supercharged engine ... just cant stop enjoying this beast , hope this helps in making your decision.

ctsv5005
09-13-09, 07:31 PM
Hi all

JF
Hi JFT,
Nice to know that you are interested in purchasing a cts-V. Well i live in sharjah, and i would like to run my car against yours, and i am sure i can beat the jeep from a dig, no matter if its supercharged. no offence but thats true. so i give you an open challenge. you can check out my car aswell. so do you accept brother? you said till now no car is faster than your car from 0-80mph... then it would be a tough challenge.take care.

JFT
09-13-09, 11:49 PM
Hi JFT,
Nice to know that you are interested in purchasing a cts-V. Well i live in sharjah, and i would like to run my car against yours, and i am sure i can beat the jeep from a dig, no matter if its supercharged. no offence but thats true. so i give you an open challenge. you can check out my car aswell. so do you accept brother? you said till now no car is faster than your car from 0-80mph... then it would be a tough challenge.take care.

Of course I am up for the challenge. Is your car modded? If you can beat me, I will run to the dealership the next day.

But I doubt it. Is your car faster than a ZO6, a porsche GT2, etc? i beat those easily.

Something to look for. :thumbsup:

radix
09-14-09, 12:06 AM
Of course I am up for the challenge. Is your car modded? If you can beat me, I will run to the dealership the next day.

But I doubt it. Is your car faster than a ZO6, a porsche GT2, etc? i beat those easily.

don't forget to post the video gentlemen ! :highfive:

ctsv5005
09-14-09, 01:55 AM

lets make it a friendly competition/race. To be honest i never tried with a z06 and a GT2. So if you dont mind, we fix a race, share things about our rides, and have fun basically. So when are u ready just let me know. take care.

ctsv5005
09-14-09, 01:56 AM
don't forget to post the video gentlemen ! :highfive:

Sure why not, but JFT has to agree for that :-)

take care.

CSX
09-14-09, 03:29 AM
Send your Jeep to whomever built this one. I think it'd be enough to put a smile back on your face.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORJbaQgR9hQ&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fls2.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.ph p%3Fs%3D%26threadid%3D785986&feature=player_embedded

cars_are_fun!
09-14-09, 02:25 PM
I owned a 2006 Jeep SRT8. A family member now has it. IMO, although I love the CTS-V, there is no way that your jeep, with the mods you have, can ever be beaten by a CTS-V (modded or not). Again IMO, the all wheel drive makes all the difference. My Jeep, being mostly stock, beat everything out of the hole, but lost to many by the end of the quarter mile. The more my 2009 CTS-V breaks in, the more power it has, and the harder it is to launch LOL. Now it fishtails with traction control completely ON........and rolling into the gas. I love the CTS-V, I love the jeep (would never have sold it to a stranger), they are both awesome - I did consider keeping the Jeep and having a supercharger, etc., added ...... but I liked the CTS-V too much. It is my favorite of the cars that I own......and that's saying something, because I also have a 2010 Shelby convertible - (which is everyone else's favorite LOL - kids, grandkids, etc.). Now, if someone figured out how to change the CTS-V to AWD............THEN this topic would get REAL interesting!

JFT
09-14-09, 11:46 PM
Sure why not, but JFT has to agree for that :-)

take care.

Ok folks, we still live almost 200km (120 miles) apart.

Are you visiting Abu Dhabi any time soon? I will film the race for sure, lots of the SRT8 folks want to see it as well. And by the way, the CTS-V gets a lot of respect on my forum.

Lets shoot for a time after Eid.

Regards

JFT

benelliwang
09-15-09, 01:46 AM
Hi all

JF

May I suggest a Van? Our Van beat a ZR1, can your Van beat a ZR1?
YouTube - Turbo Van Doing It Again

SlvrBullIT
09-15-09, 04:48 AM
That ZR1 driver needs lessons in reaction time....

ctsv5005
09-15-09, 05:04 AM
Ok folks, we still live almost 200km (120 miles) apart.

Are you visiting Abu Dhabi any time soon? I will film the race for sure, lots of the SRT8 folks want to see it as well. And by the way, the CTS-V gets a lot of respect on my forum.

Lets shoot for a time after Eid.

Regards

JFT

I think your jeep is not healthy at the moment ;) ... you are most welcome to sharjah anytime, just inform me after eid when you are coming, and we'll have a good time. I respect the srt8 myself, because i had a 300c srt8, did a 7.0L stroke and supercharged it aswell from Extreme Performance AD. Ask abdullah al zaabi about an orange 300c srt8, from ajman, and he'll tell you about me. anyways see you soon. take care.

SILVER-V
10-06-09, 09:32 PM
If you want raw out of the hole performance, I would suggest an Evo. My Evo IX cuts low 1.7's and even 1.6' with bolt-ons, it runs 11.4-11.5 in the 1/4 mile at 120-122mph. I beat a Jeep SRT8 with an exhaust, ecu upgrade, head work and a staged 200 shot of NOS at the 1/4 mile. Although its not as luxurious its an amazing bang for the buck and the handling matches the GTR.

SRT8/BMW
10-07-09, 07:39 PM
another option (don't get me wrong--I have a 09 CTS-V and wouldn't trade it for anything) but if your looking for 0-60, 0-80 think about a BMW 335Xi. (awd)

Mine runs high elevens but more importantly cuts 1.6-1.7 60 ft times on street tires! thats with tune, downpipes and intercooler--bout $2300 in mods. Never been close to being beat at a light. My g-tech measures my 0-60 at 3.7 (and it beats my V which is usually 4.1-4.2 with a best of 3.9 on a perfect launch).

not too shabby from a roll either---hangs with my v to about 120...then the V says bye bye

NeedCTS-v
10-07-09, 08:19 PM
If you have the coin and you just want somethig that flat out hauls, why not with a more singular purpose like an Ariel Atom or an Ultima GTR.

http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2006/2006-Ultima-GTR-Speed-Record-Open-1024x768.jpg

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/02/Atom_500_V8.jpg

JFT
10-15-09, 04:45 PM
2009 JEEP SRT8 Vortech Supercharged vs 2009 Stock Cadillac CTS-V

Dear all

To follow up on this topic, I had an opportunity to match up against a new stock Cadillac CTS-V. The owner who is getting ready to mod his Cadillac was interested to see how his car stacked up against the Jeep.

Before anything, here is a video of my Jeep SRT8 Vortech Supercharged on the Dyno and a 0-60MPH pass.

YouTube - Jeep SRT8 Vortech Supercharged Dyno Pass and 0-60

The race went like this. Keep in mind that I am mostly interested in the 0-60 acceleration.

We first lined up both cars at about 15 MPH and we both floored it. On this first run, the Jeep gained a solid 2 car length on the CTS-V but it was apparent that above 80 MPH, the Caddy was gaining on the Jeep.

The next race was from a dig up to about 80 MPH.

Here is the footage of this race:

YouTube - Jeep SRT8 Vortech Supercharged vs Stock Cadillac CTS-V

As you can see, the CTS-V offers no challenge from a dig. There is way too much power at the wheels of this car to generate a clean start.

The Cadillac is a real beast and I can't wait to match up against it after his mods.

Prof
10-15-09, 04:57 PM
The SRT 8 is a beast in an eight mile and 0-60 is even more stout. Your mods will make you a match for most vehicles in the arena you desire to compete.

A stock CTS V, well driven will beat you in a quarter mile and beyond the quarter you will be chopped liver.

Your four wheel drive advantage is a super combo with the forced injection.

I don't think your modified vehicle would even be in the same class from 100 on or on a road course, or even at over 1380 feet.

And I have a supercharged SRT 10 that will eat your lunch at anything over 120 feet. But who cares?

You have exactly what you want in the Jeep! And you are considering a step up to a wonderful vehicle.

Bet your Forced Injection Jeep doesn't have a 100,000 mile warranty! Get the CTS V... you will never look back!

Roy

mpouls1
10-16-09, 12:22 AM
The SRT 8 is a beast in an eight mile and 0-60 is even more stout. Your mods will make you a match for most vehicles in the arena you desire to compete.

A stock CTS V, well driven will beat you in a quarter mile and beyond the quarter you will be chopped liver.

Agreed. I had a 300C SRT8 and ran against a JSRT8 both stock. The jeep barely takes it in the 1/4. My CTS-V runs a cool 1 sec faster than my ex SRT8.

JFT
10-16-09, 03:15 AM

Roy

Thanks for the comments guys. I particularly appreciate the respectful attitude on this form.

At the moment, the Jeep runs a very respectable 1/4 mile in 12.0s at 114 MPH and this with a total cost for the mods well below 10K. For an everyday family hauler, that is driven most of the time by my wife, it represents a pretty fun package.

Over here in Abu Dhabi where I live, I get daily opportunities to race exotic cars at light signals. I like to keep the speed in the "safe range" and this is why I focus mostly on the 0-80MPh. I have seen too many deadly accidents here involving supercars racing above 150MPH and loosing it.

I am still eyeing the CTS-V real hard, I love this car. I am also tempted by the new Audi R8 V10 and Nissan GTR that are both AWD.

Cheers

JF

UaeCTS-V
10-16-09, 06:18 AM
JFT >< :tisk:

JFT
10-16-09, 07:50 AM
JFT >< :tisk:

:lildevil:

Lets do it again, Can't wait.

1/4 mile track at Yas Island would be a good place to match yp when it opens in Feb.

Regards

Prof
10-16-09, 07:54 AM
We hope by Feb...you will have added the CTS V to your garage...keep the SRT 8. Mopar lovers never die they just get crushed by the number of garage queens they have!