: Need "Best cat" backs 09 V

cbloveday
09-05-09, 12:09 PM
Need to know which exhaust sounds the best, no drone, and uses OEM hangers. Also which vendor should I contact?

Also, for some more HP who should I consult? I am considering the Lingenfelter pulley, snout polishing/porting, tune package for 630 hp.
http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-packages/cadillac/cadillac-cts-v-lsa-2009/378-cid-lsa-supercharger-pulley-upgrade-2009

I linve in Illinois and prefer to stay with my car or do it through the mail and have dealership do the install.

I am hoping that your help will ensure I buy the right stuff the first time.

Thanks in advance

GM-4-LIFE
09-05-09, 03:59 PM
PM Sent!

Thanks!

SG

nradcad
09-05-09, 04:55 PM
I would also like to know what opinions are on the best car back exhausts. So what's the deal with warrantees and say that Lingenfelter package that the dealer would install. Doesn't seem likely any failure would be covered?

chopmeat
09-05-09, 09:06 PM
I did the Lingenfelter package and there is no warranty.
I also did more work at The Vette Doctors.

Personally, I think the BEST sound is long tube headers high flow cats and stock exhaust left on!!!

nradcad
09-06-09, 02:10 PM
I did the Lingenfelter package and there is no warranty.
I also did more work at The Vette Doctors.

Personally, I think the BEST sound is long tube headers high flow cats and stock exhaust left on!!!

So if you install one of these packages, you're on your own?

chopmeat
09-06-09, 06:29 PM
Well, pretty much, yeah!
I can go to the Vette Doctors anytime. They're close and I know them.
As far as Cadillac goes, yeah it'll most likely void your warranty.
But I tip my long time service guy at the dealer and get what I need.

wait4me
09-07-09, 11:30 AM
CB If you are in the market for mods, You should consider the lower pulley stuff instead, A 9.5 lower and cold air/ partial exhaust really wakes up your car. You can call me on monday if you want more information. Im alot cheaper on labor than most shops and have done quite a few of them in person. We normally port the intake and install a solid isolator if requested also and port the throttlebodies.

Usually we just do them on the weekends. So you wouldnt miss any work.

We can do the upper pulleys also, our price installed is $850 including the pulley.

cbloveday
09-07-09, 01:10 PM
CB If you are in the market for mods, You should consider the lower pulley stuff instead, A 9.5 lower and cold air/ partial exhaust really wakes up your car. You can call me on monday if you want more information. Im alot cheaper on labor than most shops and have done quite a few of them in person. We normally port the intake and install a solid isolator if requested also and port the throttlebodies.

Usually we just do them on the weekends. So you wouldnt miss any work.

We can do the upper pulleys also, our price installed is $850 including the pulley.

I will give you a call.

cbloveday
09-08-09, 11:55 AM
Jess,
I called and your mailbox is full and could not leave a message. I PMd you my phone #

wait4me
09-08-09, 12:37 PM
I talked to you already today right? Sorry the phones have been crazy today. If not, please call back, im here all day. :) thanks

Dr. Design
09-08-09, 01:03 PM
Hello,
Here is a video that has the stock vs. aftermarket Corsa system installed.
YouTube - 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Corsa Exhaust System Upgrade by D3 Cadillac

The Corsa exhaust installed with the Kooks headers and X-pipe will sound like this - YouTube - 09 CTS V Stage 1.5 Walk Around by D3 Cadillac

And then there is the AR headers, x-pipe, and Corsa mufflers with lower pulley upgrade - YouTube - 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Dyno Run 600+WHP!!! by D3 Cadillac

If you are looking for the other power adders, we have some of the following items available:
Air Intake System with integrated heat shield
SFI Approved Harmonic Balancer and Pulley

Both of the aforementioned items are built specifically for the 09 CTS-V. The balancer was built off of the same blueprints per the factory specs to ensure all the tolerances are kept in check. Also it weights 5 lbs. less than the factory pulley by removing excess material without compromising the integrity of the balancer through stress analysis testing in CAD. Install is about 6 hours and gains are verified at 3 psi (stick or auto).
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r134/ctd3rnd/09CTSV_Pulley_Intro_001.jpg

If you are looking for the right stuff, give us a call. We focus only on Cadillac's and we have been tuning Cadillac's for quite some time and take our time to properly engineer our products to ensure they earn the right to go on your Cadillac. We do have MANY Cadillac dealerships that we work with and they will order products for their customers quite often. When they install quality products they usually don't have many issues.

Let us know if there are any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Need to know which exhaust sounds the best, no drone, and uses OEM hangers. Also which vendor should I contact?

Also, for some more HP who should I consult? I am considering the Lingenfelter pulley, snout polishing/porting, tune package for 630 hp.
http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-packages/cadillac/cadillac-cts-v-lsa-2009/378-cid-lsa-supercharger-pulley-upgrade-2009

I linve in Illinois and prefer to stay with my car or do it through the mail and have dealership do the install.

I am hoping that your help will ensure I buy the right stuff the first time.

Thanks in advance