: 2 week owner w/new noises

Vedder
07-27-04, 10:29 PM
two noises i need help figuring out.

1. between 2100-2400 RPM's I hear a very faint noise coming from my dash in front of me. It sounds its a sound that is inconsistant increasing then as I pull out of this RPM range it fades into a wet bubble sounding noise. It's hard to describe but it's very apparent with radio down.... it sounds like a very faint woooooooo...Booop.....coming out of this RPM range

2. at about 40-44 mpr. I hear a noise that sounds like a tire in the rear needs to be rotated.... but the noise seems to come from underneath the car by the back seat?

any experiences?? :disappoin

cadillac04
07-27-04, 11:52 PM
Go to www.cadillacfaq.com for the noise between 2100-2400rpms. Look for problems and issues. You'll find the answer there as singing noise from dash area. Or use the search tab on this this forum enter the words-Solved by a Field Engineer- and the same info is posted here . I had the problem and it was solved after much persistence.

wildwhl
07-28-04, 12:01 AM
two noises i need help figuring out.

1. between 2100-2400 RPM's I hear a very faint noise coming from my dash in front of me. It sounds its a sound that is inconsistant increasing then as I pull out of this RPM range it fades into a wet bubble sounding noise. It's hard to describe but it's very apparent with radio down.... it sounds like a very faint woooooooo...Booop.....coming out of this RPM range

2. at about 40-44 mpr. I hear a noise that sounds like a tire in the rear needs to be rotated.... but the noise seems to come from underneath the car by the back seat?

any experiences?? :disappoin

Vedder -

Read the sticky on blown rearends...is it a whine? Better get it checked out!

07-29-04, 10:13 AM
Regarding #1 the faq seems to describe and solve it, and I have the exact same noise. However mine is so subtle that I will live with it. Regarding the rear tire noise.....well that could be the infamous rearend whine.......

dhg