: Dynoed my V with Corsas today--471 whp and 463 lb-ft

neuronbob
09-09-09, 07:53 PM
I dyno'd my V2 on the Dynojet at Back Street Performance in Medina, OH today. The best pull was 471 whp and 463 lb-ft. :thumbsup: I will post the dyno sheet in a couple of hours or so. Here's the video of the run, which illustrates slow and fast acceleration with the Corsa Touring axleback exhaust. It had 5300 miles at the time of the dyno.

I have no idea where to go from here with mods. I'm so scared of GM finding out about a tune that I'm going to hold off on doing anything major. I think I'm most likely to do nothing else. If I do something else, it will be the open-bottom airbox mod or CAI (dealer sez CAIs are OK), no tune as the ECU will likely adjust itself for airflow, and I'll be done with it.

YouTube - 2009 CTS-V with Corsa Touring axleback exhaust on dyno

4gear70
09-09-09, 08:26 PM
Nice numbers! and great sounding exhaust as well!! :)

Gary Wells
09-09-09, 08:31 PM
Auto, correct, what were the RWHP & RWTQ #'s with the stock exhaust?
I, too, am unsure what I will do in the way of mods.

NeedCTS-v
09-09-09, 10:11 PM
Nice!

neuronbob
09-09-09, 10:12 PM
My car is automatic.

Unfortunately, I was unable to obtain pre-exhaust dyno values. My 10-12-hour workdays ensured that. I was able to do this dyno mostly because I took this week off. :)

Mikevette
09-09-09, 10:19 PM
Is your V bone stock? Great #'s!!! I was doing the math with 18% loss going thru drive line w/auto = 456 ish RWHP! 471 is awesome, now if you install a replacement ECU with a mail order tune from W4M would like to know how much you will pick up? Maybe Jess can add some insite on my question or anybody V owner has done so? I'm on the bubble to just what I mentioned.

Mike P.

neuronbob
09-09-09, 11:06 PM
My V is bone stock other than the Corsas.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: 75 degrees, 50% humidity, 29.4 mmHg.

Here's the dyno sheet with AF ratio:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6742/ctsvdyno090909.jpg

nc09v2
09-10-09, 07:42 PM
Frank,

Those are excellent numbers, and your car sounds very nice on the video with those Corsas.

Like you, I'm not overly motivated to mod mine, I was getting ready to do a W4M exhaust and the airbox cutout, but I took it out on our 1st cool day here today, and it's so darn fast as is that I'm inclined to leave well enough alone. My only mod is the W4M tune, like yours mine is auto; I might even do the Corsas if they wern't so ridiculously expensive.

GM built us some seriously powerful and fast cars out of the box.