: Corsa Muffler Setup? AZ-V's?

09BlackV
09-07-09, 06:59 PM
Has anyone installed the Corsa Muffler kit on their 09 CTS-V? What do they think of the performance? Sound? and if they are satisfied or not? Also=, anyone know a shop in AZ that works on/tunes 09 V's? Thanks all

neuronbob
09-07-09, 07:20 PM
Here's my (badly edited) video of a comparo between stock and Corsas.

YouTube - 2009 CTS-V stock exhaust vs. Corsa axleback exhaust

HTH!

09BlackV
09-07-09, 07:27 PM
Also please let me know if you have the Sport or Touring model exhaust from Corsa. Thanks again!

neuronbob
09-07-09, 07:31 PM
I have whatever the first one out was, I assume the Touring model. I haven't seen anyone on the forums here yet with the Sport model.

allklr
09-07-09, 10:35 PM
nice video!

wfo
09-08-09, 07:29 AM
Nicely done..much appreciated too.

caddiedrummer
09-08-09, 07:54 AM
I have had both. If the first was touring I had that and found it too quiet. I think it was because I am a long time customer and raised a considerable concern that they came out with version 2 (to their credit--they could have just said tough luck but Corsa is customer friendly)

The second version (sport? the ones on my Vipers are called Track and are awesome) is better for me and has gotten better with more mileage.

zman1
09-08-09, 02:10 PM
well geez.......I was one of the first ones to get the Corsa and I would like it to sound more aggressive. i didn't know they came out with the sport. Do you guys think they would let me exchange them?? there in only about 1,000 miles on them....what are your thoughts??

neuronbob
09-08-09, 03:25 PM
Hey caddiedrummer, could you post a sound clip, or better yet, a comparo like I did with stock vs. Sport? I actually like the version I have, it's pretty quiet when I'm not getting on the gas, and when I wish that entertaining sound on acceleration, it does the job handily.

caddiedrummer
09-08-09, 03:37 PM
Hey caddiedrummer, could you post a sound clip, or better yet, a comparo like I did with stock vs. Sport? I actually like the version I have, it's pretty quiet when I'm not getting on the gas, and when I wish that entertaining sound on acceleration, it does the job handily.

anonfrank--when my kids go off to college I am hopeless doing anything near that technical. Not that it helps, but I will descibe differences in the 2 systems.

The first V Corsa exhaust to me was way too mild on start up but I was used to the 3 Corsa systems I have on Vipers and one on a Vette so not a fair comparison to a daily driver sedan. I told the Corsa folks what I was looking for and they got another V and developed a 2nd system in about 3 weeks.

Now on a start up it is very throaty and has a nice rumble and like the 1st system has gotten better with milage. It is still a muffler only set up.

It is still pretty quiet in the car but louder than the first system. My Viper tech did both installs and he noticed a marked difference.(better) It is even getting a little burble (backfire) like my Vipers.

If you are reasonably happy with the first system I don't know that you will be much happier with the second.

09BlackV
09-08-09, 04:38 PM
thanks caddierummer, so basically the second "Sport" Corsa muffler setup sounds more aggressive upon start up and when you punch the throttle? Does anyone have sound clips for the sport model Corsa muffler on a 09 CTS-V???? Thanks again,

09BlackV
09-08-09, 04:48 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the second muffler Corsa came out for the 09 V's?
Here are the model #'s from the website, anybody have any more info or experience? Or think there is a better setup out there?

# 14940 TOURING - 2009 CTS-V Dual Rear Exit w/ Single 4.0" Pro-Series Tips
vs
# 14941 SPORT - 2009 CTS-V Dual Rear Exit w/ Single 4.0" Pro-Series Tips

vs any others??

Thanks, E

neuronbob
09-08-09, 06:13 PM
anonfrank--when my kids go off to college I am hopeless doing anything near that technical. Not that it helps, but I will descibe differences in the 2 systems.

The first V Corsa exhaust to me was way too mild on start up but I was used to the 3 Corsa systems I have on Vipers and one on a Vette so not a fair comparison to a daily driver sedan. Now on a start up it is very throaty and has a nice rumble and like the 1st system has gotten better with milage. It is still a muffler only set up.

It is still pretty quiet in the car but louder than the first system. My Viper tech did both installs and he noticed a marked difference.(better) It is even getting a little burble (backfire) like my Vipers.

If you are reasonably happy with the first system I don't know that you will be much happier with the second.

Thanks for the comparo. It sounds like the complaints of other posters here with the Touring system have been addressed. I think you're right, based on what you're saying, I think I'll be happy with the Touring. This is my daily driver "Grand Touring" vehicle, and I prefer the sound I've got.

I told the Corsa folks what I was looking for and they got another V and developed a 2nd system in about 3 weeks.

Now that the Sport exhaust appears to have been released, I can tell you that my V was the one that the Sport exhaust was tested on. I live on the opposite side of the Cleveland area from the Corsa headquarters. As a Honda guy, I was totally unaware of this fact until I was approached with the possibility of helping out. I was really happy to have met a couple of car geeks like the two Jims. Glad to have helped my fellow V owners!

Nutz
09-08-09, 08:46 PM
Forum member chris1268's car. The 1st to receive Sport. Both Tour and Sport were R&D'd on this car.

aSk3_LjlW8U

Ross Racing
09-08-09, 08:54 PM
I ordered the sport from D3 and hope to get it this week or early next. It would have made me sad to have a quiet aftermarket exhaust. I will post up my thoughts when I get it on.

Nutz
09-08-09, 09:19 PM
I have whatever the first one out was, I assume the Touring model. I haven't seen anyone on the forums here yet with the Sport model.You have a PRODUCTION set of the R&D Touring's (I believe, based on what I heard at my car show). Your car was used to show some GM brass the quality and simplicity of work involved in an axle-back changeout to invite dealers to distribute. :thumbsup:

Titaniumseeker
09-08-09, 09:44 PM
What? They have a sport model now? I wish I new that sooner. Well, I just had the Kooks headers with hi-flow cats and mid-pipes installed and now my Corsas sound awesome! And they look good too....

PSRmark
09-08-09, 10:16 PM
I personally love the sound of the Corsa's w/ the Kooks set up...

just an FYI...my shop is located in Phx and we are an Authorized Kooks dealer.

09BlackV
09-08-09, 10:41 PM
thanks PSRmark, can I have your shops info?

09BlackV
09-08-09, 10:43 PM
Can't wait to hear the results ROSS, thanks

PSRmark
09-09-09, 12:56 PM
Call me at the shop M-F from 9-6 the number here is 602-269-8955

-Mark

neuronbob
09-09-09, 02:29 PM
You have a PRODUCTION set of the R&D Touring's (I believe, based on what I heard at my car show). Your car was used to show some GM brass the quality and simplicity of work involved in an axle-back changeout to invite dealers to distribute. :thumbsup:

They indicated at the time they did some testing on my car as well. :) You are right, the set I have is the production Touring. :thumbsup:

I had my car on the dyno today at Back Street Performance. I'll have a video up later tonight with more exhaust sounds from the Touring exhaust. :) Sounds great. Got 471 whp/463 lb-ft....but that's for another thread.

Hopefully someone will put up a clip of the Sport exhaust.

MSJ
09-09-09, 04:43 PM
09BlackV, where in AZ are you? I've used Corsa before and they have absolute stunning fit and finish. On my last 3 C5's , 2 C6's and 05 CTS-V I have used B&B as they have a bit deeper, more aggressive sound to me. I just picked up a Black 09 V myself (let the wheel clicking begin..lol) B&B is in Phoenix. I was going to call them and see if they had something available yet. If my set gets produced and you're nearby you're welcome to install them on yours before they ship to me. I'm sure they'd love to get some sound bytes and video.

here's a sound clip of B&B's on my 2008 LS3 corvette at the dragstrip:

YouTube - MSJ Fayetteville Aug 09

That's a red 08 vette with stock exhaust I'm racing and you can't even hear it..lol

Also, I'm in the black 08 Vette (777) in this clip at a porsche event and you can hear the B&B's wailing down the front stretch

YouTube - Mike VIR September 20, 2008 Vette w music

cheers! mike

MSJ
09-10-09, 12:11 AM
here's a nice comparo from one of our board sponsors of a stock V vs a corsa sport system

enjoy!

YouTube - 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Corsa Exhaust System Upgrade by D3 Cadillac

zr1vet
09-22-09, 07:51 AM
RR,
Have you gotten the sport Corsa exhaust installed yet?

Ross Racing
09-22-09, 10:38 AM
I am still waiting. Next week hopefully. Corsa needs to keep some in stock. Starting to get irritated.

09BlackV
09-26-09, 06:41 PM
Can't wait to see the results,
also, how much are you paying if you don't mind saying? I've seen a few on ebay too, thanks for the update RR

Ross Racing
09-28-09, 12:40 AM
I am paying msrp. Corsa claimed it would take 1-2 weeks, and its been over 4.

lmcgrew79
12-10-09, 12:10 AM
Just had corsa sports put on today..they sound alot more noticable than the stock exhausts, u can actually tell what gear your running..there is some backfiring going on when slowing down..nice gurgling sound going on...one think ive notices is quit a loud whistle from about 4500 -6000 rpm....kinda sounds like a turbo or something..never have heard it before....is everyone else getting this sound?

cbloveday
12-10-09, 06:09 AM
I hear it and it is the supercharger whine. I have the corsa sport. Been on the car for just under 1,000 miles. Very pleased with the sound.

Here is my Corsa Sport on a cold startup. Exhaust is stock, corsa forward.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/th_corsacoldstart.jpg (http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/?action=view&current=corsacoldstart.flv)

Mike 09 V
12-10-09, 10:19 AM
PSRMARK works at a shop in Phoenix that does caddy tunes. You could PM him.

CoOlSlY
12-10-09, 02:53 PM
We should make a group buy...

CoOlSlY
12-13-09, 05:32 PM
Anybody have the instructions on how to install the axleback and also, does it involves cutting...?

cbloveday
12-13-09, 07:17 PM
Yes and Yes. You make a cut on each pipe. I was going to provide the link to their installation instructions but it appears the pdf is not opening from their site.
It is pretty straight forward but you will need a pipe cutting tool. If you contact corsa, they should be able to send you a pdf. I am unable to until I can scan it tomorrow night.

CoOlSlY
12-13-09, 07:20 PM
Yes and Yes. You make a cut on each pipe. I was going to provide the link to their installation instructions but it appears the pdf is not opening from their site.
It is pretty straight forward but you will need a pipe cutting tool. If you contact corsa, they should be able to send you a pdf. I am unable to until I can scan it tomorrow night.

I've checked on their site and what is available are instructions for the whole catback system not just the axleback but was figuring out there was cutting involved!

cbloveday
12-13-09, 07:44 PM
So do you still need the instructions? If so, pm me with your email.

cavemantrader
12-13-09, 11:30 PM
Anyone in the Houston area with the Corsa? I'm interested but I need to hear one in person.

Thanks,
Dave

cbloveday
12-14-09, 12:02 AM
coolsly,

I just sent you the email. Here are the installation instructions for those that are interested.

It took my muffler guy all of 30 mintes to perfectly install.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/CorsaInstallationPage11.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/CorsaInstallationPage21.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/CorsaInstallationPage31.jpg

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x99/cbloveday_bucket/CorsaInstallationPage41.jpg

zyx5432
12-14-09, 09:55 AM
A second request for anyone in Houston. I would love to hear this in person.

Krug Ford
12-14-09, 11:14 AM
I like the Corsa's

PSRmark
12-14-09, 12:28 PM
For those that may not be aware, the Corsa's are a direct bolt up to the Kooks header system with no modification.

Just in case any of you were thinking about doing both systems.

cbloveday
12-14-09, 02:44 PM
I assume that I could still buy the kooks header system and bolt up my corsas, correct? The stock pipe was cut, not the corsas.

PSRmark
12-14-09, 05:31 PM
I assume that I could still buy the kooks header system and bolt up my corsas, correct? The stock pipe was cut, not the corsas.

That is correct.

Contact me if you are interested in the Kooks setup.