: 2009 CTS-V: Tips and Tricks

Country
08-28-09, 12:52 PM
1. in navigation view, touch the street name on the display and up pops the cross street info. Touch again and it goes back to just showing the street name.

2. In navigation view, touch Nav button again and it shows traffic, touch it again and it splits the screen between audio and traffic. Touch again and it goes back to the full Nav view.

3. In audio mode, touch Audio and it circles from AM to FM to XM to CD/DVD to HDD.

4. In audio mode, touch Fav in AM, FM, or XM mode and it circles your favorites

5. Touch the speaker button on the right side of the steering wheel (without holding it down) and it mutes the speakers. Touch it again and sound is reinstated.

6. With digital speedo readout as your default dashboard visual, touch the down arrow twice to view your total odometer miles. Touch the up arrow twice to return to digital speedo readout.

7. In the sunroof, remember which button opens the cover and which one opens the window by thinking “Convential Wisdom” or “CW.” The first button (to the left) opens the Cover and the one on the right opens the Window.

8. If you have OnStar, simply call and ask them to download a location into your GPS. Within second, driving directions will appear on your navigation window.

9. The buttons on screen at the bottom of the HDD window (playlist, album, artist, genre, etc.) can be used to store your favorites from your music hard drive. For example, if you want to store all your Frank Sinatra music, then cue up a Frank Sinatra song, push the artist button, then push and hold one of the six blank buttons. “Frank S” will appear and it will be stored. Do the same for your favorite Albums. As for “Playlist,” you have six you can store. When you want to add any individual song to a playlist, while the song is playing, simply hold down the number at the bottom of the screen where you want to store it.

10. Pushing the info button brings up weather. Or you can push and hold down the talk button on the right side of your steering wheel. When it beeps, simply say “weather” and weather info appears.

Can you add any?

neuronbob
08-28-09, 01:41 PM
I just discovered random mode when using my iPod.

With AUX on, select "songs" and all songs on your iPod/mp3 player/thumbdrive are listed. Select "random" and you will hear your songs in random order.

Now I don't have to fiddle with the AUX controls while I'm driving.

JFJr
08-28-09, 05:29 PM
With AUX on, select "songs" and all songs on your iPod/mp3 player/thumbdrive are listed. Select "random" and you will hear your songs in random order.I noticed that when I play songs from my thumb drive using "random," subsequent times on different days, the system seems to "remember" the initial random selection and doesn't appear to vary from those selected, so that on short trips, I'm listening to basically the same ones over and over. Anyone else experience this?

Malibu310
08-28-09, 06:31 PM
If you got an Automatic it starts out in second gear - moving the shift lever to the right places the transmission in sport mode - then it starts out in first, considerably quicker off the line!

neuronbob
08-28-09, 06:32 PM
I've got thousands of songs on my iPod and haven't had the opportunity to experience this yet.

You can repeat the method I used above to unrandomize the songs, then re-randomize and it should do it in a different order.

edsuski
08-28-09, 09:12 PM
Pressing the egress button (between the seat position 1 and 2) and the seat will go quite far back and the steering wheel will move all the way up. You probably knew that. But, did you know that (after making sure no one is in the seat behind you) if you press it again - the seat moves even further back? Press it yet again and it moves back once again.

I recently had knee surgery and being able to move the driver’s seat (Racaro's) this far back has really saved me. Give it a try but make sure nothing is blocking the seat.

Ed

Country
08-29-09, 01:59 AM
No need to hold down the turn signal lever when you want to change lanes. That's because a quick downward move of the lever will cause the turn signal to flash three full times.

Tasos
08-29-09, 02:15 AM
If you use your right foot to depress the right pedal for longer than a few seconds you could be going to jail.

thebigjimsho
08-29-09, 01:10 PM
4_YotPzoxHY

Caroutisine
08-29-09, 04:12 PM
I like the fact that the rear doors open without opening the front doors first or pressing unlock on the fob like the STS. Just have the fob in your pocket, pull on one of the rear handles, and it unlocks. Pull it again and the door opens. Comes in handy when putting things in or helping kids into the back seat before wanting to open the front door first.

RWFJR
08-29-09, 04:17 PM
No need to hold down the turn signal lever when you want to change lanes. That's because a quick downward move of the lever will cause the turn signal to flash three full times.

OK...Thats one I missed in the book. Good thread...

neuronbob
08-29-09, 04:33 PM
If you use your right foot to depress the right pedal for longer than a few seconds you could be going to jail.

:rofl: HEY, that's not in the owner's manual! (But it should be.)

Country
08-29-09, 10:09 PM
I like the fact that the rear doors open without opening the front doors first or pressing unlock on the fob like the STS. Just have the fob in your pocket, pull on one of the rear handles, and it unlocks. Pull it again and the door opens. Comes in handy when putting things in or helping kids into the back seat before wanting to open the front door first.

Great tip. For my first month of ownership, I have been opening the driver's door, then closing it, then opening the rear door. I'll try your trick tomorrow.

marktanner
08-30-09, 02:27 PM
Another thing not in the manual (but IS in the '08 manual) is that you can completely disable the StabiliTrak and the Traction control, if you dare. Just press the TC button on the left spoke for up to ten seconds until the yellow triangle appears. The DIC will say StabiliTrak off, or something like that. This is different than competitive mode. One click to the button restores the Stabilitrak.

thebigjimsho
08-30-09, 09:28 PM
Just like the V1...

Nutz
08-30-09, 11:36 PM
Pressing the phone hang up button on the steering wheel mutes the radio when it comes time to pay the toll booth attendant.

Caroutisine
08-30-09, 11:48 PM
Not really a tip, but I noticed the fan speed the cuts down on an incoming call so you can hear better.

Barry626
08-31-09, 04:55 AM
Pressing the phone hang up button on the steering wheel mutes the radio when it comes time to pay the toll booth attendant.

I do believe you mean the "Answer" button not the hang up button.

thebigjimsho
08-31-09, 07:22 AM
Welcome to archaic Ohio...

Nutz
08-31-09, 08:56 AM
I do believe you mean the "Answer" button not the hang up button.Yep. It's the answer button.

Country
08-31-09, 10:26 PM

This DOES NOT work for me. With the doors locked, pulling on the rear handle does not unlock the doors. Without using the fob, I still have to open the front door, close it, then open the back door. Am I missing something?

edsuski
08-31-09, 11:15 PM
This DOES NOT work for me. With the doors locked, pulling on the rear handle does not unlock the doors. Without using the fob, I still have to open the front door, close it, then open the back door. Am I missing something?

In both cases you have to have the key fob in your pocket but, you do not have to open the front door first to open the back door. Just make sure the key fab is close to the car, pull the rear door handle once and then a second time immediately again and the door will open.

Ed

tedcmiller
08-31-09, 11:37 PM
The described procedure for opening the rear doors is clearly defined in the owner's manual and it works quite well for me. If it does not work as described, either there is a problem or operator error.

Caroutisine
08-31-09, 11:46 PM
In both cases you have to have the key fob in your pocket but, you do not have to open the front door first to open the back door. Just make sure the key fab is close to the car, pull the rear door handle once and then a second time immediately again and the door will open.

Ed

Yes, it works everytime on mine. You have to pull on it 2 times.

neuronbob
09-01-09, 12:52 AM
Exactly. You pull on the rear handle two times. Works every time for me as well.

Country
09-01-09, 01:09 AM
Exactly. You pull on the rear handle two times. Works every time for me as well.

If I can't get it to work, I'll check with the dealer at my first oil change. Tried a number of times today with no luck. I often put items in the back seat, so this feature would be very valuable. Will also search out where it's listed in the manual to use a backup for the dealer.

Hawkeye2
09-01-09, 09:42 AM
I think you can program the lock - unlock feature in the DIC. Mine works, and I set it up that way. Someone may have fiddled with yours
at the dealership or the factory before it left.

Country
09-01-09, 12:23 PM
I think you can program the lock - unlock feature in the DIC. Mine works, and I set it up that way. Someone may have fiddled with yours
at the dealership or the factory before it left.

I checked it one more time and my driver side back door doesn't work, but my passenger side does. I even tried setting the child lock on the door to see if that changed anything. So this is my first and only problem for the dealer.

V-Beach
09-10-09, 02:53 PM
I just noticed last night, for the first time, that just before you hit the red-line, the tach lights start to blink like a shift light.

UaeCTS-V
09-11-09, 06:34 PM
How can i view my digital speedo when iam speeding lets say 100+mph i keep getting the read "vehicle overspeed"

UAEmonster
09-18-09, 02:54 PM
How can i view my digital speedo when iam speeding lets say 100+mph i keep getting the read "vehicle overspeed"

It's not gone .. ! :( am facing the same problem ! i just wana get rid of it .