: Anyone looking for a 5 speed manual tranny?

elvin315
09-11-09, 03:14 PM
The catch is it's in Germany.

Schaltgetriebe 5-Gang- Getriebe Opel Omega b V6 96tkm (http://cgi.ebay.de/Schaltgetriebe-5-Gang-Getriebe-Opel-Omega-b-V6-96tkm_W0QQitemZ190332852859QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto teile_Zubehör?hash=item2c50b8da7b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14)

CateraMV6
09-11-09, 03:44 PM
I have been conducting some research and I think that The CTS engine/tranny combo will work in our cars but we will need clutch pedal assembly and new master cylinder from a respectful omega vehicle.

Possibly even a new ecu or a transfer out of the CTS... and a new drive shaft as well...

In the future I plan to complete one of these swaps with a 3.2L

Black02SLPSS
09-11-09, 04:02 PM
Im just about ready to stab the 3.2 and tranny back in my caddy... Im just trying to get all the things that will totally screw me done while its sitting on the floor vs having to do it in the car.

CateraMV6
09-11-09, 04:08 PM
I am thinking a 3.2L with a proper intake, exhaust headers, catless system, chip and a Police Diff and you will have yourself a solid performer capable of 230-250hp... and a stick for you to stir your own fun....

Man... too many things I wanna do to my car...

Black02SLPSS
09-12-09, 01:46 AM
Well, the intake system doesnt seem too bad as it is. Exhaust could definatly use some help, especially at the heads. High flow cats or catless would be good. A tune would definatly be in order, however i do not know if there is any tuning software out there that will recognize a catera ECU, be it hp tuners or whatever. Now i dont know what a police diff is, would that be a type of limited slip or locker or what? lol

Oh and custom cams would help it out too,

Black02SLPSS
09-12-09, 01:54 AM
Also from what i have been reading the 3.2 has about 220hp as it is, so all of those things together would add up alot. Now when you said 230-250hp were you talking about hp at the wheels?

Aron9000
09-12-09, 02:04 AM
I am thinking a 3.2L with a proper intake, exhaust headers, catless system, chip and a Police Diff and you will have yourself a solid performer capable of 230-250hp... and a stick for you to stir your own fun....

Man... too many things I wanna do to my car...

I am thinking for a little more $$$(maybe $1500 more) you could have yourself a LS2/T-56 out of a late model Pontiac GTO installed in your car. 400hp/400lbft torque at the flywheel sounds awfully nice. You'd probably run high 12's with that combo, assuming you could get the rear tires to stick without grenading the rear end.

Black02SLPSS
09-12-09, 11:17 PM
I am thinking for a little more $$$(maybe $1500 more) you could have yourself a LS2/T-56 out of a late model Pontiac GTO installed in your car. 400hp/400lbft torque at the flywheel sounds awfully nice. You'd probably run high 12's with that combo, assuming you could get the rear tires to stick without grenading the rear end.

Firstly i would be very suprised if anyone will ever complete this swap on their own, since i have seen a number of threads of people who either start it or are just researching such a feat. Secondly i would also be suprised if someone that has accomplished this swap actually got the car into the 12s, since the catera is heavier than a GTO, and i personally have not seen anyone with a 05+ GTO get it into the 12s being relativly stock. Not saying it cant be done, because im sure there is someone out there that can drive the wheels off that car well enough to get it into the 12s. But if there was someone that pulled off this swap that would make the catera a whole hell of a lot of fun, and it would be ALOT easier to get more power out of that engine combo.

CateraMV6
09-13-09, 08:59 AM
Biggest problem that people will encounter is the ECU... and the wiring. Lingenfelter had access to the ECU programing and mapping etc and wit help of GM engineers he was able to get everything to sink, most of the folks out there doing this swap will have a night mare trying to get gauges and other systems in the vehicle to work.

I am quite happy with the power of my car, and I think a manual transmission will make it quite a bit more fun to drive... which is why I think a 3.2L Manual with a few mods will make it worth while in my book

Black02SLPSS
09-13-09, 07:30 PM
As far as exhaust goes, were you thinking about doing shorty headers, or longtubes? And if you did i assume you would need to go custom correct?

Warez
09-13-09, 11:30 PM
Firstly i would be very suprised if anyone will ever complete this swap on their own, since i have seen a number of threads of people who either start it or are just researching such a feat. Secondly i would also be suprised if someone that has accomplished this swap actually got the car into the 12s, since the catera is heavier than a GTO, and i personally have not seen anyone with a 05+ GTO get it into the 12s being relativly stock. Not saying it cant be done, because im sure there is someone out there that can drive the wheels off that car well enough to get it into the 12s. But if there was someone that pulled off this swap that would make the catera a whole hell of a lot of fun, and it would be ALOT easier to get more power out of that engine combo.

The V8 conversion with the GM V8 parts is fairly straight forward. Without the parts there will be lots of fabrication involved.

The Catera weighs 3800 lbs, it's not too difficult to get into the 12's. GTO's though lighter do it quite easily.

Warez
09-13-09, 11:35 PM
Biggest problem that people will encounter is the ECU... and the wiring. Lingenfelter had access to the ECU programing and mapping etc and wit help of GM engineers he was able to get everything to sink, most of the folks out there doing this swap will have a night mare trying to get gauges and other systems in the vehicle to work.

The factory V8 Omega used a standard V8 LS1 PCM, as did Lingenfelter. Aftermarket tuning software has been available for many years now. The factory harnesses are also nearly stand alone, all that I'll have to integrate into the Catera are the fuel pump relay, fan, relays and some other small things.

CateraMV6
09-14-09, 11:56 AM
The factory V8 Omega used a standard V8 LS1 PCM, as did Lingenfelter. Aftermarket tuning software has been available for many years now. The factory harnesses are also nearly stand alone, all that I'll have to integrate into the Catera are the fuel pump relay, fan, relays and some other small things.

Shoot Fried an email, he is the owner of the Catera-V (w/ the C5R engine), I think he will be more then happy to tell you all about the install of that engine in his car and the numerous months that his friends spent on the wiring to try to make everything work... not impossible but will take some time figuring it out.