: Fuel Rail Leak

jeffreykeithpike
07-28-04, 05:04 PM
I love Cadillacs and have been driving them since 1977. The 96 Eldorado that I have now has been a lemon, but I still love it go figure. I have changed fan, blower, altenator, power steering pump, water pump, compressor, lower ball joint, Cv joint, coils, hoses, idler pully, battery cables, battery, etc. and NOW my fuel rail is leaking. A pin hole between 6 and 8. No recall in the system yet. It is a dealer part. You can still buy the nylon ones at $350 or a stainless steel one at $183. I ordered a stainless one five minutes ago and I am suppose to have it Friday. I was told by Cadillac service that if and when it is recalled I will be able to get reimburssed for the fuel rail. The parts guy told me the same thing. I am going to glass and epoxy the pin hole until the rail arrives. I do not have a lot of confidence that I will get it Friday.

jeffreykeithpike
07-28-04, 11:17 PM
The glass cloth and epoxy did the trick. I canceled the ordered part and I am going to wait for the recall.

bolvey.1
07-28-04, 11:42 PM
Do you know what stinks Jeff?
We own top of the line American vehicles.
Some people pay top of the line dollars when they are purchased.
I buy used. ( I use my main car for business and run up many miles in a short period of time.)
But I still pay good dollars for what I drive.
The Caddies that we own are great.
We get spoiled.
But D--mit, don't cut corners with quality.
Make us want to come back!
Make us salivate with the thought of owning one of those!
Got it GM?
The Buick division does.
I've owned 2. (trouble free).
Stay with Caddy. lets 'slap' BMW.
Mark

jeffreykeithpike
07-29-04, 01:01 AM
Yea, I.m not going to let the trouble with this one turn me away. I buy used myself knowing I may have to work on it some.