: A few questions about the car...

abbas
08-30-09, 05:20 PM
1) Is there anyway to transfer my contacts from my cell phone to the car vs entering names one at a time?

2) Is there a keypad on the navigation screen to use or do I have to do the voice commands for every call that I would like to place?

3) When I leave the car, is there a way to get the car to lock it self besides clicking the door lock command on the wireless keychain?

thanx in advance.

Abbas

Fubar75207
08-30-09, 05:52 PM
1) not sure about this one

2) Yes... just press the "Dest" button on the dash (just below the "Nav" button), then use the touch screen from there.

3) Mine locks automatically, this may be an option you set-up using the interface on dash (left of the steering wheel). I have never locked it using the key fob (except to execute the autostart function)

nradcad
08-30-09, 06:14 PM
Does the car have a G meter?

abbas
08-30-09, 07:14 PM
Does the car have a G meter?

YES.

Thanx for the other info. I will look into. Still would like to know if you can transfer your contacts from a cell phone though..

nradcad
08-30-09, 07:55 PM
Does the tire pressure monitor give read outs of actual pressures?

nynd
08-30-09, 07:57 PM
Yeap it does...

nradcad
08-30-09, 10:33 PM
Wow, just keeps getting better and better.

abbas
09-02-09, 07:22 PM
Anyone know if (or how) when the car is put in the reverse, you can get the passenger side outside mirror, to tip down to show the wheels for parking? I know the Escalades have this feature and I would surprised if it is missing from the CTS-V.

Tasos
09-02-09, 07:28 PM
Anyone know if (or how) when the car is put in the reverse, you can get the passenger side outside mirror, to tip down to show the wheels for parking? I know the Escalades have this feature and I would surprised if it is missing from the CTS-V.

It's in our owner's manual but that reverse tilt is not on our cars. It seems the factory disabled that feature because of customer complaint and confusion.... go figure.

abbas
09-02-09, 07:34 PM
It's in our owner's manual but that reverse tilt is not on our cars. It seems the factory disabled that feature because of customer complaint and confusion.... go figure.

Customer complaint???:hmm: It is an on/off option. You dont have to use it if you dont want to. Go figure.

RWFJR
09-03-09, 03:23 PM
Does the tire pressure monitor give read outs of actual pressures?

Let's be careful about this one. I became suspicious of my on board tire pressure so I purchased a digital tire pressure gauge. Turns out that all four tires were incorrect by about 1-2 lbs on the low side. I backed this up at a Michelin Tire Shop in Waynesville NC when I got a nail in my LR. You might also consider nitrogen in your tires as it does not expand as much as air and has no moisture in it.

RWFJR
09-03-09, 03:27 PM

Another member of this Forum suggested that you tilt both mirrors to where you want them and then press into memory seat 2. Then when you back up, just press seat 2 and back to seat 1 going forward. I love it...

abbas
09-03-09, 05:33 PM
Another member of this Forum suggested that you tilt both mirrors to where you want them and then press into memory seat 2. Then when you back up, just press seat 2 and back to seat 1 going forward. I love it...

That is awesome. I will definitely do that. Great idea.