: Performance Traction Management System

nradcad
08-30-09, 05:46 PM
I came across this video the other day:
http://www.corvetteblogger.com/index.cfm/2009/4/27/VIDEO-2010-Corvette-ZR1s-Performance-Traction-Management-System

From what I've read the V has a similar feature, without nearly as many selectable modes. Do y'all think this might become available for the V2 with a reflash of some type?

Caroutisine
08-30-09, 06:14 PM
Interesting. Shows how GM will always keep the Vette a step up from other cars in their lineup.

jvp
08-31-09, 10:57 AM
From what I've read the V has a similar feature, without nearly as many selectable modes. Do y'all think this might become available for the V2 with a reflash of some type?

I can 100% assure you it won't, unfortunately. The system in the ZR1 is different than the system that was initially designed for the V. GM's "internal political machine" decided that the system designed for the V wouldn't be brought to market, and it was shot.

:-(

jas

VetteOwner
09-06-09, 04:31 AM
Interestingly, I saw this for an August 17th posting on Cars.com:

"The CTS-V adopts the STS' Magnetic Ride Control, which reads the road and varies suspension settings to match driving conditions. An optional Performance Traction Management system aims to optimize traction with an eye toward maximizing acceleration — as opposed to conventional traction control, which mostly tries to optimize traction. GM's electronic stability system comes standard and includes a competitive mode that dials back its intrusiveness, allowing you to perform stunts you probably shouldn't try outside a racetrack."

And this from leftlanenews.com:
"Another electronic system -- Performance Traction Management -- is a traction control technology borrowed from championship racing. While most traction control programs monitor and control wheel slip for enhanced drivability in poor conditions, PTM regulates torque delivery to instantly match the available tire grip for maximum acceleration." In both articles they were referring to 2010 models. But jvp is probably right since when the PTM was added to the ZR1, its cost increased $2910.