: Dallas area Track Day and get together

Silver -V-
09-04-09, 05:56 PM
Dallas area V Owners -

We are planning another get together around a track day. This time, we are meeting and running our cars at a one day program at Eagles Canyon raceway. This track is close to Dallas and Ft. Worth, and is known as a very fun track for higher torque motor cars. It has been called the Corvette track, and we need to change the name to Cadillac track.

The program is put on by Eagles Canyon themselves, and includes classroom instruction, in-car instructors and training. This is a great way to learn about your car in a very safe environment for you and your car. If you are like the others in the area who track our cars and then drive them home and to work the next day, you will have a very good time.

For those who want to bring your cars and watch, you are invited out as well, but you will get a whole lot more enjoyment of actually learning to drive your car on a track with the rest of us Cadillac owners. We have asked a local dealership to sponsor lunch for the Cadillac group, and offer Raffle prizes like Oil Changes and service discounts. We hope to have the same turnout we had at Cadillac Ranch in June and the Cars and Coffee meet in August.

The info is as follows:

Date - Sep. 26
Time - 7:00 - approx. 5:00, or whenever you are done driving for the day
Where - Eagles Canyon Raceway - Slidell TX - http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/facilities.php

How - Sign up ASAP with Eagles Canyon. -

Step 1 - Complete Application:

ECR Track Days Application Form as attached the the web site for Eagles Canyon or download from : http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/ecrtd.php

Step 2 - Complete Safety Tech Form (Auto):

ECR CAR Safety Inspection Form

Step 3 - E-mail or Fax Completed Forms:

Toll Free Fax: (866) 635-2395
registration@eaglescanyon.com

Step 4 - If Application was E-mailed, Call To Provide Credit Card Payment Info:

(940) 466-9775

This should be a great time with good weather, and a near by facility. Feel free to PM me or E Mail me with any questions, and I hope you can make it out to the track.

wfo
09-05-09, 09:27 AM
Now this sounds cool. I think I'll be there..thanks, Brad for the post. Looking forward to meeting other V owners.

SlvrBullIT
09-05-09, 10:22 AM
What's the cost?

Kmajecki
09-05-09, 12:07 PM
This is the standard pricing listed on their site, not sure if they are doing any special pricing for V owners... Oh and you'll prob need a helmet. Last time i went they didnt have any for rent although that may have changed since February.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r246/Kmajecki/fees.jpg

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/ecrtd.php

synergy408
09-06-09, 02:24 AM
Wish I could go Brad...two problems 1) no V just a wannabee and 2) just a little too far from California :)

Have fun!

CIWS
09-06-09, 10:23 AM
Just picked up some hospital/doctor bills, so no fun money for me till those are paid. :(

stealthjr
09-06-09, 09:18 PM
Figures...the same day as my 11 year anniversary! The good news is, my wife may be fine with it! :cool2: I'll take her out that night or Friday night instead and give her 30 seconds of "thunder" as a bonus gift if she is cool with me going to the track! :histeric: Hey, am I a giver or what? :devil:

Robert

Silver -V-
09-08-09, 10:38 AM
Robert - Your wife was just nominated for sainthood!

stealthjr
09-08-09, 04:04 PM
Robert - Your wife was just nominated for sainthood!

Well...the Warden has given me a "get out of Jail" free card for this day and it looks like I will be good to go! :D

I'll sign up this week some time and I look forward to passing...err I mean seeing everyone out at the track! :lildevil:

See ya!

Robert

stealthjr
09-09-09, 10:38 AM
Arggghhhhh! We just just picked up our kids sports schedules and they both have games on that day and they are only one hour apart! So, as much as I want to go racing...I need to be at my kids games!

A dad's gotta do what a dad's gotta do!

Robert

Silver -V-
09-23-09, 04:04 PM
Update -

I just received an update from Eagle's Canyon - You can sleep in an extra hour. New times for this weekend - There will be a mandatory drivers meeting at 8:30am in the main building. Track will be hot at 9am. Gates will open at 7:30am. Hope to see some of you other owners there!

nradcad
09-23-09, 09:12 PM
How many miles should one have on a new V to run safe at the track?

whisler151
09-23-09, 10:40 PM

2 or more miles... :cool2:

stealthjr
09-24-09, 10:18 AM

Personally...I think 500 miles minimum to give the rear end gears, brake rotors, clutch, etc to heat cycle...break in and develop a pattern.

I took mine on the track for the first time at about 650 miles. :thumbsup:

Hope that helps!

Robert

Silver -V-
09-24-09, 10:53 AM
Stealth is right, get at least 500 miles on the car first. Allow the gears and joints to get worked in a little.

Kmajecki
09-27-09, 10:57 AM
Here's some video from the track day. It was pretty hard to just watch :(

Check out 5:10 into it when the V2 gets the Ferrari out of his way

kN6vmx8Ir6w

stealthjr
09-27-09, 11:08 AM
Sure wish I could have made it! :crybaby: It was just hard to justify since I just spend two days at the track last weekend and my anniversary and kids games were all on this day.

I'll be there next time...

Robert

whisler151
09-27-09, 11:31 AM
Nice, I hope to make it soon. That looks like so much fun!

Kmajecki
09-27-09, 12:51 PM
Some of these may still be processing

qfY_VSEY9gY

4qrD0mhA2KA

Kmajecki
09-27-09, 01:42 PM
oaNkex0YxrA

BMW Does a little yardwork about 22seconds into this quick clip
Z391VvP64JE

Kmajecki
09-27-09, 01:45 PM
Nice, I hope to make it soon. That looks like so much fun!

Next one is October 10th! :thumbsup:

Silver -V-
09-27-09, 08:11 PM
Kmajecki, thanks for the video. The track was in really great shape, but the pit and grid aeas had just been patched, with a lot of asphalt needing to be rolled down better. It is too bad you couldn't wait until the last session of the day. The V was really beginning to run well, and I ran my 5 fastest times of the day, and didn't mis too many marks or corners. I had a couple of instructors get into the car in the last group of the day and drive. They had been wondering what the big Cadillac really drove like, and they didn't want me to just keep telling them it drove great. They had grins from ear to ear after a couple of laps, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more CTS V's showing up soon!

Kmajecki
09-27-09, 10:13 PM
No prob on the vids. I had some parts to swap on the V to get her ready for sale or i would have stayed longer. Watching everyone have a blast on the track sure got me thinking though! I hear what you're saying on the pits, you could really hear all that asphalt coming off everyone's tires when they went through there. The instructors drove it or just rode along?! That's pretty cool either way, sounds like they liked it!

Silver -V-
09-28-09, 11:07 AM
I actually had the instructors drive. They had a great time. I had already packed my car with all of my things and was getting ready to head out, when they hit me up for some rides. I emptied the car, hopped in the back seat and held on! 3 full grown men in a sedan on a race track with Ferraris running around is a blast! Especially, when the Ferraris aren't really blowing past you like a full on race car should. There were 3 Ferrari Challenge cars out on the track getting some practice laps in for the end of the day. We were out there as a moving target, and having fun. As we closed down the track, the V was getting a lot of attention. Most of the instructors for Eagles Canyon are from the Maverick region PCA, and they couldn't believe a car like this didn't come from Germany. They were most impressed with the brakes, and how easy it was to drive quickly. I do need new tires now, the day really used up the Michellins!