: WTB a used CTV V in CA. Anyone able to help?

Rickerbucks
07-27-04, 01:14 PM
Hey guys. I'm on holiday in Southern CA from Canada and I'm wanting to buy a CTS V if I'm able to find the right deal. I was bidding on a black one on EBAY but it went past my limit. What I'm looking for must have the following so I doubt that one is available, but coming here and posting is worth a try.

Black (prefered)
Sunroof (optional)
Must be registered at least 6 months ending Aug 6th.
Must have 6000 plus miles

(The reason for the age and mileage demands is due to warranty transfer requirements to Canada)

I'm willing to pay $42,000 based on some ebay auctions that have closed with a similar criteria and I can post them if anyone wishes to suggest that I'm offerring to little. No flames please.

Please send replies to my yahoo address but I have my cell with me if anyone has a car for sale. svrickerby@yahoo.com

Note: I'd also be interested in a 2002 Z06 if anyone has one of those.

Thank you

PS: jeffgtx is in SF and is offerring a silver car in the for sale section but he does not allow email to be sent to him. So if Jeff sees this post then please reply.

Z06CADY
07-27-04, 04:22 PM
Did you mean with the motor and trans?

StealthV
07-27-04, 07:43 PM
$42,000 for a 6 month old V? You'll never get mine for that price. Now if you are serious about the Z06, the value of those are dropping like rocks the last few months.

One can buy a brand new '04 Z06 for around $45k and used ones at an even better value as everyone jumps ship to the C6. If you don't need the back seat, the cost effective solution for a new hotrod is obvious... :coolgleam

miscreant
07-27-04, 08:32 PM
Hey guys. I'm on holiday in Southern CA from Canada and I'm wanting to buy a CTS V if I'm able to find the right deal. I was bidding on a black one on EBAY but it went past my limit. What I'm looking for must have the following so I doubt that one is available, but coming here and posting is worth a try.

Black (prefered)
Sunroof (optional)
Must be registered at least 6 months ending Aug 6th.
Must have 6000 plus miles

(The reason for the age and mileage demands is due to warranty transfer requirements to Canada)

I'm willing to pay $42,000 based on some ebay auctions that have closed with a similar criteria and I can post them if anyone wishes to suggest that I'm offerring to little. No flames please.

Please send replies to my yahoo address but I have my cell with me if anyone has a car for sale. svrickerby@yahoo.com

Note: I'd also be interested in a 2002 Z06 if anyone has one of those.

Thank you

PS: jeffgtx is in SF and is offerring a silver car in the for sale section but he does not allow email to be sent to him. So if Jeff sees this post then please reply.

The only one I saw end less than $46000 in the last couple months that wasn't a "reserve not met" auction, was a guy who wouldn't post the VIN number, and when I email him he sent me a VIN of a brand new 2005 model that hadn't even been delivered yet :hmm: ...I think that auction ended at $42,700 or something. If you could really get them for $42,000 based on your requirements, I'd be buying them and shipping them here. They go through the Dallas auto auctions at about $45K w/ miles...

2004ctsv
07-27-04, 08:38 PM
Brother, if you can get one for 42K, run, don't walk.
At that price, it was probably wheel hopped up and down the track by some simpleton who spent $20K more than he had to. Now he has a pile of junk that he'll let you take off his hands for a 10K loss under what he paid.

Dreamin
07-27-04, 09:03 PM
...the good news is '02 Z06s can be had for mid-30s... low-30s if you look hard.

miscreant
07-27-04, 09:21 PM
...the good news is '02 Z06s can be had for mid-30s... low-30s if you look hard.
YEah, I was going to say that $42K could buy you a NICE '03 Z06...

Dreamin
07-27-04, 09:29 PM
Fire sale on C5's these days... i guess with the C6 coming out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2485371683&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62513

CVP33
07-27-04, 11:16 PM
PM me if you are truly interested. I will have one for sale August 13th and will have just under 12,000 miles. Mine is black with black interior and sunroof. I'm certain we CAN work something out. Taking offers. BTW, I'm in Chesapeake, VA.

I will be buying another in late August. Preferable another 2004. There are currently 38 available in my area. If I can't find a deal on a 2004, I will hold out for a 2005 redline with neutral interior.

Vedder
07-27-04, 11:21 PM
why are you buying another? :hmm:

CVP33
07-27-04, 11:27 PM
Because I can. I bought this one for GMS and would like to "turn" it.

Dreamin
07-28-04, 12:31 AM
...ashtrays are dirty...