: RPM issue. please help.

ctsv5005
08-28-09, 01:17 PM
Rpm drops below 550 to 450ish...and then comes back up. why is this?.. it drops under light accelaration.is it something with the throttle body? what could be the problem? thanks in advance. This happens in traffic, and pretty low speeds, while i press the gas, and leave it the rpm comes down and then comes up to its normal place. couple of time the engine shut down too.

wh921
08-28-09, 05:41 PM
Haven't had this problem on my V. A few years back my friend's '99 NSX had a problem where whenever he let the revs drop by pressing the clutch or putting the car in neutral, the revs would drop way down, almost stall, and then go back up to a very rough idle.

At the time this happened, the car was about 7 years old and the mechanic found that it was due to a dirty throttle body. The valve wasn't opening and closing properly, so it would choke off air from the engine. The mechanic took it apart, cleaned it out, and the car ran as good as new.

Don't know if that's the problem with your V since the car is still new, but the throttle body is definitely a good place to start looking for the culprit.

tbss08
08-29-09, 01:02 PM
Mine acted very similar to this. It finally threw a code for a MAF sensor, the clip was loose which attaches the wire to the sensor. Clipped it in good and no further issues.

ctsv5005
08-29-09, 02:00 PM
Haven't had this problem on my V. A few years back my friend's '99 NSX had a problem where whenever he let the revs drop by pressing the clutch or putting the car in neutral, the revs would drop way down, almost stall, and then go back up to a very rough idle.

At the time this happened, the car was about 7 years old and the mechanic found that it was due to a dirty throttle body. The valve wasn't opening and closing properly, so it would choke off air from the engine. The mechanic took it apart, cleaned it out, and the car ran as good as new.

Don't know if that's the problem with your V since the car is still new, but the throttle body is definitely a good place to start looking for the culprit.

Cleaned the Throttle Body, problem solved! thanks bro.

nynd
08-29-09, 10:46 PM
Was the throttle body already dirty with carbon? Or do you think cleaning it freed up the linkages...

Titaniumseeker
08-30-09, 10:15 AM
Cleaned the Throttle Body, problem solved! thanks bro.

Mine is behaving the same and I only have 2200K miles. Hummmmm.....

CadV
08-30-09, 01:07 PM
In my experience so far, my car does not like the ls2 throttle body at all. It has displayed some crazy behavior with it on there.

From shuttering transmission, not wanting to downshift. All of which goes away when I put the stock one on.

One thing to mention is my LS2 is ported and polished and Jesse did mention he saw some craziness when he tested one.