: 09 CTS-V production # and years

abbas
09-03-09, 02:46 PM
Anyone know how many CTS-V are produced in 2009?

Also, my dealership told that they plan on doing a 7 year run with the current model. To me that sounds way too long as BMW and Mercedes change models every 5 years. Can anyone confirm this?

Mikevette
09-03-09, 03:03 PM
I would like to know also how many White Diamond color were produced that have recarro's, Nav,sunroof and polished wheels? Would be nice to know how many more V look just like mine?

Hopefully one of our forume dealers (Scott, Paul) could post this info up for us since they can access this info with ease

Thanks

Mike P.:hmm:

RWFJR
09-03-09, 03:12 PM
Ditto...PLEASE

neuronbob
09-03-09, 04:57 PM
+2 on the list.....

I don't think Caddy is going to keep this V for seven years.....don't believe anything unless it comes from Caddy corporate or, from them though our sponsoring dealers. We likely won't know when the V2 is really done, until it's done.

Hawkeye2
09-03-09, 04:58 PM
I have wondered the same. I know for Corvettes and Camaro there are breakdowns by year, model, colours, options etc. I'll contact
someone at GM and see what I can find out.

Vrocks
09-03-09, 05:17 PM
A more accurate # on how long we have to go until a new CTS arrives is: 2-3 years

abbas
09-03-09, 05:27 PM
You have to also wonder if GM will make another CTS-V seeing the gas mileage is not good. Didnt they also get the rid of the V engineers/employees/research team?

RWFJR
09-03-09, 06:01 PM
+2 on the list.....

I don't think Caddy is going to keep this V for seven years.....don't believe anything unless it comes from Caddy corporate or, from them though our sponsoring dealers. We likely won't know when the V2 is really done, until it's done.

The way this current administration is controlling our freedom and our lives, it could be done tomorrow! :eek:

Looney100
09-03-09, 10:20 PM
You have to also wonder if GM will make another CTS-V seeing the gas mileage is not good. Didnt they also get the rid of the V engineers/employees/research team?

Yes. GM announced that their high-performance team was disbanded and that existing vehicles would continue until the end fo their current run and no new ones would be produced.

abbas
09-04-09, 12:34 AM
I hope they put a new team together. I would really miss the CTS-V in my next buy cycle.

AuPanda
09-04-09, 01:23 AM
I know "they" announced '10 production but I can't help but think the V2 will go the way of the Z28.

GM-4-LIFE
09-04-09, 07:42 PM
GM will just release CTS production numbers. I doubt they will release V-series production numbers.

They did the same thing for the STS-V. They just released STS production numbers. They didn't list a sub-section with how many V-Series produced for the CTS, STS and XLR.

Good luck getting accurate info from GM on 2009 CTS-V production numbers.

SG

Caroutisine
09-04-09, 09:25 PM
I know "they" announced '10 production but I can't help but think the V2 will go the way of the Z28.

The new Z/28 is dead?

Looney100
09-04-09, 10:29 PM
The new Z/28 is dead?

Yes. The SS is it for the Camaro.

It's odd that the last time the Camaro was made, the SS was the high performance version and the Z/28 the standard V8 - this time its the other way around.

Hawkeye2
09-05-09, 08:53 AM
The new Z/28 is dead?

It is on life support, depending on how things go. Never say never
in the auto world. My bet is that it will return!

GM-4-LIFE
09-05-09, 04:02 PM
GM has rarely let Ford have a more powerful Mustang, so I think they probably will release the Z28. GM will let Ford have some time to gloat with the more powerful Mustang, but once the Z28 comes out, the Mustang will yet again be the underdog. If GM released the CTS-V when they did and they have already done the R&D and paid for the LSA engine, why not just drop it in the Camaro? It won't cost GM anymore money. They already spent the money developing the CTS-V. I am sure Bob Lutz will convince the GM board members that they need to prove that they can do the ponycar better than everyone else. If I didn't have the CTS-V already, I would go with the Z28.

Since the 1990s, the Camaro has always had a lot more power than the Mustangs and I can't see why GM would want to lose the title for the first time in two decades.

SG

She-V
09-05-09, 05:32 PM
Anyone know how many CTS-V are produced in 2009?

I've searched high and low for the 2007 numbers. Would be nice if GM would release the information.