Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Damn wisdom Teeth

Tags
caddy ext knock
2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  majax 
#1 ·
So i had my stupid wisdom teeth taken out about an hour ago. All four and the doctor said they were hard to get to.....anyway im sitting here waiting to be entertained

#4 ·
I had all four done at once as well about ten years ago. They were all impacted so they put me to sleep (well i'm a wuss when it comes to pain so that had something to do with it too) for a few hours to break them out.

After the surgery they put gauze in my mouth. On the way home while I was still high as a kite that gauze pad worked loose and I will never forget how terified I was. I thought it was my tongue! I was convinced they had accidentally cut off my tongue and just left it in there. I was freaking out so bad they had to stop the car to get me back under control and convince me my tongue was still there.

On the up side atleast they give you some good pain medicine!

Steve B.

#5 ·
None of mine ever came in. They are all still impacted under the gum, and they are all in there sideways (north/south) laying on their sides. Many dentists freaked out when taking X-rays and seeing them there, and immediately wanting to remove them. Been there now for some 42 years and don't bother me.

#10 ·
Sandy said:
None of mine ever came in. They are all still impacted under the gum, and they are all in there sideways (north/south) laying on their sides. Many dentists freaked out when taking X-rays and seeing them there, and immediately wanting to remove them. Been there now for some 42 years and don't bother me.
Same here. Different dentists have raised the alarm for 25 years, but they've all had the same recommendation: I'll know best when it's time for them to go get them, if ever.

#11 ·
I had all four removed last spring...one was impacted. I was nervous (my first blood pressure results read like a 50 yr old 300-lb mcdonald lover's would). They knocked me out and half an hour later, they were done! The worst part was the queasy feeling from the drugs and the pain assoicated with where they stuck the novacaine needles (that's right..they knocked me out and numbed me up! in that order of course). The pain killers were a great relief, and I enjoyed Frusion yougurt during my recovery.

The pain quickly diminished over the next few days. The pain of the impacted tooth site was the most intense. I still had slight discomfort/pain after two weeks which is normal. I think I stopped taking the painkillers after about a week, Advil when needed after that.

Believe me, it's nothing to worry about for those who are due up for the operation. I was nervous too and even posted on another forum about what I should expect (Am I nerdy? yes.). It's nothing...drilling is worse. Also, the younger the better. My doctor had diagrams of teeth at certain ages, and the root goes deeper into the jawbone as you age. Patients over 40 would be in agony.

#12 ·
Msilva954 said:
STOP.....you guys make me nervouse........mine are just finishing coming in....(painfully I might add) and im hoping they dont grow in bad.
:lildevil: *Manicial laughter* :lildevil:

I had mine done a little over a week ago, all four. I'm in the stages of later recovery. If they knock you out and do it, you don't feel a thing and you become real funny! I apparently had the whole office in stitches (No pun intended) after I was Doped up. I truly lived up to my name that day. You'll prolly not feel any pain exceeding what you're feeling now so don't freak. I'm morbid so I enjoyed running my tongue over my stitches and holding the blood stained teeth they yanked out. It ain't so bad kiddo.

#15 ·
Stoneage_Caddy said:
oh my god ........dope you may just be more evil than i

mine need to come out , one is laying northsouth and really corwing things up undoing all the good the braces did . im not in pain so its on hold till i get other things done

Thats what I really worry about.....4 yrs of braces better not go down the drain.

#18 ·
heh, u are lucky! anways here's a lil' tip i got from my friends, drink a lot of pineapple juice before the operation! not like the day of, but like a week before. all of my friends who did it said they had no pain after the pullings. i'm just waiting on when the dentist is gonna say when mine come out :shhh: *also, the mouth heals the fastest out of any other part of your body.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.