: Center Console AUX power source

slk230mb
09-04-09, 09:35 PM
I've had my Sirius tuner plugged into this for the better part of 4 years, mostly without issue. All of a sudden, for the second time, it keeps blowing the fuse constantly. I replace the fuse, turn on the tuner and it blows again. I've replaced the fuse in the power adapter for the tuner, and even used my spare power adapter with the same effect. The last time this happened, I just kept changing the fuse, and it stopped for about 3 years.

Any ideas on what I should look for or check?

Back2Basic (B2B)
09-06-09, 05:10 PM
I've had my Sirius tuner plugged into this for the better part of 4 years, mostly without issue. All of a sudden, for the second time, it keeps blowing the fuse constantly. I replace the fuse, turn on the tuner and it blows again. I've replaced the fuse in the power adapter for the tuner, and even used my spare power adapter with the same effect. The last time this happened, I just kept changing the fuse, and it stopped for about 3 years.

Any ideas on what I should look for or check?

Hey Slk,
Could it be the Sirus Tuner itself that may the problem? It's possible that something in it is trying to draw more current than what the AUX power plug can put out, thus blowing the fuse?
Have you tried connecting something else in to the AUX power plug to see it continues to blow the fuse?

Let us know,
B2B

slk230mb
09-07-09, 12:35 PM
The tuner works fine in other AUX power sources in my truck, and it other cars. It's something related to the AUX power source in the center console. I think I might look for a new socket and replace it.

Back2Basic (B2B)
09-07-09, 05:57 PM
The tuner works fine in other AUX power sources in my truck, and it other cars. It's something related to the AUX power source in the center console. I think I might look for a new socket and replace it.

Sounds like you have done "the process of elimination". I guess replacing the socket is all that's left to do.

Let us know how it turns out.

B2B