Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cf... the cheap and esy way! i just ordered some!!!

15K views 178 replies 29 participants last post by  Ferny 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
check this stuff out!

http://www.luxury4play.com/carbon-fiber-gear/33007-cheaper-alternative-carbon-fiber-wrap-almost-anything-when-you-just-want-look.html

that silver trim on the steering wheel... doing that!.

the rubber trim around the shifter... doing it!

maybe even the whole nav/change holder/air vent area too!

call it cheap, love it, hate it! i'm doing it because noone will make real stuff and this is the closest and best looking stuff out there...

those wondering maybe even can do FRC's?!?!?!

thanks for looking!

EDIT** mods please correct the thread name.. was so excited i spelled easy wrong!**

See less See more
#4 ·
Just curious, you say you don't like or respect visual mods right? so why do you post in every thread in the appearance section????? Im just curious? is it a cry for attention or just an obsession with visual mods??? ;) I think you just live through others and there visual modding to get your fix :histeric:

Btw not a big fan of carbon fiber unless its functional... or in a really cheap front splitter :D

#3 ·
Sweet, looks cool. I wonder how well it stands up to long exposures of direct sunlight and high temperatures including under the hood. Let us know how it works and take pics!!

#8 ·
I read a few pages into the thread and it said something like 12 years indoor and 4 years outdoor. The stuff isn't THAT cheap either and is 3M, so I would say it probably holds up pretty well.

#6 ·
Hmmm...Silver V with "carbon fiber" roof? :hide:

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
me too but gm wants i believe $1xxx for their CF trash can lid! F-that!

:pop2:

poast pics when your done
oh will do!

this actually looks pretty good.
thats what turned me onto this stuff! it looks 1000x's better then the fake cf in the new v's and some of the fake cf in bmw's and stuff! this stuff reflects in the sun just like real dry CF! to do a hood like one person did is retarded IMO because you can benifit froma real CF hood... but interior pieces.. why the hell not! might add interior dorrs handle surrounds to the list too!

#11 ·
:pop2:

poast pics when your done

#20 ·
it should work out fine! at least for a good while... i remember someone else having the fake carbon look and he never had a problem and i believe that was just a vinyl wrap... this stuff seems pretty tough! watched a video of one of the guys putting it on something and had to heat it up to get it to conform to harder spots... so should be durable enough for underhood! if not... rip it off!:highfive:

#33 ·
:helpless:

I'm hoping S. Jersey plans on being a little more conservative then this....atleast on the V. The desk is fair game :yup:

#38 ·
I think the OP is banned. So you probably won't get a response on that.

#40 ·
I've seen some pretty good results posted on the Subaru forum. I think it looks cool, and from what people say, the 3M product is pretty easy to work with. I have a hard time visualizing it in our interior, though. The problem (IMO) is that there are already a few different textures at play in our interior - the leather and faux suede of the seats, the dash and door panels have a couple different types of plastic texture, the brushed aluminum of the steering wheel, the smooth leather on the steering wheel, the cross-hatched texture of the horn pad on the wheel, the fabric of the pillars and headliner, and I may be missing something else. Adding yet another texture/look to the mix I think would just make the interior look more confused.

As for other ideas, I have the (real) CF radiator shroud - you could use this stuff and have the same effect for about 1/20 the cost. Same thing goes for FRCs.

#45 ·
the beetle flower holder is a nice touch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.