: '09 CTS-V, bone stock, which is faster?

Gary Wells
08-29-09, 06:07 PM
'09 CTS-V, bone stock, which would the V2 do better in?
Street race, standing start from the stoplight?
street race, go from about 30 MPH or so?
I was sort of goaded into a (edit) race this AM on the way to a cruise on a closed race course. A what appeared to be a not so stock Audi. We ran from about 25 or so. The CTS-V pulled him, I backed off when the CTS-V was about a half car ahead. Guy was not a happy camper, kept trying to bet me to go from a standing start. We were not more than about a 1/4 mile from where i thought that a LEO might be parked and waiting. I have nom idea at what speed I backed off at, but I did wee slightly over 6 lbs of boost. I did not bury my foot into it.
Thoughts?

thebigjimsho
08-29-09, 06:28 PM
ibtm + l...

Gary Wells
08-29-09, 06:30 PM
ibtm + l...
Gonna decipher that for a newbie, Jim?
I been there ?????

wfo
08-29-09, 06:47 PM
I guess...since you were ahead and then shut down, you would do better. Just a guess..:bigroll:

Razorecko
08-29-09, 06:51 PM
good thing you didnt take the bait. Audi's are awd odds are he'd dump at like 5k off a stop and smoke you up to 30mph and than shut down.

Gary Wells
08-29-09, 07:18 PM
I don't even know or remember if I was in touring or sport, and whether I was in sport mode in the tranny. I think that I was sport suspension & sport tranny but not shifting. I have to admit, it was a real kick, now I am thinking about mods?

SlvrBullIT
08-29-09, 08:11 PM
He wants to beat you in the traction war...556HP on 2 wheels vs. Modded Quattro.....

neuronbob
08-29-09, 08:23 PM
I think your approach in pulling back after a nice, short run was appropriate, especially if you thought LEO was nearby. :) Don't they crush racers' cars in that part of Cali if caught?

That said, the traction battle is indeed the Audi's, but the rest of the war should be the V's, I would think.

zr1vet
08-29-09, 09:14 PM
I don't even know or remember if I was in touring or sport, and whether I was in sport mode in the tranny. I think that I was sport suspension & sport tranny but not shifting. I have to admit, it was a real kick, now I am thinking about mods?

W4M handheld makes the tranny shift awesome. You can definitely feel the difference over stock and I'm using the min performance ECU tune too. Once I feel the need for a new rush I'll load the max tune.

thebigjimsho
08-29-09, 09:23 PM
I been there ?????
In Before The Move + Lock...

Gary Wells
08-29-09, 10:15 PM
good thing you didnt take the bait. Audi's are awd odds are he'd dump at like 5k off a stop and smoke you up to 30mph and than shut down.
We,,, Razor, I did get very lucky then, because after the Caddy beat him from a running start, we came to a light and I had already decided that anymore racing would be very dangerous for all concerned, he revved up to about 3K or so, maybe 3500 RPM, let his foot off of the brake, and that thing was gone. After that, he slowed till I caught up, gunned it, slowed, gunned it, and i just decided that it was not worth it. The best that I can say in my defense is that,"God always take care of the dumb". Guess that I just got lucky.

Rolex
08-29-09, 10:36 PM
I been there ?????

It's typically frowned upon to discuss illegal street racing anywhere on the site. But since your race this morning was on a closed track ;) ;) we'll let this thread slide.

nynd
08-29-09, 10:43 PM
You did the right thing. We don't want to condone irresponsible behavior, but isn't that smile after winning priceless?

Gary Wells
08-29-09, 11:02 PM
Oops, my bad, I will try and remember that. I guess that I am too used to turbo Buicks, where we even post kills, even in Kali. Thanks for the edit.

Prof
08-30-09, 09:25 AM
Street racing is illegal and stupid...

I am in remission, but not totally cured...I try so hard to be good...and only backslide occasionally these days.

Some day I will be free of the disease, but for now I am just trying very hard to get over the habit. :hide:

Rolex
08-30-09, 11:25 AM
I imagine it's tuff when you're driving the fastest sports sedan on the planet and every joe schmoe with a modded Audi, BMW, or Civic :hide: tries to take a poke at you. Just remember to keep it on the track. ;)

Hawkeye2
08-31-09, 09:25 AM
Here they had a hard time getting racing convictions. By definition in order for there to be a "race" you had to have a defined start and
finish. Since that rarely happens, racing tickets were hard to get convictions on. Now, they call it "stunting". The penalties are the
same as racing, and they can sieze your ride at the scene for one week.

SeanPlunk
09-07-09, 04:03 PM
Oops, my bad, I will try and remember that. I guess that I am too used to turbo Buicks, where we even post kills, even in Kali. Thanks for the edit.

He Gary (this is Brian's brother Sean) - congrats on the new car :worship:

haterinc
09-07-09, 05:55 PM
uggh i get so tired of hearing how street racing is illegal lol. so is fukn speeding, talking on cell phones, etc and if any of you hypocrites say you've never gotten on it showing off and exceeded any speed limits you're full of complete shit. i don't condone the sanctioned street races by any means, but honestly the height of the soap boxes around here simply make me laugh.