: Chicago Auto Show 2010: February 19-21

Pages : 1 [2]

gdwriter
02-12-10, 05:15 PM
What is the plan for Friday night? I believe I am picking up Gary at ohare and we are heading down to whatever hotel you guys are staying at so he can check in. Then what? Dinner?That's the plan I was thinking of. And yes, I was looking forward to a ride in your CTS. I think the hotel makes sense as a meeting place, probably between 5 and 5:30, depending on when everybody else arrives (my flight gets into O'Hare @ ~4).

ThumperPup
02-12-10, 08:15 PM
After Jesda was able to get Bridgette Neilson to strip for you?? That sucks, man...

now you tell me damm :( cries i really am sad now no stripper how could you break it to me like that
but seriously my cash i got now i gota save need somethign to live off of the next month or 2 untill i can try to find other work

Lord Cadillac
02-12-10, 08:34 PM
since i just got laid off yesterday i wont be able to make it see you all next time around i hope

Sorry to hear that, Pup. There will be other meets.. Especially in Chicago, it seems..

I'll be in Chicago around noon or so.. Who wants to go get some smooth, crispy, sweet 'n creamy that early in the day? Anyone?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-12-10, 11:08 PM
I'll probably leave the cities around 8-9, so I'll get down there 2-4 depending on how fast I drive and if I stop for lunch. My aim is to take my time, drive slow, save gas and not get another speeding ticket.

Lord Cadillac
02-12-10, 11:45 PM
I'll probably leave the cities around 8-9, so I'll get down there 2-4 depending on how fast I drive and if I stop for lunch. My aim is to take my time, drive slow, save gas and not get another speeding ticket.
You already got a speeding ticket with the GS?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-13-10, 03:57 AM
Yep, got pulled over for doing 89 in a 60. Talked it down to 79 in a 60. The ticket still hasn't been processed yet, so I have yet to pay.

Lord Cadillac
02-13-10, 12:01 PM
How did you talk it down? That's nice... Under 20mph over. You must have had a cool cop. Were you racing?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-13-10, 01:07 PM
No racing, just enjoying the addictive torquey power of the Supercharged 3.8. I was doing between 85-95 mph across a bridge late at night, and I passed the cop, he threw on his lights, pulled me over & asked me how fast I was going. I told him I was doing 85, he clocked me doing 89. He told me the only reason I got it lowered was because I didn't lie about my speed (apparently everyone lies, or so he said) and because I have a clean record. He was a nice cop.

JimmyH
02-14-10, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear that, Pup. There will be other meets.. Especially in Chicago, it seems..

I'll be in Chicago around noon or so.. Who wants to go get some smooth, crispy, sweet 'n creamy that early in the day? Anyone?

creamy....talk about a sausage fest...

and yes, I think we have more meets than any other geographical subset of this forum.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-14-10, 01:52 PM
I'm changing my Friday night dinner request from BWW to The Tilted Kilt. I forgot they built one by me about a year ago. I have yet to actually eat there but I have walked in a few times. Lets just say the scenery is spectacular. :D

96Fleetwood
02-14-10, 02:06 PM
Well I am heading to the auto show today after lunch... I have to work next weekend :nono:

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-14-10, 03:17 PM
Elias, will you have either Friday or Saturday night off?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-10, 03:30 PM
What kind of cuisine does the Tilted Kilt offer? If it's scottish as the name says, then I'll pass (no need for haggis).

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-14-10, 03:35 PM
Typical pub food. Burgers, fish n chips, chicken. Like I said though, you go for the scenery. http://www.tiltedkilt.com/

http://www.tiltedkilt.com/images/2010_cal_cover.png

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-10, 03:42 PM
Well, I know what I wanna do Friday night.

gary88
02-14-10, 05:52 PM
There's also one downtown we can go to after the auto show. I'm just saying :shifty

thebigjimsho
02-14-10, 07:32 PM
hornballs...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-14-10, 08:33 PM

Is it just me, or does she look a LOT like Danica Patrick?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-14-10, 09:15 PM
Yeah, she does now that I think about it.

CadillacGurl
02-15-10, 11:21 AM
There's also one downtown we can go to after the auto show. I'm just saying :shifty

Expensive parking... there's one in Seven Bridges in the Burbs

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-15-10, 04:24 PM
^ Yah, about 2000 ft. from my house. Free parking, lots of room inside as well.

96Fleetwood
02-15-10, 07:25 PM
Elias, will you have either Friday or Saturday night off?

Possibly Friday night... Saturday I have hospitalist duty so I spend 28 hours in the hospital.. bleh. Sunday we meet with our accountant for tax time... I will try my best to meet up.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-10, 07:27 PM
Sunday we meet with our accountant for tax time... I will try my best to meet up.

That's funny, I thought Jews had sabbath on Sundays...

Expensive parking... there's one in Seven Bridges in the Burbs

And how do you know this? Frequent visitor or were you applying for a position??

gary88
02-15-10, 07:41 PM
That's funny, I thought Jews had sabbath on Sundays...

Jewish Sabbath is from Friday night to Saturday night. I know this because the website I buy camera gear from is Jewish-run and they don't accept orders then :shifty

thebigjimsho
02-15-10, 07:43 PM
kosher p00p.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-15-10, 08:06 PM
Jewish Sabbath is from Friday night to Saturday night. I know this because the website I buy camera gear fromis Jewish-run and they don't accept orders then :shifty

Man, you must have a lot of money!

JimmyH
02-15-10, 10:33 PM
Typical pub food. Burgers, fish n chips, chicken. Like I said though, you go for the scenery. http://www.tiltedkilt.com/

No thanks.

It is my experience that restaurants with hot waitresses spend their budget on the girls, not the food. Like Hooters and their microwave food.

It has been a long, long time since my priorities went from looking at girls to eating quality food.

thebigjimsho
02-15-10, 11:40 PM
Tony and I saw Tasha Yar at a Hooters in Jacksonville...

Lord Cadillac
02-16-10, 12:44 AM
No racing, just enjoying the addictive torquey power of the Supercharged 3.8. I was doing between 85-95 mph across a bridge late at night, and I passed the cop, he threw on his lights, pulled me over & asked me how fast I was going. I told him I was doing 85, he clocked me doing 89. He told me the only reason I got it lowered was because I didn't lie about my speed (apparently everyone lies, or so he said) and because I have a clean record. He was a nice cop.

Cool!

creamy....talk about a sausage fest...

and yes, I think we have more meets than any other geographical subset of this forum.

I hate sausage. :p And, yeah - Chicago does seem to have the biggest meets (heh). They definitely have the coolest Cadillac shirts...

I'm changing my Friday night dinner request from BWW to The Tilted Kilt. I forgot they built one by me about a year ago. I have yet to actually eat there but I have walked in a few times. Lets just say the scenery is spectacular. :D

The Tilted Kilt wins... Flawless victory! Brutality....

CadillacGurl
02-16-10, 12:45 PM
And how do you know this? Frequent visitor or were you applying for a position??

It is right by the movie theater I go to as well as Buffalo Wild Wings

Ranger
02-16-10, 01:01 PM
So where should I meet everyone and when?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-16-10, 01:30 PM
Hotel, 5 or 5:30 I'd say.

Ranger
02-16-10, 05:25 PM
Oakbrook Double tree?

MacMuse
02-16-10, 06:02 PM
Would anyone be able to bring some of those fine CadillacOwners vinyl clings/stickers? I'm sure I'd pick one up Friday evening if it was on hand.

gdwriter
02-16-10, 06:26 PM
Would anyone be able to bring some of those fine CadillacOwners vinyl clings/stickers? I'm sure I'd pick one up Friday evening if it was on hand.Yes, Sal, could you bring a couple? I'd like to have a spare for Sabrina should it get torn in a car wash, and Cruella needs one.

gdwriter
02-16-10, 06:29 PM
Oakbrook Double tree?Yes, that's the one (http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/CHIOADT-Doubletree-Hotel-Chicago-Oak-Brook-Illinois/index.do).

http://maps.hilton.com/mq3/mqserver.dll?e=0&GetMapFromSession.1=SessionID:4b7b1c24-02db-ffff-02b6-6d83-000d60ecfdc6,DisplayState.1:0,72,1,Authentication. 2:,,,-1952773320,

CateraMV6
02-16-10, 06:36 PM
Any chance someone can sum up what exactly will be happing during Friday and Saturday.

I was planning a Catera meet for this weekend and I just got a message from one of your guys saying we should come hang out with you guys.
So I need to relay some info back to them.

We were thinking about getting together in a park for some hang out time with the cars, a photoshoot etc... is this happening with you guys?

As for the autoshow I knwo some of the guys will be interested in doing that as well but they will probably be driving together.

We will have 3-5 Cateras all together it seems.

Here is a link to our discussion and plans.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/192137-chicago-meet.html#post2151982

JimmyH
02-16-10, 07:06 PM
Actually, I think most of the folks at this meet don't even own Cadillacs :D Most of those who do won't have them with anyway.

It is hard to get this crowd to finalize anything, so if anyone wants to call me Friday evening, 847-420-2433

thebigjimsho
02-16-10, 07:31 PM
It is hard to get this crowd to finalize anything, so if anyone wants to call me Friday evening, 847-420-2433
Understatement. Of. The. Year...

JimmyH
02-16-10, 07:33 PM
^^most prolific poster in this forum who does not live here, nor attends any meets

put up or shut up mr. 556hp

thebigjimsho
02-16-10, 08:13 PM
^^most prolific poster in this forum who does not live here, nor attends any meets

put up or shut up mr. 556hp
I do not put up with unstructured gatherings...

JimmyH
02-16-10, 08:51 PM
No, rather a bunch of sho guys in a field...

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-16-10, 08:55 PM
Any chance someone can sum up what exactly will be happing during Friday and Saturday.

I was planning a Catera meet for this weekend and I just got a message from one of your guys saying we should come hang out with you guys.
So I need to relay some info back to them.

We were thinking about getting together in a park for some hang out time with the cars, a photoshoot etc... is this happening with you guys?

As for the autoshow I knwo some of the guys will be interested in doing that as well but they will probably be driving together.

We will have 3-5 Cateras all together it seems.

Here is a link to our discussion and plans.
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-catera-cimarron-forum/192137-chicago-meet.html#post2151982

If you guys wanna do some pictures of cars that is up to you. Right now doing that would be absolutely pointless since everything is filthy and covered in salt. As Jimmy said, most of us either don't own a Caddy anymore or they (like mine is) are in storage for the winter. The Autoshow meet is just for hanging out. The summer meet is when we show off our cars.

Plans: Meet at hotel 5-5:30 on Friday, go out to eat and then whatever afterward. Saturday we're going to the show, then out to eat, then whatever for the night. Things aren't really planned and times will be arranged according to how hungover everyone is.

JimmyH
02-16-10, 10:10 PM
I dont think anything has ever been planned since Nick stopped running the show. Even then, those plans were very loose.

STILL WAITING FOR JESDA TO LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE HOTEL ROOM!!!!

JESDA

JESDA

JESDA!!!!

CateraMV6
02-16-10, 10:12 PM
I see, thats all cool, I think a few of us are eager to get together and show each others cars since they are all daily drivers for most of us, and it will be the very first catera meet ever so a lot of us are eager to see the rest of the cars on the forum.
Not only that but 3-4 cateras in 1 parking lot will be more then anyone has ever seen at one time in their life, so for us it will be quite a sight.

I am all game for getting together Friday evening for anything. Just keep posting if anything else gets changed.

Ranger
02-16-10, 10:40 PM
Yes, that's the one (http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/hotel/CHIOADT-Doubletree-Hotel-Chicago-Oak-Brook-Illinois/index.do).

http://maps.hilton.com/mq3/mqserver.dll?e=0&GetMapFromSession.1=SessionID:4b7b1c24-02db-ffff-02b6-6d83-000d60ecfdc6,DisplayState.1:0,72,1,Authentication. 2:,,,-1952773320,

OK, I'll find it.

As Jimmy said, most of us either don't own a Caddy anymore or they (like mine is) are in storage for the winter.
Mine's a daily driver, but I'll wash her first.

JimmyH
02-16-10, 10:42 PM
I dont think anything has ever been planned since Nick stopped running the show. Even then, those plans were very loose.

STILL WAITING FOR JESDA TO LET ME KNOW ABOUT THE HOTEL ROOM!!!!

JESDA

JESDA

JESDA!!!!

nevermind

JimmyH
02-16-10, 10:42 PM
I will definitely be hitting a car wash Friday.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-16-10, 11:22 PM
Me too. Haven't washed the Lincoln since about mid November.

GizmoQ
02-16-10, 11:23 PM
I refuse to change to my summer wheels, but I will rinse her off on Friday when I arrive in Chicago.

gdwriter
02-16-10, 11:34 PM
Should I ask Alaska Airlines to hose off their 737 so I won't look tacky when I arrive? :rofl:

Ranger
02-16-10, 11:49 PM
I refuse to change to my summer wheels, but I will rinse her off on Friday when I arrive in Chicago.

We won't hold that against you Gizmo.

MacMuse
02-17-10, 12:00 AM
I got two washes left on my 4-ride ticket to Delta Sonic. I even added the $1 tire dressing on today's pass, which makes the tread look like whitewalls against the suddenly shiny black sidewalls.

(must keep repeating, I love my WHITE car, I love my WHITE car)

If a bunch (flock?, gaggle?, murder?) of Cateras are showing up I'll definitely drop in for a while to see that. Try to gather on the west side of the hotel for the best available lighting. (EDIT: make that the south side. west is a pond)

And a question to other locals with more Car Show experience than me (none) - do local dealers have ticekts? Any freebies?

MacMuse
02-17-10, 12:04 AM
More info on the hotel...

Construction is cleaned up, and access to the DoubleTree is about as easy as it can get. I drove the area today to check the access.

If you come in from north/O'Hare, south or east/Midway then get yourself to the intersection of I-355 & I-88. Take I-88 west and immediately watch for signs about Cermak / 22nd St. Take that exit. The exit dumps to a stop light. Go straight (crossing 22nd & McD next to Corp HQ). Hotel is two lights north on the right.

If you come in from the west on I-88, good luck. Take the Midwest Rd. exit unless another exit is available after that but before I-294 - this is the rebuilt area, not sure if they added an exit or not. Go east on 22nd to Spring Rd, left to the hotel.

Despite what Google shows, the DoubleTree is at the NE corner of Spring & Harger, not a block or two north of that intersection.

GizmoQ
02-17-10, 12:07 AM
We won't hold that against you Gizmo.

This winter's been brutal on Quelili. Between the snow, ice, and salt, I probably got several new spots starting to rust. Last weekend, a pothole on IL-127 ate a tire and bent two rims. I'm going to have to replace every part of the suspension this Spring: bearings, shocks, brakes, and rotors. I have the new wing on order, but I an waiting to drop my cash on the blower till I can set a date for AJ to tune it.

GizmoQ
02-17-10, 12:08 AM
Should I ask Alaska Airlines to hose off their 737 so I won't look tacky when I arrive? :rofl:

No amount of polish is gonna make that dog look better! Boeing 777 is the way to fly!

MacMuse
02-17-10, 12:26 AM

Hold on there bucko - You're coming? I thought it was Hoover's turn for a vacation.

AHazzardToAll
02-17-10, 12:27 AM
.....Not only that but 3-4 cateras in 1 parking lot will be more then anyone has ever seen at one time in their life, so for us it will be quite a sight.

Lies. I had 5 sitting in my driveway once. Bros for breaks, sis tor trans filter, and girlfriends was getting heater bypass valve. Then mine and my dad's which stay at the house. Needless to say we like the cateras. :p All 99 and up though.

I'm considering coming up on friday night after classes, but i wouldn't be up there until about 7, then most the day on saturday. Anyone know somewhere close and cheap to stay? Being a college student my wallet feels almost non-existent in my back pocket most of the time. :o

gdwriter
02-17-10, 12:37 AM
No amount of polish is gonna make that dog look better! Boeing 777 is the way to fly!I would love to fly a 777, but nobody flies them out of PDX. The 767 I flew to Hawaii in December was awfully nice, however. So rare to get a wide-body unless you're flying international these days. What I really want to fly is a 787 and a 747-8.

Hold on there bucko - You're coming? I thought it was Hoover's turn for a vacation.He gets to go to doggy day care while I'm gone. This is my third-annual trip to the Chicago auto show.

Ranger
02-17-10, 12:43 AM
This winter's been brutal on Quelili. Between the snow, ice, and salt, I probably got several new spots starting to rust. Last weekend, a pothole on IL-127 ate a tire and bent two rims. I'm going to have to replace every part of the suspension this Spring: bearings, shocks, brakes, and rotors. I have the new wing on order, but I an waiting to drop my cash on the blower till I can set a date for AJ to tune it.
Tell me about it. See my "Rust, I'm pissed" post in the Deville section.

GizmoQ
02-17-10, 01:14 AM
Tell me about it. See my "Rust, I'm pissed" post in the Deville section.

Just read the thread. Damn that sucks! "Squeaky wheel" syndrome seems to be the only way to get anything done right nowadays.

I intend to file a claim against the state for the wheels and tire damage, but don't expect much. Funny though, I called 911 to get a police report and the two cops that came out basically gave me the cold shoulder, didn't want to report it cause it had already been reported. I said if that's the case report it anyway and I'll file a claim, they laughed. Then another car came by and blew out his tire. Sounded like a gunshot. All of a sudden, they want to do something about it before someone gets injured, but when it happened to me - no big deal. :banghead:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-17-10, 08:17 PM
I'm a little late to the topic, but I'm definitely planning on washing Dominique before I gas up & hit the road on Friday morning.

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 12:34 AM
stupid names...

JimmyH
02-18-10, 12:38 AM
I have never named any of my cars, never really understood that. My 06 CTS and the V were named by some of the guys at work.

Jesda
02-18-10, 01:12 AM
Some cars deserve names. A Camry, no, unless its a 1990 with 300,000 miles and a unique odor.

The Saab, yes, but it gets named after a bird known for blocking the road with its parade of slow-moving offspring: "Ducky"

My STS is showing its age, and this fall I intend to catch up on neglect. I was hoping to take the Caddy in for strut replacement but forgot to do it, and I cant be without the car since the Saab is back in the shop for an alternator. I guess it makes sense to beat the piss out of the old strut in Chicago before replacing it.

GizmoQ
02-18-10, 02:38 AM
Some cars deserve names. A Camry, no, unless its a 1990 with 300,000 miles and a unique odor.

The Saab, yes, but it gets named after a bird known for blocking the road with its parade of slow-moving offspring: "Ducky"

Quelili is the locals name for an extinct bird of prey, the Caracara. The first recorded species intentionally driven to extinction by man. Fitting I think.

My STS is showing its age, and this fall I intend to catch up on neglect. I was hoping to take the Caddy in for strut replacement but forgot to do it, and I cant be without the car since the Saab is back in the shop for an alternator. I guess it makes sense to beat the piss out of the old strut in Chicago before replacing it.

My sentiments exactly! Why trash my summer wheels. The winter wheels/tires are already trashed.

Speaking of trashed, isn't the weather supposed to get real ugly Sunday - ice, sleet, and snow!

gdwriter
02-18-10, 02:45 AM
^^^Not according to The Weather Channel (http://beta.weather.com/weather/weekend/USIL0225).

GizmoQ
02-18-10, 02:46 AM

Quelili is the locals name for an extinct bird of prey, the Caracara. The first recorded species intentionally driven to extinction by man. Fitting I think.

My sentiments exactly! Why trash my summer wheels. The winter wheels/tires are already trashed.

Speaking of trashed, isn't the weather supposed to get real ugly Sunday - ice, sleet, and snow!

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 10:03 AM
Gizmo is poasting from his car...again...

Lord Cadillac
02-18-10, 11:58 AM
Chicago is going to be cold as F! isn't it?! This blows! Boy am I looking forward to this! :p At night, it's going to feel like it's in the single digits... Holy crap!

gary88
02-18-10, 12:23 PM
It should be in the mid 30s for the weekend, which is like a heat wave around here. It's 35 right now and I've already seen people walking around without jackets.

Ranger
02-18-10, 12:37 PM
COLD? This ain't cold. Sal, you don't know the meaning of the word.

So, I'm gonna leave around 3:30 just to be safe. I should get there 4:30 - 5:00. I'll just park myself in the lobby til I see someone.

gdwriter
02-18-10, 01:10 PM
For Chicago in February, it's actually not bad, according to the Weather Channel (http://beta.weather.com/weather/weekend/USIL0225). Still frigid if you're from Florida, though.

Lord Cadillac
02-18-10, 01:34 PM
Hey, I lived in New York for like 34 years. :p I know cold! It "feels" like the upper 30s here in the morning lately.. Where the hell did Florida go?!

thebigjimsho
02-18-10, 04:12 PM
It's 45 here today and it feels like 70. I wish I didn't have a massive headache today so I could actually enjoy it...

Ranger
02-18-10, 04:39 PM
Hey, I lived in New York for like 34 years. :p I know cold! It "feels" like the upper 30s here in the morning lately.. Where the hell did Florida go?!
It damn near was. Northern Fla. was colder overnight than Chicago.

GizmoQ
02-18-10, 07:22 PM
Gizmo is poasting from his car...again...

Who told...

Actually its 63 here in Dallas and there's no law that I know of against texting while piloting. :rolleyes:

I'll pick up Quelili in the morning in St louis and drive up to be at the hotel by 5.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-18-10, 08:11 PM
I'll be leaving Eagan at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Should be in Chicago area by 3:30. I'm meeting JD at his house around then.

Nutz
02-18-10, 09:00 PM
:pop2:

Lord Cadillac
02-18-10, 10:46 PM
I'll be in Chicago at 9:10am...

JimmyH
02-19-10, 12:34 AM

So whatever happened to the Spitfire? Too many laps around a parking lot?

JimmyH
02-19-10, 12:35 AM
COLD? This ain't cold. Sal, you don't know the meaning of the word.

So, I'm gonna leave around 3:30 just to be safe. I should get there 4:30 - 5:00. I'll just park myself in the lobby til I see someone.

Michelle said when she gets to the hotel, she will hang out in the lobby also. So you two might bump into each other.

Unless Sal bumps into you first :suspect:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-19-10, 01:16 AM
Hey, are we doing anything special on Sunday?

JimmyH
02-19-10, 01:50 AM
I'm babysitting on Sunday.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-19-10, 03:18 AM
Big ass brunch

Jesda
02-19-10, 05:48 AM
So whatever happened to the Spitfire? Too many laps around a parking lot?

Its Ian's burden now. I gave him a few grand and the keys and said peace out.

Lord Cadillac
02-19-10, 08:25 AM
My new arrival time is 5pm as I missed my 6:55am flight.

Stingroo
02-19-10, 08:40 AM
Sal: As a college student in Jacksonville right now, let me tell you where Florida went.

There is no Florida anymore.
Florida is gone.
We died, and this is Hell, frozen over.

(bonus points if anyone can identify what movie that's paraphrased from)

When you wake up in the morning, and the daily temperature starts with a 2, something is WRONG. When there is ICE in Deerfield Beach, something is WRONG. I do not trust this state. It's going to freeze us all. :(

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-19-10, 09:47 AM
I'm gonna have to skip this meet now. I double stacked my car payments (AGAIN) so now I'm out the money I needed for the trip.

Sorry you guys. You have no idea how mad I am. I'm actually thinking about quitting my job because there's just no money in it anymore.

hueterm
02-19-10, 10:14 AM
Oh man -- that is for suck -- they're gonna miss you.....

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-19-10, 10:18 AM
I'm livid. Absolutely livid right now.

CadillacGurl
02-19-10, 10:29 AM
Damn... this is gonna suck...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-19-10, 10:58 AM
Nevermind, I just found some "rainy day money" in my dresser and am now Chicago-bound!

GizmoQ
02-19-10, 12:34 PM
Oh man -- that is for suck -- they're gonna miss you.....

And your excuse is....

:stirpot:

I'll be leaving in an hour.

RightTurn
02-19-10, 12:44 PM
Sal: As a college student in Jacksonville right now, let me tell you where Florida went.

There is no Florida anymore.
Florida is gone.
We died, and this is Hell, frozen over.

(bonus points if anyone can identify what movie that's paraphrased from)

When you wake up in the morning, and the daily temperature starts with a 2, something is WRONG. When there is ICE in Deerfield Beach, something is WRONG. I do not trust this state. It's going to freeze us all. :(

Global warming. :coffee:

RightTurn
02-19-10, 12:45 PM
Have fun this weekend, Chicago Meet Guise!!!

gdwriter
02-19-10, 12:48 PM
Big ass brunchI see a Bloody Mary (or two) in my future. :alchi:

Having my usual Eggs Benedict @ Rose City Cafe @ PDX. My flight to ORD leaves at 10:10 Pacific time.

gdwriter
02-19-10, 12:50 PM
Have fun this weekend, Chicago Meet Guise!!!We'll miss you, darlin' :heart: Tony too. BigJim, not so much :lildevil:

MacMuse
02-19-10, 12:55 PM
Anyone else need a pickup at O'Hare this afternoon?? PM me if you do.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-19-10, 01:07 PM
Goodness, you people are taking forever to get here :D

gary88
02-19-10, 01:10 PM
I may be sitting out for today, my roommate decided to pass his cold on to me this week :banghead:

gdwriter
02-19-10, 01:22 PM
Goodness, you people are taking forever to get here :DOnly a four-hour flight for me. Will start boarding shortly.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-19-10, 02:00 PM
Just got a call from a friend of mine. She is going to be at the Tilted Kilt tonight around 7, but with a bunch of Focus and Taurus people. This'll be fun.

thebigjimsho
02-19-10, 02:12 PM
I see a Bloody Mary (or two) in my future. :alchi:

Having my usual Eggs Benedict @ Rose City Cafe @ PDX. My flight to ORD leaves at 10:10 Pacific time.
That's right now!! Gary is Windy City bound...

thebigjimsho
02-19-10, 02:13 PM
Just got a call from a friend of mine. She is going to be at the Tilted Kilt tonight around 7, but with a bunch of Focus and Taurus people. This'll be fun.
Really? Maybe I'll come, then...

thebigjimsho
02-19-10, 02:14 PM
We'll miss you, darlin' :heart: Tony too. BigJim, not so much :lildevil:
Spoken like a butt-hurt liberal... :stirpot:

Lord Cadillac
02-19-10, 02:22 PM
I'll head straight the hotel and meet up with whoever is there then. I'm at the airport (again) now.

Jesda
02-19-10, 03:03 PM
Im at home on the can in St Louis. Need to throw my clothes in the dryer.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-19-10, 03:05 PM
Thanks for sharing Jesda. Git yer rear in gear and be up here by dinner.

cvpiftw
02-19-10, 03:15 PM
Where you guys meetin at. I might have to drop by and say Hi.

gdwriter
02-19-10, 03:46 PM
Spoken like a butt-hurt liberal... :stirpot:Or a Patriots fan :histeric:

Just giving you shit, Jim. Because I can.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-19-10, 03:49 PM
Oak Brook Double Tree - between 5:00 and 5:30

http://www.doubletreeoakbrook.com/

Jesda
02-19-10, 04:04 PM
Waiting for my brother to show up. Ugh.

MacMuse
02-19-10, 04:16 PM
Waiting for my brother to show up. Ugh.

Guess we'll see you at at 7pm (without a speeding ticket), or 9pm (with a speeding ticket).

Lord Cadillac
02-19-10, 04:32 PM
I could probably be at the hotel by 5:30. I think. It'll be close...

thebigjimsho
02-19-10, 04:38 PM
Sounds fun, guys. You have it.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-19-10, 05:49 PM
Lincoln is washed. See y'all in an hour.

Nutz
02-19-10, 08:18 PM
Poasting on the shitter FTW.

GizmoQ
02-20-10, 01:16 AM
OK, Dinner was GREAT fun!

Now what are we doing for breakfast with Jesda?

JimmyH
02-20-10, 02:41 AM
holy crap, sal is banging gary, what has this meet come to

Jesda
02-20-10, 05:18 AM
Im surrounded by aircraft geeks

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-20-10, 05:46 AM
Lol. W're just knowledgable on certain things, but I am no expert.

hueterm
02-20-10, 09:20 AM
:postpics:

MacMuse
02-20-10, 10:00 AM

I knew I left just in time.

Lord Cadillac
02-20-10, 12:31 PM
Bunch of drunken F'ers! Well I'm awake. Everyone else still sleeping?

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-20-10, 12:39 PM
No, I'm up and Chad should be as well since he messaged me earlier. Eating breakfast right now, will be at the hotel around 11 I hope.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-20-10, 12:58 PM
I'm up and showered, Gary is in shower now. Jimmy & Michelle are down in lobby now. I texted Jesda but he hasn't awoke yet.

JimmyH
02-20-10, 01:27 PM
Bunch of single hungover bastards. I have been bouncing around the hotel for about 3 hours now waiting for everyone to transform from zombies into people.

I suppose it is my own fault. I awoke at 8:00 wondering why there were not 60 lbs of maniac jumping in my bed and arguing like very other morning of my life for the past 3 years.

Ranger
02-20-10, 02:45 PM
I knew I left just in time.
Hehe, me too. Boy that was close. What are you guys doing tonight?

GizmoQ
02-20-10, 11:15 PM
Hehe, me too. Boy that was close. What are you guys doing tonight?

Just finished eating at...

Giordannos

Ranger
02-20-10, 11:50 PM
Too late now. I'm parked at home and on my second martini.:alchi:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-21-10, 12:23 AM
Nice meeting you Larry! Any chance you'll come down tomorrow?

Ranger
02-21-10, 12:26 AM
My pleasure.

Tomorrow? What's planned for tomorrow?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
02-21-10, 12:43 AM
Dunno yet. We'll post our plans as soon as we know them.

Ranger
02-21-10, 12:45 AM
Hehe, that'll be last minute, but I'll check in the morning.

MacMuse
02-21-10, 12:47 AM
How about now, got any plans now? ;)

Ranger
02-21-10, 12:50 AM
Yeah, finish my 3rd martini.

thebigjimsho
02-21-10, 12:51 AM
p00p.

gdwriter
02-21-10, 01:10 AM
Two martinis at Giordanos. Two vodka tonics back at the hotel. Going for a refill.

Ranger
02-21-10, 01:13 AM
Just poured my 4th (and last).

Lord Cadillac
02-21-10, 12:13 PM
Two martinis at Giordanos. Two vodka tonics back at the hotel. Going for a refill.
Damn, Gary... You missed an interesting evening (Gary was sleeping...).. Now remember, everyone.. What happens in Vegas - STAYS in Vegas. :o (Crap, we were in Chicago...)

GizmoQ
02-21-10, 06:01 PM
Back home again.

thebigjimsho
02-21-10, 06:58 PM
Stew pics are mandatory for these meets. I see no STEW....

JimmyH
02-22-10, 02:47 AM
there are several stew pictures. But as always, unfortunately, there are a half dozen threads dedicated to this meet. You shall half to keep track of them all like the rest of us.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood
02-22-10, 03:19 AM
Hey, if I remember right, a good 50% of the people there have the power to merge threads. Just sayin...

Jesda
02-22-10, 03:30 AM
My netbook is too small for thread merging powers. :)

thebigjimsho
02-22-10, 06:54 PM
That's what she said...

JimmyH
02-23-10, 02:08 PM

But it is utterly adorable. bigjim should be jealous.

thebigjimsho
02-24-10, 07:07 PM
But it is utterly adorable. bigjim should be jealous.
My Toshiba is the cuetest of all netbooks...

JimmyH
02-26-10, 02:04 PM
your Toshiba or your....no nevermind

thebigjimsho
02-27-10, 02:52 AM
hmm...

JimmyH
02-27-10, 02:56 PM
I would love to get my hands on your netbook.

thebigjimsho
02-27-10, 03:22 PM
You've already had your hands on my Gateway... In??

JimmyH
02-27-10, 06:50 PM
It's just not the same.

GizmoQ
02-27-10, 07:50 PM
Just stay the hell away from my tablet!

JimmyH
02-27-10, 10:13 PM
I could have some real fun with your tablet

thebigjimsho
02-27-10, 10:41 PM
I would love to flip and prod that tablet.

JimmyH
02-27-10, 10:45 PM
That would not be a good idea. You would be likely send his Eldo driving out into traffic on its own.

GizmoQ
02-28-10, 12:50 AM
I would love to flip and prod that tablet.

You're such a beast. You'd probably melt my harddrive.

thebigjimsho
03-01-10, 01:26 AM
http://www.runningwithquills.com/uploaded_images/SBVII-lo-res-754007.jpg

RightTurn
03-01-10, 10:28 PM
You two need to get a room. :alchi:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
03-01-10, 10:39 PM
Gross.

thebigjimsho
03-02-10, 10:55 AM
RT is just playing it cool...