: 05 CTS 3.6 Engine or Transmission problem

lkinnison
09-04-09, 09:57 AM
New to the forum and bought an 05 CTS in June has 67,000mi. I am having a problem and not exactly sure whatís going on. First started while driving down the highway felt like engine was losing power and would jerk about 3 times. Now car is doing this more frequently. I have kept my hand on the shifter and will not move nor can I feel shifter jerk when it happens. I now notice a clicking noise when you accelerate just after you let of the gas and will shift into the next gear. When watching the RPMís they do not move up or down when clicking or jerking happen. About as good as I can describe it. Does anyone know what might be going wrong and how much Iím looking at to get it fixed? Thanks

Bluehaze07
09-11-09, 10:14 PM
Hopefully you did not throw a rod. Check your oil level and get ur engine diag.

Robs CTS AWD
01-09-10, 10:49 PM
Have your engine scanned for a missfire; sounds like a coil pack may be on its way out.

jdzzl03
02-05-10, 11:39 AM
I had the same issue and it was throwing engine codes concerning misfires on cylinders 2, 4, and 6 and also cam shaft sensor problems. Took it in and they checked the oil, had almost no oil. Told me that because of the low oil, (obviously makes the clicking sound) but can also throw off the cam shaft sensor. As of now everything has been fixed so I would start by checking the oil.