: Brake pads replacement cost?

evolvah
09-10-09, 11:46 PM
I'm trying to get a feel of a long-term maintenance cost of a CTS-V. How big are the figures for scheduled maintenance? Also, how much is, let's say, replacement of all brake pads?

Thanks!
/Sergey

cmicasa
09-11-09, 01:50 PM
I'm trying to get a feel of a long-term maintenance cost of a CTS-V. How big are the figures for scheduled maintenance? Also, how much is, let's say, replacement of all brake pads?

Thanks!
/Sergey

Don;t kno.. but can't wait for aftermarket to come out with LOW DUST brake pads for the car. Seriously.. it's my only complaint. My boy's M6 is the same damn way. Its crazy:confused:

Silver -V-
09-11-09, 03:16 PM
I just ordered new Hawk pads for my car. Low dust and good stopping power compared to the factory pads. They cost $134 delivered for the fronts.

nradcad
09-11-09, 07:34 PM
I just ordered new Hawk pads for my car. Low dust and good stopping power compared to the factory pads. They cost $134 delivered for the fronts.

Did you just upgrade the pads in the front? If so, that can have seriously negative implications on brake balance.

cmicasa
09-11-09, 08:46 PM

From where.. and did they have the REAR too???

Silver -V-
09-13-09, 01:07 PM
The rears are not available yet. I ordered them through Auto Anything. As far as replacing fronts and rears, there isn't an issue with the Hawk HPS pads. The Brembo pad is very similiar, and works well with the Hawk fronts. I have tracked and raced this combination on several different cars over the years.