: Official CTS Coupe "launched" to public. V next?

Nutz
08-31-09, 08:30 PM
Awesome!
TpyeUo50-Eg

PAULSTSMAN1
08-31-09, 08:36 PM
I evaluated the Cadillac commercial this morning showing the blast off stages of the CTS and made a comment. Though I liked the basic premise, I evaluated the commercial as sort of a rehash of the Lincoln MKS commercial that has aired for the past 9 months.

After I returned home from a shopping expedition I watched television while assembling items I purchased and saw BMW’s “Advanced Diesel “ commercial where the comment was made that per tankful 580 miles range or 36 Mpg and 20% Co2 foot print. However, the most impressive comment was the $4500 Eco Credit and 421,722 hits on the BMW website for additional information!

Therefore, it would appear as I earlier stated with all the competition entering the entry luxury market, a simplistic commercial that just shows cars driving will not by itself captivate enough of the perceptive, environmentally friendly buyers. There is much sophistication in advertising required to reel-in today’s potential buyers especially when re-introducing a brand which has not enjoyed great sales or coveted name recognition in recent years.

b4z
08-31-09, 09:14 PM
I wonder how much lighter the coupe will be than the sedan?
I'm hoping for about 150lbs.

nradcad
08-31-09, 10:13 PM
I evaluated the Cadillac commercial this morning showing the blast off stages of the CTS and made a comment. Though I liked the basic premise, I evaluated the commercial as sort of a rehash of the Lincoln MKS commercial that has aired for the past 9 months.

After I returned home from a shopping expedition I watched television while assembling items I purchased and saw BMW’s “Advanced Diesel “ commercial where the comment was made that per tankful 580 miles range or 36 Mpg and 20% Co2 foot print. However, the most impressive comment was the $4500 Eco Credit and 421,722 hits on the BMW website for additional information!

Therefore, it would appear as I earlier stated with all the competition entering the entry luxury market, a simplistic commercial that just shows cars driving will not by itself captivate enough of the perceptive, environmentally friendly buyers. There is much sophistication in advertising required to reel-in today’s potential buyers especially when re-introducing a brand which has not enjoyed great sales or coveted name recognition in recent years.

I dunno dude - watch it again, this time with the sound on, or at least up a lot louder.

manciniat
08-31-09, 10:26 PM
:yeah:
I dunno dude - watch it again, this time with the sound on, or at least up a lot louder.

neuronbob
08-31-09, 10:56 PM
:yeah: +1

That was a GREAT ad, and I'm (as I say frequently) a Honda guy at heart. It certainly made me take notice, and only sophisticates will recall the Lincoln ads that this one is related to. Much better done than the Lincoln ad, I must say.

BTW, the coupe is officially HOT. I repeat, HOT. :drool: Those who don't need a baby seat in their V, your ride is coming. I can only imagine the performance of the V Coupe. :drool:

OldRoadDawg
09-01-09, 10:21 AM
I wonder how much lighter the coupe will be than the sedan?
I'm hoping for about 150lbs.
If my my recollection is correct, while chatting with a GM engineer at the Cadillac driving lab at Monticello, he said the coupe would weigh about the same as the sedan.
A shout out to TBJS. Jim... help me out here. Do you recall the specifics of that conversation?

liqidvenom
09-01-09, 11:11 AM

I would be shocked if they sell 1% to the total number of hits they get.

But that caddy vid put a smile on my face last night.... that coupe is going to be my next car.

wfo
09-01-09, 01:33 PM
At least by the summer of 2010 is getting a coupe version of something.

chopmeat
10-05-09, 06:34 PM

Are we watching the same thing?
I buying that bitch when it cums OUT!
OOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!!!!!!

chopmeat
10-05-09, 07:22 PM
Is the coupe going to be a V or just a CTS?
Because one of these you tube vids with Cadillac at the car show does not mention that.

LITTLEELVISDAN
10-06-09, 12:58 AM
I thought I read GM Exec's gave the green light to the Coupe V