: HID's

ESKY02
09-03-09, 08:55 PM
K guys i have done all kinds of reading and searches on this topic. I want bright but not like rice burner blue. Can someone tell me a great kit and where to get it? I would also like to do something with the brights and fogs?

Back2Basic (B2B)
09-04-09, 12:39 AM
K guys i have done all kinds of reading and searches on this topic. I want bright but not like rice burner blue. Can someone tell me a great kit and where to get it? I would also like to do something with the brights and fogs?

Hey Esky,
I just installed HID's Xenon Headlights and Fog lights kit in 8000k on my 05 Escalade ESV. Like you, I did a lot of research on HID's (pros and cons) before I bought and installed the kits myself. Both my HID bulbs and fog kits with digital ballast are made by LUMENZS, good company from what I have heard. I know you can get HID's just about anywhere these days, especially on Ebay. I bought them from a local distributor here just in case I need to use the warranty. If you have done your homework, am sure you already know that there are some cheap knock offs out there and you just have to be careful what you buy.
I have not converted my brights to HID since I don't use them very often. I may do it at a later date if I get the urge.
In my opinion, the 8000k gives you a nice white light with just enough blue tints to get you noticed. It does turn heads coming down the road. I have actually had other drivers who have slowed down and got up on side of me to give compliments. I like it because it makes a huge difference during night time driving. Here's a picture of my lade with lights on.

Good Luck,
B2B

dswanger
09-04-09, 11:05 AM
:thumbsup: I to switched to 8000K HIDs, and then adjusted my head lights on a wall to get them even and right height . I didn't want them shining in the back of someones car.
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa244/dwswanger/Cadillac/cadillaEXT039.jpg

ESKY02
09-04-09, 11:43 AM
Wow guys your lights are sweet!! Whats the part number or kit number for those. I have to have them!

GCOP
09-04-09, 11:52 AM
Wow guys your lights are sweet!! Whats the part number or kit number for those. I have to have them!

Donald (dswanger) got his HID's from me. I'd love to help you out. There is a link in my sig to the sale this month. You can also call me directly, or PM, email etc. to discuss the what you need.

ESCALADOR
09-04-09, 01:14 PM
Donald (dswanger) got his HID's from me. I'd love to help you out. There is a link in my sig to the sale this month. You can also call me directly, or PM, email etc. to discuss the what you need.

Trying to click on the link and it is not working for me. Is the site down?

GCOP
09-04-09, 02:46 PM
try this...

www.hidhouston.com

here is the forum link (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/hid-mobile/179016-new-bendor-big-sale-hids.html)

ESKY02
09-04-09, 05:47 PM
That link doesnt work for me either

GCOP
09-04-09, 07:38 PM
PM sent