: Which one would you keep

CaddyshackCadillac
08-27-09, 09:32 PM
:wambulance::preach:Ok ive got a 1993 cadillac fleetwood brougham w/96,000 miles and i have a 1999 chevy tahoe 2 door 154,000 mind you i live in the north east and i am force to get rid of one due to lack of space and lack of cash

Stingroo
08-27-09, 10:04 PM
Do you have any other vehicles that could be used for winter? If not, I'd say get rid of the Cadillac, sadly, because its better to sell it to someone who will use it and be safe than to have it possibly ruined by the snow.

Bro-Ham
08-27-09, 11:13 PM
I say go out and make some more money and sell them both and buy something FANTASTIC! :)

Aron9000
08-28-09, 01:17 AM
I'd sell the Cadillac. Not a fan of that blue top, and I've seen those aftermarket carriage tops trap water and completely rust the roof out.

I've always had a fetish for the K5 blazer as well, especially the last gen ones like yours.

thefleetwoodguy
08-28-09, 10:15 AM
keep the fltwd!!!:thumbsup:

gdorell
08-28-09, 10:18 AM
id have to agree, the 2 door blazer would stay in my garage.

Stingroo
08-28-09, 10:33 AM
Don't get me wrong, I love the fleetwood, that's a nice looking car, but for practicality's sake, stick with the Tahoe.

Plus, maybe a little down the road you can buy yourself a 94-96 LT1 Fleetwood. :D

Cadillacboy
08-28-09, 02:29 PM
Get rid of those two and buy an LT1 Fleetwood , if there is no other option then keep the Fleetwood

CaddyshackCadillac
08-28-09, 04:44 PM
HONESTLY im prolly one of the few pro l05 fleetwood lovers caddy has never been a sports car the ft pounds of torque are similar and any thing else is excessive i dont drive my fleet anything other than a light touch on the pedal and let me glide down the road ....also i love how as a do it yourselfer how easy alot of this stuff is for this engine ive saved alot of money by being able to do my own work so lt1 fleetwood eh over rated in my book but to each there own... alltho i gotta say that tahoe got balls since the high flow magnaflow cats and magnaflow duals out 4 inch tips also the k&n helped a bit

sven914
08-28-09, 05:22 PM
You have to look at what you use each vehicle for. Is there anything in particular that you do with one of the cars, of which only that vehicle can do? Keep in mind that the Cadillac has a cargo volume of 167 cubic feet while the Tahoe only has a volume of 118.2 cubic feet. The Cadillac has a towing capacity of 5,000 lbs (7,000 with the towing package) and the Tahoe has a capacity of 7,000 lbs. The Tahoe received a 4 star crash test rating in frontal impact (no other tests were performed) while the Cadillac was not even tested for it's safety (honestly who really wants to out live their Cadillac).

I personally would go with the Fleetwood because it has lower mileage, will have a higher resale value, and just looks so much better.

Stingroo
08-28-09, 05:47 PM
lol The fleetwood has more cargo volume than the Tahoe? Seriously? Wow that trunk is bigger than I thought. LOL

Aron9000
08-28-09, 06:28 PM
lol The fleetwood has more cargo volume than the Tahoe? Seriously? Wow that trunk is bigger than I thought. LOL

I think he was talking about the passenger space and trunk space combined on the fleetwood. I think the trunk on the Fleetwood is 21ish cubic feet.

Stingroo
08-28-09, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I figured he was, but the trunk is always what I think of when I think of cargo room in that car, since I wouldn't want to be scratching my nice looking back seat. :P

arnauts
08-28-09, 07:10 PM
That carriage top is horrendous.

CaddyshackCadillac
08-28-09, 07:39 PM
That carriage top is horrendous.

to each there own ive gotten a ton of compliments on that top i like it alot better than no top thats for sure :thumbsup:

csbuckn
08-28-09, 10:49 PM
Fleetwood!!!