: Snap, crackle, pop poll on wheel clicking and sunroof noises...

commander112
09-01-09, 04:36 PM
My car suffers from both the wheel clicking and sunroof popping issues. It appears that the official repairs have had questionable results. So before I waste my time, where do we stand here?
1) GM fixes worked great on both issues?
2) Dealer fixed the sunroof but not the clicking wheels
3) Dealer fixed the wheel clicking but not the sunroof
4) Don't waste your time. They need to come up with better fixes.

Thanks,
Mark

OldRoadDawg
09-01-09, 05:28 PM
Guess I can't participate.
I have neither the clicking wheels or popping roof, or any other complaints.
Now if we were discussing my knees.....

My V2 is one sweet ride.
But I never had any complaints about my V1 either.

RWFJR
09-01-09, 07:53 PM
No problems refrence that yet!

neuronbob
09-01-09, 09:06 PM
Only the wheel clicking right now--sunroof is quiet as a mouse right now. I'm not bothering with the wheel fix unless and until there is a real solution.

commander112
09-01-09, 09:10 PM
I learned something tonight. My sunroof is silent when it is closed. Pops when open only.

Nutz
09-01-09, 09:41 PM
Exactly 5 hrs., and no votes. It felt more like a pity vote, but I got yer back brah.

commander112
09-01-09, 10:14 PM
Exactly 5 hrs., and no votes. It felt more like a pity vote, but I got yer back brah.

Thanks for breaking the hymen on this Nutz! You would think that as much time that had been spent here complaining about these two subjects that someone would want to go on record for what is actually being done to correct the issues. Perhaps there are just a bunch of people out there that have not even attempted to get the issues taken care of. I, for one, want to get them corrected if the fixes actually work.

Mark

Gary Wells
09-01-09, 10:21 PM
I, for one, cheated on the sunroof. I intentionally found a solid roof. I find it hard to believe that GM does not know what causes the clicking wheels. I just think that the solution would be a pricey one, at best. Tying either problem, or both to the mileage on your vehicle would be a plus. Just a thought.

nynd
09-01-09, 10:32 PM
LOL - Isn't that why they give you a radio.. to drown out all those clicking sounds?

I love the roof.. wouldn't have it any other way. With it popped up slightly, adds a nice appeal to the overall look.
With the added light, it adds to the openness of the cabin!

thatcoder
09-01-09, 10:57 PM
i blacked out my sunroof, and can't say i've had it open yet.

commander112
09-01-09, 11:06 PM
Fine job of taking this off topic! Less than 6 hours after I posted the question.

jwa999
09-01-09, 11:33 PM
Front wheel clicking - had a lot of noise, disappeared completely after a spirited drive. front wheels are at 140lbs.

Sunroof. Had minor crackle. Asked dealer to fix it, crackle was still a little bit. But now 95% gone. ( I did jack up the car one side at a time, so that caused a bit of twisting. Might have fixed the crackling.

Rear differential. Getting noises first turn in the morning. Will change fluid soon.

Marcuse12
09-02-09, 09:45 AM
Sunroof only makes noise once in a while, wheels quiet. My gripe is creaking from the center console on turns, no one else has this?

Vrocks
09-02-09, 12:33 PM
Sunroof only makes noise once in a while, wheels quiet. My gripe is creaking from the center console on turns, no one else has this?
Do you have Recaro's? I noticed that during turns the lower bolster could apply more pressure to the console and make it squeak. I then went to another V with Recaro's and there wasn't a problem.

Marcuse12
09-02-09, 03:00 PM
No Recaros here.

mik2718
09-02-09, 04:19 PM
Don't have a sunroof and have not experienced wheel clicking. Only time I've been back to the dealer was for an oil change.

nc09v2
09-02-09, 09:16 PM
+1. I have had my V since January and have yet to experience either clicking wheels or any sunroof issues. My V has been very reliable to date.

Caroutisine
09-03-09, 08:34 PM
I need the sunroof fix at my first oil change in the next month or so. Does it work?

commander112
09-03-09, 10:46 PM
I need the sunroof fix at my first oil change in the next month or so. Does it work?

It appears that the people here just like to bitch about these issues and when asked about the fixes they have no comments. If you read about wheel clicking there are multiple posts complaining and the is a multiple page post about the sunroof too but this poll regarding the fixes has only received two posts. One positive and one negative. I will no longer listen to complaints on these issues since it appears nobody cares to even try the fixes.

mbshoe
09-04-09, 02:44 PM
I'm an hour away from a dealer. It's four hours of driving, minimum, to take my car in to see the nice Caddy guys. (Actually longer, if I have to get it there at a rationally early time in the morning as I have to fight I80 traffic into Roseville). So, I'm letting the little things pile up so I can have them done all at once rather than lose a day of work for every piece of poor workmanship, engineering, and/or installation.

My wheels click. I 'fixed' them myself (remove, clean, re-torque), but backing out of parking spot with a tightly turned steering wheel still results in a few clicks/snap sounds.

My sunroof rattles.

The rear speaker surround rattles over rough road-surface transitions.

A rattle comes and goes behind the NAV screen.

The plastic door surround on the driver's door rattles.

So, no, I'm not taking four hours (just in driving time) to ask the dealer to fix each of these separately. It hardly seems like 'proof' that these problems are imaginary simply because they don't bother me enough (yet) to see the dealer.

1-2-N-V
09-04-09, 03:16 PM
Front wheel clicking - had a lot of noise, disappeared completely after a spirited drive. front wheels are at 140lbs.

Sunroof. Had minor crackle. Asked dealer to fix it, crackle was still a little bit. But now 95% gone. ( I did jack up the car one side at a time, so that caused a bit of twisting. Might have fixed the crackling.

Rear differential. Getting noises first turn in the morning. Will change fluid soon.

I only had a clicking once when i sprayed some wheel cleaner on the rims while hot. Creeked a bit. Otherwise never heard my wheels make any noise. Though i did just hear the other morning... a groan, twice, as i was backing out of the driveway. after that i have not heard it again... YET. I thought maybe rear end noise? or maybe Parking brake not full disengaged?

The Sunroof is starting to freak me the F out. It's not like every bump or anything but slow rolling torsional tweaks or sometimes heavy bumps will make it click fairly loud IMO. And the dealer says that No-One with a UV roof has complained. I cant believe that. i am going to try out this new dealer down in Yonkers NY. Martin Cadillac and see if they can help me out. Nice Dealership solely for caddy. They have a White Diamond with Ebony and tan, Auto V there as a demo. They are too pretty to be a Manly Man's car. But i do like it all the same. Also a Red Auto loaded $70K on the sticker Ouch!

RWFJR
09-04-09, 09:28 PM
I don't know about you guys but I have had 6 cars with either a sun or moon roof. They all "creaked" at one time or another. With the Plexiglas or what ever the new term is for it that they use, the entire vehicle is not ridged like a true hard top. Unless it is leaking or not working, I would not worry about it.

Qnsryck
09-05-09, 01:51 PM
My UV creaks but I can live with it. My UV still has a mind of it's own and opens (tilt) whenever it wants to. I can't tie it to anything other than it seems to happen more when it's hot out. Sometimes it will do it over and over during the same drive and other times it won't happen for days. I haven't taken it in yet (mostly because I'm lazy and don't want to be without it)