: Vette Doctors CTS-V 821HP/846TQ

BLACKMAX
09-03-09, 05:54 PM
I want to thank the Vette Doctors for tuning and installing one killler package on my CTS-V. The 821/846 dyno pull was with NOS. The car without NOS made 664HP/654TQ. The car has a head and cam package with a 10% overdrive crank pulley and a 2.55 blower pulley, headers, and a cold air intake.

Jpjr
09-03-09, 06:00 PM
I want to thank the Vette Doctors for tuning and installing one killler package on my CTS-V. The 821/846 dyno pull was with NOS. The car without NOS made 664HP/654TQ. The car has a head and cam package with a 10% overdrive crank pulley and a 2.55 blower pulley, headers, and a cold air intake.

Great numbers.

Any idea what the pulley mods and tune would have done without yanking apart the motor. Usually with boosted cars the cam changes add relatively few horsepower relative to very high cost - but don't get me wrong definitely more power.

abbas
09-03-09, 06:00 PM
How much did that cost and can you keep the wheels on the ground when you stomp on the gas pedal?

brent eb02
09-03-09, 06:49 PM
great job vette drs !!!

Kenny have fun bro !

jasaero
09-03-09, 06:58 PM
Great numbers.

Any idea what the pulley mods and tune would have done without yanking apart the motor. Usually with boosted cars the cam changes add relatively few horsepower relative to very high cost - but don't get me wrong definitely more power.

This might have been done as much for aural enhancement as it was for power!! :lildevil:

Razorecko
09-03-09, 09:35 PM
Very impressive - outside the head/cam combo did you have any other motor work done like forged pistons ??

chopmeat
09-03-09, 09:55 PM
Geez!
Does the Fire Department follow you around cause that's gonna BLOW!!
Lol.
:flame:

BLACKMAX
09-03-09, 09:56 PM
Thanks Brent! Its a load of fun. Now I have to get it to the track.

Luna.
09-03-09, 10:07 PM
:jawdrop:

That is INSANE!! :thumbsup:

One question...are you still running the stock pistons??

neuronbob
09-03-09, 10:55 PM
Wow. With nawwwws that is jaw-dropping power.

whisler151
09-03-09, 11:06 PM
Amazing power. Any videos of reving? I bet its a monster!

thebigjimsho
09-03-09, 11:27 PM
Unusable power...

CadV
09-04-09, 12:41 AM
Geez!
Does the Fire Department follow you around cause that's gonna BLOW!!
Lol.
:flame:

:jawdrop:

That is INSANE!! :thumbsup:

One question...are you still running the stock pistons??

Seriously guys do you think he is retarded? That motor is bulletproof if he is juicin.

CadV
09-04-09, 12:42 AM
Unusable power...

The only thing unusable is your opinion :yup:

Florian
09-04-09, 12:52 AM
Unusable power...

thats enough threadshitting, sir.

F

BLACKMAX
09-04-09, 07:38 AM
Very impressive - outside the head/cam combo did you have any other motor work done like forged pistons ??

Yes the motor has a stock lower end. Just the heads and cam were changed.

Vrocks
09-04-09, 08:53 AM
Yes the motor has a stock lower end. Just the heads and cam were changed.
Your V must be one of fastest V's on the road - maybe the fastest. Sweet ride, if you ever get any videos of it running please post them.

I'm also interested in how well your setup will hold up. I've ordered mods that'll take me to around 650 at the crank - a 100bhp boost is at my limit for feeling comfortable on the stock motor, and I'm not planning on running it hard.

Are you trying to get your V into the 9s? I'm looking for consistently low 11's with around a 120 trap.

Razorecko
09-04-09, 10:51 AM
are you planning to run it until it 'pops' or are you gonna upgrade the pistons, etc ? I know in the beginning w4m was shooting massive amounts of nitrous through his V and he beats on it constantly and the motor is holding togethor fine...So far i'm impressed with the lsa's & drivetrain durability and would hate to be proven otherwise.

BLACKMAX
09-04-09, 11:21 AM
Your V must be one of fastest V's on the road - maybe the fastest. Sweet ride, if you ever get any videos of it running please post them.

I'm also interested in how well your setup will hold up. I've ordered mods that'll take me to around 650 at the crank - a 100bhp boost is at my limit for feeling comfortable on the stock motor, and I'm not planning on running it hard.

Are you trying to get your V into the 9s? I'm looking for consistently low 11's with around a 120 trap.

I would love to go into the 9's with this car. But I will also be happy with mid to low 10's since this is my daily driver.

BLACKMAX
09-04-09, 11:23 AM
are you planning to run it until it 'pops' or are you gonna upgrade the pistons, etc ? I know in the beginning w4m was shooting massive amounts of nitrous through his V and he beats on it constantly and the motor is holding togethor fine...So far i'm impressed with the lsa's & drivetrain durability and would hate to be proven otherwise.

I don't want it to break but if it does then I will do a forged lower end. I am more concerned about the trans and rear at that power level.

musclesbmf
09-04-09, 11:26 AM
I want to know what they did to satisfy the fuel issue over 600RWHP... the 664 number without the nitrous.

thanks,
Mark

wait4me
09-04-09, 11:28 AM
Very good numbers!

With my nitrous kit i was only hitting 730~ hp average between all the runs. I never went higher due to thinking no one would want or need to go higher. I had no problems with my kit either. It was VERY happy on the juice.

Cam and heads make a large increase in power on this motor, and help keep the needed boost levels down.

Im sure the motor will last a while on your setup. IT isnt like you are on the juice 100% of the time.
As long as the fuel supply is good, and you are not maxed out on things, the motor should last quite some time.

Besides. Most short blocks forged with a large displacement are getting VERY cheap, so when it blows, just time to make it better. ;>

1-2-N-V
09-04-09, 12:54 PM
Seriously guys do you think he is retarded? That motor is bulletproof if he is juicin.

So He rebuilt the motor too? Why not state it in the beginning when he described the Killer Package along with the heads and cam.

haterinc
09-04-09, 01:43 PM
maybe i missed this but is that an auto or man?

really nice show man... that nos hp curve is just silly lol love it

BLACKMAX
09-04-09, 05:16 PM
maybe i missed this but is that an auto or man?

really nice show man... that nos hp curve is just silly lol love it

Its an auto:halo:

Razorecko
09-04-09, 06:15 PM
Its an auto:halo:

wow- i couldnt even imagine the #'s it would put down if it was a manual ! - did you have any fuel issues or were there supporting fuel mods ? I know that Jesse was saying there were issues with fuel over 600rwhp

BLACKMAX
09-08-09, 01:35 PM
wow- i couldnt even imagine the #'s it would put down if it was a manual ! - did you have any fuel issues or were there supporting fuel mods ? I know that Jesse was saying there were issues with fuel over 600rwhp

The Guys over at the Vette Doctors have the fuel issue all sorted out. Call and speak with Carmen 631-841-0779

1-2-N-V
09-08-09, 02:40 PM
The Guys over at the Vette Doctors have the fuel issue all sorted out. Call and speak with Carmen 631-841-0779

Where are they located out of?

NeedCTS-v
09-08-09, 04:32 PM
New York

Prof
09-09-09, 04:48 AM
This is a very high risk build if the bottom end is not forged. The additional heat and pressure of that much boost requires forged pistons at a minimum, and I would add forged rods and main bearings and push rods in the process. The piston lands are the most at risk...if he starts to experience blow-by this is what is happening...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g50/rfouts/1SRT%2010/Picture006-1-1.jpg

Been there done that.

Razorecko
09-09-09, 09:57 AM
This is a very high risk build if the bottom end is not forged. The additional heat and pressure of that much boost requires forged pistons at a minimum, and I would add forged rods and main bearings and push rods in the process. The piston lands are the most at risk...if he starts to experience blow-by this is what is happening...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g50/rfouts/1SRT%2010/Picture006-1-1.jpg

Been there done that.

What kind of build have you done on the lsa/V ?

Prof
09-09-09, 10:07 AM
What kind of build have you done on the lsa/V ?

None. But I have years of experience with Viper Supercharged engines, the concept of using cast pistons in a Forced Induction environment is dicey at low levels of boost, but additional boost is just asking for trouble without doing bottom end work too.

I think the LS9 is the perfect example. With its additional boost one of the first considerations was the rods and pistons...and they remain one of the major differences between the LSA and LS9 builds...

Razorecko
09-09-09, 11:05 AM
None. But I have years of experience with Viper Supercharged engines, the concept of using cast pistons in a Forced Induction environment is dicey at low levels of boost, but additional boost is just asking for trouble without doing bottom end work too.

I think the LS9 is the perfect example. With its additional boost one of the first considerations was the rods and pistons...and they remain one of the major differences between the LSA and LS9 builds...

are the viper engines made with hypereutectic pistons ?

Prof
09-09-09, 11:26 AM
are the viper engines made with hypereutectic pistons ?

No. And who the hell in marketing developed the name hypereutectic pistons anyway? Is that anything like a push up bra?

wait4me
09-09-09, 11:44 AM
Prof, That piston was damaged from too much timing or not enough fuel. It had nothing to do with being forged or not. It looks like a Dodge V10 piston. Possibly a truck one. Too much timing / bad tuning will cause that damage under the top ring like that. Also the Detenation you where getting was making the oil on the cly wall to thin causing wear on the skit.

wait4me
09-09-09, 11:46 AM
To add, Yes a forged piston may handle more abuse to the knocking conditions, but it would still have been damaged eventually too from that same problem.

1-2-N-V
09-09-09, 02:17 PM
New York

Thanks pal, anyone have their contactinfo or website?

BLACKMAX
09-09-09, 02:59 PM
Thanks pal, anyone have their contactinfo or website?

The Vette Doctors Inc.
52 Elm Place
Amityville, NY 11701
Telephone: (631) 841-0779
Fax:
Email: Carmen Melillo or Dennis Hemmerly
Hours of Operation

* Monday thru Friday: 8 AM to 6 PM
* Saturday by appointment only

1-2-N-V
09-09-09, 03:39 PM
The Vette Doctors Inc.
52 Elm Place
Amityville, NY 11701
Telephone: (631) 841-0779
Fax:
Email: Carmen Melillo or Dennis Hemmerly
Hours of Operation

* Monday thru Friday: 8 AM to 6 PM
* Saturday by appointment only
Thanks !

Prof
09-09-09, 03:42 PM
Prof, That piston was damaged from too much timing or not enough fuel. It had nothing to do with being forged or not. It looks like a Dodge V10 piston. Possibly a truck one. Too much timing / bad tuning will cause that damage under the top ring like that. Also the Detenation you where getting was making the oil on the cly wall to thin causing wear on the skit.

It is a piston from a Viper engine running 5.6 lbs of boost. It was tuned by one of the finest tuners of Viper engines available, Sean Roe, who also developed the supercharger that was providing the boost. Literally hundreds (not an exaggerated number) of us with Vipers have solved the problem by going to forged pistons and rods (Diamond and Oliver in my case).

The Gen III Viper OEM piston dome will not dissipate heat fast enough to prevent piston land issues in a forced induction environment. The timing advance in the engine is moderated by the use of water/meth and I am now at 10 lbs of boost on the same fuel pump and fuel rails...and the same tuner.

Detonation is a function of heat and too much air or too little fuel, so yes, detonation did occur...but if the piston had been forged it probably would have weathered the issue. Heat retention in alum engines is a critical factor and needs to be managed carefully, why else would the LS9 go to Titanium rods and pistons, certainly not for the tiny weight difference?

IMO if you are going to go much beyond 10 lbs of boost, it is fool hearty to not forge the rods and pistons in an LSA...but I have never stayed in a Holiday Inn Express...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g50/rfouts/1SRT%2010/Candy3.jpg

Razorecko
09-09-09, 04:46 PM
...I would like to imagine that adding 5-11psi of boost to an na application like the v-10 would be riskier than adding a couple psi extra to an already fi engine.

Prof
09-09-09, 07:41 PM
Totally concur.

But the move into engine modification is filled with adventure, enter at your own risk...and have a ball in the process.

BLACKMAX
09-10-09, 11:44 AM
Here is some cast piston abuse!:bomb:
Video to follow

BLACKMAX
09-10-09, 11:53 AM
[quote=BLACKMAX;1999627]Here is some cast piston abuse!:bomb:
Video to follow

YouTube - VID 00012 20090910 1034

Prof
09-10-09, 12:28 PM
[quote=BLACKMAX;1999627]Here is some cast piston abuse!:bomb:
Video to follow

YouTube - VID 00012 20090910 1034 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-aqXNZAwLw)

There is nothing like 'sublimation' to thrill a cantankerous old teacher like me!

wait4me
09-10-09, 12:30 PM
LOL nice vid

Razorecko
09-10-09, 01:36 PM
lol agreed. I think its time to have spectarwerks make you some larger fenders and time for some 315/335 dr's back there.

BLACKMAX
09-10-09, 02:34 PM
lol agreed. I think its time to have spectarwerks make you some larger fenders and time for some 315/335 dr's back there.

I have a set of 305/35/18's going on a 18x10.5 Rims this weekend.

Dr. Design
09-10-09, 04:01 PM
:hmm:Somehow I think you are going to need more. =) Cool video. I feel sorry for the person that was right behind you. They are most likely still pulling bits of rubber off their front end.

Thanks,

Dr. D

brent eb02
09-12-09, 01:01 AM
kenny thats insane !!!!

Flavoade
09-12-09, 02:50 AM
If your ever in Texas, please show those Dinan Stroker guys who is #1, again.

idoitforv
09-12-09, 02:27 PM
That is utterly awesome... When's the historic quarter mile run gonna go down? I wanna see a V break into the 10's or with that setup maybe even 9's if you can hook it.

BLACKMAX
09-12-09, 03:20 PM
Thanks Brent!
I want to get to the track as soon as my rims are done getting polished for the drag radials. Hopefully the drive train will hold up for a low 10 second pass:histeric:

brent eb02
09-13-09, 02:12 AM
i think it will hold up just fine....! im thinking 130 mph trap speed easy!!!

Thanks Brent!
I want to get to the track as soon as my rims are done getting polished for the drag radials. Hopefully the drive train will hold up for a low 10 second pass:histeric:

Razorecko
09-13-09, 12:25 PM
It should be fine as long as you flush out that diff fluid alot...i'm still pissed off that gm never came through with that rear diff cooler

Luna.
09-14-09, 05:27 PM
LOL. Nice vid.

Any ride height issues you have to worry about?

brent eb02
09-14-09, 08:20 PM
none....i have the same set up

LOL. Nice vid.

Any ride height issues you have to worry about?

BLACKMAX
09-15-09, 09:11 AM
i think it will hold up just fine....! im thinking 130 mph trap speed easy!!!

I hope so. The driveshaft looks very weak to me, so I'm sure I'll find out soon enough after I say F-it and spray it right off the line:lildevil:

brent eb02
09-15-09, 09:32 AM
let me know when you guys head to the track ...i wanna see that beast run

CadV
09-15-09, 10:39 AM
Awesome video!

FastRunner
09-15-09, 11:42 AM

I found a set of 305/35/18's, but I'm having a hard time finding the 18x10.5 Rims that will fit the cts-v. Can someone tell me where to buy these.

BLACKMAX
09-15-09, 12:40 PM
Brent I will def call you when we go!

BLACKMAX
09-15-09, 12:42 PM
I found a set of 305/35/18's, but I'm having a hard time finding the 18x10.5 Rims that will fit the cts-v. Can someone tell me where to buy these.

The Corvette C-5 Z06 rear rims fit on the CTS-V

Dr. Design
09-15-09, 02:14 PM
If you need some custom wheels built, give us a call.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac
310-483-8389

Gotham CTS-V
09-15-09, 02:24 PM
I had Carmen do a cam/nitrous package on my 08 Z06. The guy did an incredible job and made insane power.

I didn't think the LSA's would hold that much power without getting a fully built motor! Damn! Carmen thinks the V will handle it no problem?

Maybe we can meet up man or talk. I am really interested now...does the camshaft make the car shake a bit? My Z06 shook like an oldschool musclecar.

Thanks brother and great #'s. Most likely the fastest V period. This is what our cars are all about!

Q8V
09-15-09, 03:33 PM
Congrats!!
Its on a Dyno Dynamics Too( Heartbreaker Dyno) should be alot more on a Dyno Jet..

Can we get more info on the Head/Cam package ??

Is it a custom Cam ??.. Hows the Idle ??

What was done about the Fuel system ??

Sweet Ride :thumbsup:

1-2-N-V
09-16-09, 08:04 AM
Congrats!!
Its on a Dyno Dynamics Too( Heartbreaker Dyno) should be alot more on a Dyno Jet..

Yeah, what he said. Also Where did you get your pulley from? Can you give a complete list of parts and vendors and the cost. Plus the cost of the install an tune please. Thanks

BLACKMAX
09-16-09, 12:01 PM
Congrats!!

The cam specs I don't know what they are, but I can tell you that it idles almost like stock. No roughness at all only slightly more aggressive idle. The heads are cnc ported. For the fuel system I don't know exactly what they did, but call Carmen at 631-841-0779 and he can give you more specifics.

liqidvenom
09-16-09, 12:46 PM
great thread... not sure how i missed this.

BLACKMAX
09-16-09, 02:08 PM
Also I'd like to restate that I have American Racing Headers on the car and that was one of the first mods I did to my car. That alone yielded 50 plus rear wheel horsepower, and I still have the stock mufflers. So if anybody is looking for some quick power just do the headers. I compared a couple different brands before choosing ARH. By far the best workmanship and quality I have seen.

1-2-N-V
09-16-09, 02:14 PM
Is there a vendor here for AR? I thought a rep did come here. i guess i will search

Luna.
09-16-09, 02:47 PM
Is there a vendor here for AR? I thought a rep did come here. i guess i will search

Yes. Nick from American Racing Headers posts here somewhat frequently and they had a rather large thread discussing the gains they got from the installation of their headers.

While I'm not sure saying that everyone will get 50rwhp from simply changing headers alone (I don't think ARH got that much in the thread they posted!), I do agree that it seems like a very good mod for the '09 V

1-2-N-V
09-16-09, 03:08 PM
Well they sure look nice. But i think Jesse's exhaust does about the same HP at like a third of the cost. Am i right?

Am. Racing Headers
09-16-09, 04:00 PM
Ken, Thanks for the plug. If anyone has questions regarding our CTS-V systems please feel free to PM or call me. We'd love to hear about your present or future mods. We build a system that flat works, fits great and installs easily. It's also 100% US made using 304 S/S and will hold up no matter what you throw at it.

Nick
631-608-1986

CTSVmapper
09-16-09, 05:19 PM
I don't want it to break but if it does then I will do a forged lower end. I am more concerned about the trans and rear at that power level.

You wont get the chance if you break/throw a rod... and it cracks or goes through the block. Game over.
Rods are a must as they are powdered metal.

Hope a piston just lets go if anything, or lift the head.

Nitrous is amazing with force induction as the cooling (-90 n20) helps huge.

BLACKMAX
09-17-09, 10:56 AM
You wont get the chance if you break/throw a rod... and it cracks or goes through the block. Game over.
Rods are a must as they are powdered metal.

Hope a piston just lets go if anything, or lift the head.

Nitrous is amazing with force induction as the cooling (-90 n20) helps huge.

I am fully aware of all the risks, as a couple of people here know me. I'm from the school of "if you play your gonna pay" :thumbsup:

Luna.
09-17-09, 01:32 PM
I am fully aware of all the risks, as a couple of people here know me. I'm from the school of "if you play your gonna pay" :thumbsup:

You rock... :highfive:

What's your game plan going forward? Drive it until it breaks, then depending on what breaks, move forward?

What do you see as your options?

Razorecko
09-17-09, 01:34 PM
build the block up and throw on some turbo's ? :devil:

CTSVmapper
09-17-09, 01:34 PM
Balls to the wall... NICE.

Luna.
09-17-09, 02:00 PM
build the block up and throw on some turbo's ? :devil:

What on earth for?

Like 800+rwhp isn't enough? :)

1-2-N-V
09-17-09, 03:36 PM
Keep us posted on when she blows:bomb:

BLACKMAX
09-17-09, 03:44 PM
You rock... :highfive:

What's your game plan going forward? Drive it until it breaks, then depending on what breaks, move forward?

What do you see as your options?

I'm just gonna drive it till it breaks, and enjoy the car for as long as I can.:) Then upgrade what fails.

1-2-N-V
09-17-09, 03:54 PM
Has anyone done and estimate to go all forged on this motor. Labor and materials.

undertaker
09-17-09, 05:09 PM
Has anyone done and estimate to go all forged on this motor. Labor and materials.

ballpark guess 10K depending on shop and what components they use labor/tune inclusive. Thats usually what a vette would run thats already FI on a stock motor, getting upgraded with fuel/boost/tune/forged etc.

1-2-N-V
09-18-09, 06:55 AM
Wow That much huh? could we just buy a LS9 crate motor and be all set for what ever you want to throw at it. How much would that go for? Then you would have the LSA as a spare stock motor.

Vrocks
09-18-09, 09:34 AM
Wow That much huh? could we just buy a LS9 crate motor and be all set for what ever you want to throw at it. How much would that go for? Then you would have the LSA as a spare stock motor.

You could get an LS7 for $13,000 (GM Performance parts). Summit racing wants around $23,000 for the LS9, and I found an LSA for around $14,000.

1-2-N-V
09-18-09, 11:11 AM
Wow, I have never bought a motor before. Only rebuilt one in high school 25 years ago. I spent like $800 buck on parts back then. I think My buddy spent about $4 or5k total to rebuild his Grand National Motor about 4-5 years ago. Gees am i outta touch.

Luna.
09-18-09, 12:53 PM
I'm just gonna drive it till it breaks, and enjoy the car for as long as I can.:) Then upgrade what fails.

If you have a catastrophic failure (not what we want, but let's go near-worst case scenario), what motor do you plan on dropping in?

Just curious is all. :)

BLACKMAX
09-18-09, 02:22 PM
If you have a catastrophic failure (not what we want, but let's go near-worst case scenario), what motor do you plan on dropping in?

Just curious is all. :)

If I just blow a piston, I'll do a set of forged pistons and a good set of rods. If I window the block then I'll consider going bigger on the displacement. :cool2:

1-2-N-V
09-18-09, 03:30 PM
Giver hell then:nox:
Get That thing to the track. I wanna see some mid to low 10's baby. Well:cloud9:would sure be nice too!

BLACKMAX
09-19-09, 11:42 AM
Giver hell then:nox:
Get That thing to the track. I wanna see some mid to low 10's baby. Well:cloud9:would sure be nice too!

I would love to get a 9 second pass, but I'd also be very happy if the car ran 10.50's all day. Remember its a Cadillac! :)

Razorecko
09-19-09, 12:57 PM
if we could get into the 10's and run reliably i'd be happy with that:thumbsup:

v10brat
09-20-09, 02:14 AM
Max
do you have any idea what kind of boost you are running with your setup , what Fuel system upgrades you have ?
Thanks William

SlvrBullIT
09-20-09, 04:52 AM
I think you should be fine, all the reading I've done on the pistons and connecting rods tell me they can handle it plus they even oil cool the underside of the pistons. I don't think the limitation of the V will be the motor at your power levels.... I think the limitation will be your tranny or something else in the drive train.

verbs
09-20-09, 11:28 PM
I think you should be fine, all the reading I've done on the pistons and connecting rods tell me they can handle it plus they even oil cool the underside of the pistons.

:thepan:

Dude, wake up. 800+hp on cast pistons won't last long.

SlvrBullIT
09-21-09, 01:20 AM
They are hypereutectic pistons, if he's not detonating the pistons will be fine.

Prof
09-21-09, 03:29 AM
I hope you are correct...but I too have my doubts.

More to the point, if you are going to build this big why not forge the internals? It would be a very sensible precaution which would alleviate one of the major concerns.

Why not go with the LS9 pistons and rods?

Just an opinion...and you guys understand that opinions are like sphincter muscles...we all have them.

SlvrBullIT
09-21-09, 03:56 AM
Some of what I've learned on this motor:

1) Sumped 9.1:1 Piston Cast hypereutectic coated skirt piston with sump in dome for compression control.
2) Swirl Wing Cylinder Head Cast aluminum cylinder head with wing in inlet port to induce combustion chamber swirl
3) Piston Squirter Block-mounted oil squirter for piston cooling
4) Connecting Rods: Forged Powder Metal

This tells me, al beit while not a completely forged motor, it can handle a lot, if timing is good and not detonating good power can be made with this motor. I still think the weak link is more drive train than motor..aka tranny... especially the Automatic.

SlvrBullIT
09-21-09, 04:10 AM
I hope you are correct...but I too have my doubts.

More to the point, if you are going to build this big why not forge the internals? It would be a very sensible precaution which would alleviate one of the major concerns.

Why not go with the LS9 pistons and rods?

Just an opinion...and you guys understand that opinions are like sphincter muscles...we all have them.

LS9 - cast block, forged titanium rods (lighter for higher rev), forged pistons, heads are cast. So the difference is small IMHO. I think they went forged pistons was more for the higher rev than strength i.e. Titanium valves, less mass to move

GM LS9 (http://www.gmperformanceparts.com/EngineShowcase/tech_specs.jsp?engId=LS9&engine=LS9&sku=1920199&engCat=ls)

More spec (http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/tech/engines_drivetrain/shortblock/0811chp_chevrolet_corvette_zr1_ls9_engine_specific ations/ls9_camshaft_specs.html)

Krug Ford
09-21-09, 10:29 AM
Those are some great numbers

1-2-N-V
09-21-09, 11:17 AM
Boy that was a great tour of the LS9 motor build out. Awesome stuff. Any one got anything like that for our motor?

BLACKMAX
09-21-09, 11:19 AM
Max
do you have any idea what kind of boost you are running with your setup , what Fuel system upgrades you have ?
Thanks William

I put a separate boost gauge in and it reads consistent 15lbs. But at high Rpm like over 4500 the boost falls off a bit to like 12-13 lbs. I think the supercharger looses efficiency being over driven this much. But on the NOS we have seen the boost levels spike around 18 lbs and then fall back to 15-16 lb range. I don't exactly know the specs on the fuel system upgrade that the Vette Doctors did, but you can call them at 631-841-0779 to get info.

1-2-N-V
09-21-09, 12:09 PM
Hey I think i asked this already but whose Pulley kit did you install? Is there any issues with the harmonic balancer . I am kind of worried about any excessive vibration wreaking havoc in the motor, as i would like to go with Jesse's 9.5 in crank pulley. Any one experience any problems with these mods?

Luna.
09-21-09, 07:36 PM
They are hypereutectic pistons, if he's not detonating the pistons will be fine.

I would be literally shocked if that's the case.

Very, very happy, but shocked... :p

BLACKMAX
09-22-09, 10:49 AM
Hey I think i asked this already but whose Pulley kit did you install? Is there any issues with the harmonic balancer . I am kind of worried about any excessive vibration wreaking havoc in the motor, as i would like to go with Jesse's 9.5 in crank pulley. Any one experience any problems with these mods?

I have Jesse"s 9.5 crank pulley with no issues at all.

1-2-N-V
09-22-09, 12:50 PM
Thanks BlackMax

komar
11-20-09, 01:24 PM
any news? track? wheels/tires, traction.

DrumStix
11-20-09, 01:55 PM

Wheels - Hot
Tires - up in smoke
Traction - what's that?

wfo
11-20-09, 03:12 PM

What does this mean? :alchi:

BLACKMAX
11-21-09, 09:52 AM

Going to the track Tuesday Nov 24. I'll keep everybody posted.

cbloveday
11-21-09, 10:04 AM
Insane Power

Subscribed :pop2:

Prof
11-21-09, 01:11 PM
Thanksgiving pictures!!!

BeagleBrains
11-21-09, 10:28 PM
The only thing unusable is your opinion :yup:

Those that can't have, do have opinions.:yup:

big_tugg
11-23-09, 07:03 PM
good luck man...Don't launch on the laughing gas...

BLACKMAX
11-24-09, 02:57 PM
good luck man...Don't launch on the laughing gas...

Sorry guys, got rained out. I'll keep everyone posted on the next date.:(

GMX322V S/C
11-25-09, 02:50 AM
Boy that was a great tour of the LS9 motor build out. Awesome stuff. Any one got anything like that for our motor?http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/159345-differences-between-ls9-lsa.html#post1739022