: Cadillac Emblem On The Rear Gate

Ghost Deany
09-01-09, 11:20 PM
anyone know where to get a replacement emblem at? the red in the crest is starting to really fade out of there.

Ghost Deany
09-02-09, 03:20 PM
found them on ebay, range from 40 dollars to 80, i just need the shield.

oldworld
09-02-09, 11:02 PM
Ditto...you can find one emblem or a whole set (front and rear crests and shields as wells as the escalade letters) on ebay. They can be found in silver and gold. I bought the gold set about a year ago and they were perfect!!!

slopoke
10-11-09, 09:30 PM
is the rear one hard to change, or just double sticky tape. thanks

ZaC851
10-12-09, 01:07 AM
is the rear one hard to change, or just double sticky tape. thanks

its just tape.

Careful though...I put my new one on and a few days later was washing the truck and noticed it was barely hanging. I added a little glue and let it dry over night.

pcguy760
10-12-09, 05:46 AM
its just tape.

Careful though...I put my new one on and a few days later was washing the truck and noticed it was barely hanging. I added a little glue and let it dry over night.

Yeah but it is REALLY stuck on there so be careful not to damage the surrounding paint when wedging it out....

oldworld
10-12-09, 09:32 AM
Good point PC

Swurvn
06-22-11, 08:22 AM
I can't get the wreath off, I got the shield but I can't get anything in between the wreath and the paint without damaging. Any tips?

Trulytex
08-20-11, 03:21 PM
Try using a Heat Gun.

Back2Basic (B2B)
08-20-11, 11:05 PM
This is how I removed and replaced mine. First, warm the wreath/shield and it's area for a few minutes with a blow dryer set on high heat (using a heat gun my damage the paint around the emblem). It would help if it's really a warm day and the truck has been laying outside in direct sunlight. Then take a strong nylon fishing thread, cut it so that's long enough to wrap it around both your hands. Starting at the top point of the wreath/shield, place the fishing thread behind it and using a sawing motion work it in. The sawing motion will slice/detach the two sided tape that's holding the wreath/shield in place without damaging the paint. You may have to reheat the area if the fishing thread keeps breaking or gets stuck. Continue sawing it all the way through and remove the wreath/shield carefully. Clean the area well and use a little rubbing alcohol to remove any cleaning residue or finger prints of the finish. Reattach the whole thing using a "3M automotive two sided emblem/trim tape". Open the hatch door fully and have something a little heavy (not too heavy) resting on top of the wreath/shield so the it's pressed against the paint for a few hours. Try not to wet the area for 24 hours. Hope this helps....attach a pictures or two when you are done so we can all see it.

B2B

Back2Basic (B2B)
08-20-11, 11:08 PM
This is how I removed and replaced mine. First, warm the wreath/shield and it's area for a few minutes with a blow dryer set on high heat (using a heat gun my damage the paint around the emblem). It would help if it's really a warm day and the truck has been laying outside in direct sunlight. Then take a strong nylon fishing thread, cut it so that's long enough to wrap it around both your hands. Starting at the top point of the wreath/shield, place the fishing thread behind it and using a sawing motion work it in. The sawing motion will slice/detach the two sided tape that's holding the wreath/shield in place without damaging the paint. You may have to reheat the area if the fishing thread keeps breaking or gets stuck. Continue sawing it all the way through and remove the wreath/shield carefully. Clean the area well and use a little rubbing alcohol to remove any cleaning residue or finger prints off the finish. Reattach the whole thing using a "3M automotive two sided emblem/trim tape". Open the hatch door fully and have something a little heavy (not too heavy) resting on top of the wreath/shield so the it's pressed against the paint for a few hours. Try not to wet the area for 24 hours. Hope this helps....attach a pictures or two when you are done so we can all see it.

B2B