: how many people want a larger radiator?

wait4me
09-03-09, 10:55 AM
Im setting up for my first batch of custom double capacity radiators. They should be more than enough to handle the heat from other countries and even our hot days... They are top of the line materials of course, and pricing is not fully known yet as they go off of metal cost at the time of purchase. But it wont be over priced as you guys know anything you buy thru me is always a deal.

I have 7 sold already, so ill probably make 10 my first batch, i just want to know if any other people out there would want a bolt in application also?

Vrocks
09-03-09, 12:17 PM
I do... how / or is this different than the one you've always offered for the V2?

wait4me
09-03-09, 12:28 PM
No Vrocks, this is different from the other.

The Heat exchanger is used for the supercharger. It keeps temps down to 10 over ambient for ALOT longer than the stock system can provide. It tripples the stock fluid capacity and allows for much better thermal transfer release.

The Radiator as i have in this thread is for the Engine. It helps keep it cooler for longer by adding more capacity of fluid for better reserve, and longer lasting wide open throttle and high speed cruising without fluid temperature increase. Say wide open throttle to 200mph the coolant temps climb dramatically and the more horse power you add, the more you are effected. This just keeps it at exactly what temp you want it to be without so much fluctuation in temps. This is more important in high ambient temperature locations of the states and world..

Vrocks
09-03-09, 12:50 PM
I got ya. I read the post to quickly and forgot that I'm ordering an exchanger, not a radiator... I may be interested in this in the spring of '10 - it's starting to cool off in PA.

Thanks

thatcoder
09-03-09, 02:56 PM
how about a larger gas tank? every day i have to fill up. :-D

wait4me
09-03-09, 02:57 PM
:) lol

Prof
09-03-09, 10:00 PM
Ran across Nevada and western California at the end of July...temps in the 110-113 range...temp gauge never moved off off 215...I was really impressed...now that was not in traffic. Those of you who live in hot climates may love additional capacity in your radiator.

We are thinking that we saw the last summer two years ago here in Wadsworth, IL!

SlvrBullIT
09-04-09, 05:56 AM
I'd do a larger radiator as long as it doesn't interfere with the oversized HX. Will this new radiator interfere with the larger HX... Jesse?

wait4me
09-04-09, 08:31 AM
No they will both work together just fine.

SlvrBullIT
09-04-09, 08:57 AM
:2thumbs:
So I'm guessing the radiator then extends inward toward the pulleys?

wfo
09-04-09, 01:01 PM
I think alot of people would like/love to see a "quality" well thought out lowering kit for the 09 V.

Radiator, shmadaitor...give me a lowering kit that doesn't muck up the great highly proven suspension on this baby and I'm a very happy boy.

haterinc
09-04-09, 01:40 PM
lol... lowering springs again huh?

Jesse is this going to be aluminum for reduced weight and cooling while you're at it?

wait4me
09-04-09, 02:55 PM
Yes it is pure aluminum. It "Should" be compairable in weight with the stock one, water capacity brings it up a bit though as it holds alot more water.

wfo
09-04-09, 03:38 PM
lol... lowering springs again huh?

Jesse is this going to be aluminum for reduced weight and cooling while you're at it?

No haterinc..not lowering springs...a lowering kit. Mere lowering springs don't/won't work, remember.

It's all good, just keep on keeping on. LOL!!

radix
09-05-09, 11:55 AM
No haterinc..not lowering springs...a lowering kit. Mere lowering springs don't/won't work, remember.

It's all good, just keep on keeping on. LOL!!

Unfortunately what you are asking for is basically impossible - i.e. to drop the car 1" and maybe slap on some 20's - and not completely wipe out the vehicle development that made this car a star at Nurbergring.

It is basically fun advertising nonsense to see the claims of "improving handling", etc. as applied to this type of vehicle - unless one is looking to completely change the tuning compromise from an all around street car to a track car (and even then lowering is unlikely part of the program).

why ? - these cars have about 3.5"-4" of compression travel as they are and spring rates/damping tuned to work with that distance.

Dropping the car an inch will require 25-35% stiffer springs to keep the car off of the bump stops under similar loading conditions, requiring completely different damping rates and will still be inferior in maintaining tire contact on real roads. (so Heinricy's tuning is all gone) - are any of the vendors going to spend the 100's of hours at the Ring developing this quality drop kit ? (LOL).

The right way of looking at it is - lowering/big wheels are cosmetic changes, fun if that is your thing, quality means it bolts up easily and nothing hits, but the performance is going to be nothing more than a random result, perhaps good enough, but beside the point (looks).

ctsv5005
09-05-09, 02:29 PM
im interested.

wfo
09-07-09, 05:30 PM
Radix....I understand the mag ride technology had it on my 06 C6 coupe and even learned some things I didn't. Thank you. :thumbsup:

I don't argue with the millions in research spent designing of the Mag ride suspension, particulary specific to the V series Cadillac, nor would I suggest we compromise it. Yes, a quality part is required and yes the Nurburgring record was set using the OEM setup...no aftermarket coilovers or lowering enhancements made, but...I never use the word "impossible". Let's just wait and see. Tuners are always coming up with slick things, (some good, some not so good) all the time for their own and customer's daily driver to track rides.

With respected Corvette/ LS series Tuners to name a few: Lou Gigliotti of LG Motorsports, Spectre Works, Dick Guldstrand getting their curious hands all over this car and getting a taste of what new V series car is about, if they haven't already, one never knows where/what level they'll take it...or, they just might find it perfect the way it sits in standard trim due to the design/perfromance reasons you described.

Ok, back to who wants a bigger radiator? :yawn: