: Bluetooth question

jwall09
09-09-09, 10:12 PM
I finally got my Nav DVD and spent time playing with it and setting up both my and my wifes cell phones. Question, can you dial out while driving from the nav screen? if not how do you place outbound calls using the hands free?

inurok
09-09-09, 10:33 PM
I finally got my Nav DVD and spent time playing with it and setting up both my and my wifes cell phones. Question, can you dial out while driving from the nav screen? if not how do you place outbound calls using the hands free?

Unfortunatly you cant dial out on the nav screen while driving but you can dial out using voice commands.

thefred
09-13-09, 12:52 PM
Unfortunatly you cant dial out on the nav screen while driving but you can dial out using voice commands.

True, unless you get a lockpick from tomm. See his thread over in STS.

jwall09
09-14-09, 09:37 PM
Also, do you have to connect to phone every time you get in the car? Cant it just automatically find it?

dhemrick
09-14-09, 09:57 PM
Also, do you have to connect to phone every time you get in the car? Cant it just automatically find it?

It will indeed connect every time as long as you set that phone as the default on the bluetooth config screen. To set it as a default, select the phone that you want to automatically connect, then touch the default button.

You will know it is selected as the default if the phone entry is underlined.

ssstealth
09-14-09, 11:36 PM
I always thought it was puzzling that Cadillac advertised this feature. They made a point of showing the cell phone going into the glovebox. SO... For safety, instead of pushing a couple touch screen buttons, they want you to reach across, open the glovebox, search for your phone, get it out, and then dial a number from that...

55cadillacking
09-15-09, 02:06 AM
To set it as a default, select the phone that you want to automatically connect, then touch the default button.
Can't wait to try this! Thanks.

md04srx
09-15-09, 11:44 AM
I was wondering the same thing about auto-connecting the bluetooth. One would have thought I would've taken 5 minutes to look in the manual instead of waiting around until now....oh well, I will try next time I am out in the car. Thanks for the heads up!

CHARLIE B
09-21-09, 03:21 PM
HE GUYS WHATS UP HOWS EVERYBODY DOIN ANYHOW I JUST WANTED TO SHARE SOMETHING WITH YOU GUYS I DID HAVE That system but like you said i hated having to use my phone to dial out i mean it is handsfree right so i remembered that one time i used my bosses car to make a run and he had a system that appearently downloaded the phone book and the voice commands actually worked no need to repeat time and time again so he gave me the companies num they installed i have been happy with it since not to mention the music streaming and it would read my text messages to me fair price my radio mutes i talk i hang up music starts. i will upload pics when i get home BFTSYNC is there name