: 12 disk cd changer in a 99 cadillac deville?

rlphbgby
09-05-09, 12:52 AM
I was wanting to know if a JVC-Ch-x350 12 disk cd changer will plug stright up to a 99 deville? Or will I have to buy some part to hook it up? Need to know if I need to buy anything extra to hook it up cus I can get the changer for a steal.

keelerdr
12-29-09, 02:09 PM
I think you will have a hard time wiring it up to work w/the factory wiring harness and it would involve splicing the wires rather than plug and play. The easiest way would be to use an FM modulator. The CD player would mount in the trunk and run a wire up to the stock headunit. This would plug into the antenna jack on the back of the stock headunit (prob needing an adapter). I have a 10 disc sony changer in the trunk w/a dash mounted controler for it. To listen to CD's you turn on the CD player and go to 88.3 on the FM radio (you can change it to a different # if needed when you install it). Its not as good as an OEM changer but its relatively easy and cheap. There are some other threads that give you more details...hope this helps

N*Caddy
12-30-09, 11:39 PM
Or you can spend ~$50-$80 on a OEM used (but perfect working condition) CD Changer witch will plug right up and work out of the box no compromises.

keelerdr
01-04-10, 04:57 PM
Or you can spend ~$50-$80 on a OEM used (but perfect working condition) CD Changer witch will plug right up and work out of the box no compromises.

Where is the easiest place to get an OEM changer from? Ebay? I don't know the part # for a 97 deville changer but I think multiple changers would work right as long as they are from similar yr caddys :hmm:

:bang2:After learning how easy it is to plug + play an OEM changer, I recommend going with one of those rather than the FM modulator route....

MWA
01-04-10, 09:19 PM
You are correct...got my 12 disc trunk-mount off of EBay and ordered a mounting bracket from GMParts Direct.com. (PN3545633 for the bracket) Pigtail location under carpet near the antenna with a jumper in it. Picked up a couple of capscrews and the mounting boss is located again under the right side carpet. Slit holes in the carpet, mount the bracket and screw the player to the bracket. It is plug and play and the radio recognizes the unit if it is OEM. Two wrinkles: hold the select button down longer to get to the last six CD's...ie push #1 button longer and it goes to #7 disc- also, insert the CD's face down into the magazine. Face up gets an err message. My unit has operated flawlessly for seven years....Good Luck and enjoy!

paulikorg
01-30-10, 01:11 PM
Hi Friends,

I have a 1997 Seville with a wiring harness factory installed in
the trunk.What model changer would I be looking for on EBAY?
is it a Pioneer changer?

Thanks
Pauli

email pzkeys@frontiernet.net

MWA
01-31-10, 10:16 AM
This changer/with detachable magazine was used on many GM models. N*'s response on the Eldo section to your question was entirely correct. It was the response with a picture complete with attached bracket. Pioneer was the mfg for Delco. I think my PN for the unit was: 25708970

jpix
06-26-10, 11:12 PM
bump