: Shock, Air Suspensio for 2002 Escalade

bodeekwa
08-31-09, 03:57 PM
I need rear shocks for my 2002 Cadillac Escalade and I am wondering whats the difference of "AIR SUSPENSION SHOCKS" by Arnott / Bilstein for $359.00 a pair and "GM AIR SHOCKS" also from Arnott for $479.00 a pair.

I also noticed that the Bilstien product comes with an additional attachment. Confused on which ones I should get. Both were on ebay.

ESKY02
08-31-09, 07:49 PM
I used the stock gm ones on my 02 Denali, they worked fine. I am also looking for some more info on the Blistens. Im sure they are awesome, Blisten makes a good shock.

bodeekwa
08-31-09, 10:25 PM
what are those extra items that come with the Blisteins?

luxurylife33
08-31-09, 10:29 PM
The Bilsteins I got require that you cut the factory sensor plug to attach their "dummy sensor". Its a module to bypass the computer (tricking it). I kinda wish I went with the OEM shocks because I didnt realize you had to splice the factory lines. I saved the plugs, I might exchange them.

When filled with air, they feel just like OEM shocks... the bilsteins have a lifetime warranty.... OEMS have nothing .... arnott offers a 90 day satisfaction guarantee so i might exchange em... havent made up my mind.

bodeekwa
09-01-09, 12:39 AM
The Bilsteins I got require that you cut the factory sensor plug to attach their "dummy sensor". Its a module to bypass the computer (tricking it). I kinda wish I went with the OEM shocks because I didnt realize you had to splice the factory lines. I saved the plugs, I might exchange them.

When filled with air, they feel just like OEM shocks... the bilsteins have a lifetime warranty.... OEMS have nothing .... arnott offers a 90 day satisfaction guarantee so i might exchange em... havent made up my mind.

thanks for the info, think I might go with the OEM, dont want to hassle with bypassing any sensors.