: Please confirm...

sikohsix
09-02-09, 11:52 PM
Remote start does'nt work w/ hazard lights flashing?

Short-Throw
09-03-09, 12:05 AM
Remote start does'nt work w/ hazard lights flashing?

Confirmed!

tblack
09-03-09, 02:16 AM
That is the case on several GM vehicles.

I'm sure there is a good reason...... I just can't think of it.

sikohsix
09-03-09, 03:45 AM
Yeah, I'm searching my brain 4 a good reason. Actually, no big deal. This is the best car in the whole entire world (for me). Its just that I often hop out 2 go 2 the store @ riteaid, bodega or grocery. No complaints. For a vehicle of this order? Trust me, I can live w/ that.:bouncy:. On another note, are the cops stopping U V2 guys JUST to compliment/ get info on the V? I get it all day. I've read on other posts that the cops don't know the car. Wrong. They're all over it.

Cadillac Tony
09-03-09, 02:50 PM
There are actually many situations in which the remote start is designed not to operate, usually for safety reasons. I would guess that the reasoning behind the hazards overriding the remote start is that the car is probably somehow incapacitated if the hazards are on, and therefore shouldn't be started.

Others include (but not limited to):

-Certain malfunction lights on the dash being lit (Check engine, low oil, low fuel)
-Hood open
-More than twice in a row without doing a "conventional" start

cmicasa
09-03-09, 11:04 PM
Info from the service tech at my Caddy Dealer is that the system is somewhat intuitive, thus when the Hazards are activated the system believe that U are in a situation where as the vehicle is incapacitated. Specifically when U are possibly on the side of the road and U are changing a wheel... the car is not accidentally started. Let's just say the LAWYERS came up with this reasoning, beliveing that if the car is started by say.. an occupant in the car.. then liability is off of GM... if the remote start somehow was activated and the car say... vibrated off the jack and fell on U... GM would be liable. Same thing for hood being open, as hands could get chewed up by belts and such.