: Interior Cabin Filter/Screen? 1986 FWB

tbcaddy18
08-29-09, 06:32 PM
Does anyone know if these cars (1986 FWB 307) were equipped with anything to reduce leaves and dust from entering the interior of the car through the A/C and Heater Vents?

I just fully cleaned and detailed the interior of my car and when I turned on the A/C I noticed a considerable amount of debris from the outside fly in (little bits of leaves, dust, etc)..its always happened to me and its really getting annoying.

I tried looking for a Cabin Filter a while ago but I don't think these years had them...

Any recommendations, ideas, similar problems?

Many thanks!
Taban

jayoldschool
08-29-09, 07:30 PM
There is no cabin filter...

pompste
08-29-09, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know if these cars (1986 FWB 307) were equipped with anything to reduce leaves and dust from entering the interior of the car through the A/C and Heater Vents?

I just fully cleaned and detailed the interior of my car and when I turned on the A/C I noticed a considerable amount of debris from the outside fly in (little bits of leaves, dust, etc)..its always happened to me and its really getting annoying.

I tried looking for a Cabin Filter a while ago but I don't think these years had them...

Any recommendations, ideas, similar problems?

Many thanks!
Taban

Honestly,this is the first i`ve heard of outside debris blowing in thru the vents to the interior.Best thing to do is to just keep area below the wipers under the hood clear of leaves etc.

N0DIH
08-30-09, 08:28 AM
GM added the cabin filter on the 99-02 truck, and then eliminated it on the 03-up.

Wish my 99 Suburban had it. My 00 Park Ave does. Pain to get to.

If you are creative you can probably add it yourself, the air intake is as the base of the windshield area, but likely not worth the work.