: Head stud kit

Taspeed
09-03-09, 01:20 PM
This is actually for jake, but I'll make it technical to fit in the forum.

I jumped head first in to the head gasket repair on a car I got REALLY cheap. The thing is like brand new except for the blown head gasket.

First order of business was to get the motor out. In hindsight i realized i didn't have to disassemble anything really to get it out, but i did. I pulled the intake and topside of the motor off until i realized the heads weren't going to come off. Then it started. About 4 hours later i had the motor out and in the garage. I've never torn down a overhead cam motor before so i was a little nervous. Turns out it is really simple. I've built all kinds of motors for 20 years, and now i can add the northstar repair to the list.

That brings me to my question for jake. I ordered a stud kit last tuesday...about 8 working days ago, and was wondering how long shipping usually takes to the chicago area. I have another kit i need to order for a side job in a couple of weeks, and need to give some lead time on the parts. I did try to email but it keeps bouncing back at me...damn email server. I can't PM either or i would' ve done that.

Thanks,

Richard Boon

Taspeed
09-04-09, 03:07 PM
I broke down and called canada. Spoke to charity. She was extremely helpful, and i should have my studs any day now.

97EldoCoupe
09-07-09, 09:06 AM
Hi Richard, sorry I don't always spend enough time on these boards....

We try our darndest to get the stud kits out within a day of ordering but sometimes we just get so swamped. In the next coming weeks we'll be setting up some shipping policies and one of those policies will be that we will ship within 24 hours on the next business day.

Also, if you plan on doing more than one car, always keep a set of studs, nuts and washers in-stock ready to install. Just call us to order more.

Thank you very much and I hope all goes well! :thumbsup: