: How do I turn off Air ride compressor?

coralreef35mm
09-12-09, 08:39 PM
My compressor would work some days and others not, so I just put a manual air kit in for the time being..Now for the last 3 days it is working and keeps running..How do I disable it? I don't want to cut wires as I will be back to using it when time allows to go through the system..Fuse for that thing somewhere?

KAKY
09-12-09, 09:29 PM
In my 03 ESV there is a fuse box under the hood on the drivers side(black box little smaller than the battery).The lid pops off and inside the lid tells you what each fuse dose.I pulled Stud #1 (green 40amp maxi fuse)to turn the compressor off. Hope this helps...

luxurylife33
09-12-09, 11:01 PM
it runs off the ignition 3 fuse on the side of the dash, but your car wont run i bet without it.... you could also pull the compressor relay attached to the outside of the fuse box in the engine bay.

sk7
09-13-09, 06:48 AM
You are probably using the OEM relay to power up the compresor ?(that's how I setup my overide switch), I would cut the Lt Blue wire (A10 position, PNK connector) at the SCM to disable it.

nathanjax
09-14-09, 06:37 PM
No No No No No No No No...

Easiest way possible...

With the truck off, pull the negative cable off of the battery. Wait 10 minutes, pull the RTD fuse that is in the fuse box under the hood. It's to the far left, and should be a 30amp fuse. Wait about 3 minutes, put the battery ground back on and start the truck.

I just did this today and works flawlessly. When I started it up, I got a light and suspension message for about 5 seconds, and then it went away and hasn't come back after 10+ times starting and driving the truck.

(I can get pictures of the fuse block if you really need the exact location. But it shows it on the underside of the lid)

coralreef35mm
09-15-09, 08:50 PM
Nathan,

What is the RTD fuse?
Also what light and message did you get?

nathanjax
09-15-09, 09:33 PM
Real Time Dampening - (The air ride)

And I cant remember the exact message or light... It only appeared for about 2 seconds and then went off.

It's been 2 days and still no problems what so ever

sk7
09-15-09, 09:51 PM
RTD fuse is a good idea, it feeds 12V to the SCM. Let us know if you can still manually activate your compressor without it. Here is the related diagram for that fuse.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq102/sk7_1969/Escalade/RTD.gif

nathanjax
09-15-09, 10:00 PM
RTD fuse is a good idea, it feeds 12V to the SCM. Let us know if you can still manually activate your compressor without it. Here is the related diagram for that fuse.

I've been looking at the huge air compressor thread wondering why everyone is going through the hassle. I put Bilstein HD shocks on my Escalade to lower it, and I don't need the compressor anymore. if you let me know what wire to power (or ground) to try it I will.

What is everyone on that thread trying to accomplish? Just be able to adjust the rear to whatever level they want?

sk7
09-15-09, 10:22 PM
I was referring to coralreef who wrote he's got a manual kit to activate the compressor. I bought this truck for pulling a tent trailer and a boat, and I find the auto-leveling suspension in the rear a big plus. Well in theory cause it never worked automatically so far... My truck is stock, wheels and suspension, and I like things to work the way they are supposed to. But I'm not gonna fork over lotsa $$$ at the problem till it works. Seems to me we are all having the same issue with our RTD systems. If I can't make it work with the OEM SCM, I'm gonna build my own control module for the rear suspension level.

coralreef35mm
09-16-09, 07:51 AM
Does the RTD (Real time Dampening) have anything to do with the ride control other than air..Don't these adjust suspension front AND rear 1000 times per second?...Seems like pulling that relay would eliminate that as well as the air compressor...

nathanjax
09-16-09, 06:14 PM
Does the RTD (Real time Dampening) have anything to do with the ride control other than air..Don't these adjust suspension front AND rear 1000 times per second?...Seems like pulling that relay would eliminate that as well as the air compressor...

I swapped ALL my suspension for new aftermarket stuff. Bilstein HD shocks in front and rear. Since I did that, I didn't need the RTD at all and pulled the fuse so no idiot lights show up on the dash.

sk7
09-16-09, 06:57 PM
SCM does control the compressor and the solenoids to all 4 shocks. Since you replaced everything with aftermarket, its a good thing you can just pull out that fuse and get no error message for something you don't need anyways. I tried to unplug the SCM all together and got service ride control, on top of my service stability system. Its a good trick to know!

Espritv8
01-15-10, 11:58 AM
I might get a leak on my system. While i sorting this out i don't want to compressor to be working all the time, so i might just turn it off. If the compressor isn't working for an extended period of time, will it damage it?

nohopeboyz
11-22-10, 02:18 AM
Afterunplugging that fuse I get the SSS light on the dash??? Is a 02 different? thanks

longdyslik
09-27-11, 09:27 PM
today i put in my drop springs in the rear and it look the same as b4...looks drop when the car is not starting....but when its start up its back to factory height? how can i get rid of this problem?