: Finally, sighted another STS-V!

WillySTS
08-27-09, 01:02 PM
:bouncy:Yup, but I recognized the car as one of our customers. So, I caught up with him and we rolled down the windows and spoke, and I told him "I finally caught up with you over in my neighborhood",which really is the "HOOD",by the way. Turns out, he works in the area and I was on my way home.

Don't know if that counts as a "sighting" since I knew the car anyway. :thepan:The only other sighting I had was my own car while my wife was driving it.

inurok
08-27-09, 01:34 PM
I think i will see a UFO before seeing another STS-V around here lol

55cadillacking
08-27-09, 01:47 PM
In one year, I've seen 2 Black, 1 Silver, and 1 Thunder Grey. That's in a city of over one million people. And, I've been LOOKIN". It's is winter 9 months a year though. That could have something to do with the low numbers.

dhemrick
08-27-09, 04:13 PM
I see a silver one around where I work fairly often. It is always on the same road and always on the way to or from lunch, but it NEVER fails that I am either driving my truck or riding in someone else's car. I have never met that car while driving my own V.

I agree with inurok... it's like seeing a UFO to see one of these, but then again I'm in the South and UFOs seem to like to buzz us down here with some frequency.

CIWS
08-27-09, 06:58 PM
I passed a black one on the highway just today coming home. He appeared to be stock (exhaust, wheels, lights). So I went WOT as I passed so he could hear the exhaust.

leija_01
08-27-09, 08:24 PM
its been over a year since I have seen one, last one i saw was, what a coincedence, i had just got back from the woodward dream cruise and at the airport there was one! haha... and on my way to the airport a couple days prior to, I saw a silver one. have not seen another since. and we are talkin about the houston area.. haha

Florian
08-27-09, 08:32 PM
Im the only STSv in my town.....there are more 09+ CTSv's than there are STSvs. Love my car, love the exclusivity...hate the resale.

F

CIWS
08-27-09, 08:37 PM
there are more 09+ CTSv's than there are STSvs. Love my car, love the exclusivity...hate the resale.

:yeah:

freshchops
08-27-09, 09:44 PM
I've only seen one "V" around my area.... and it was an XLR. I've also seen another XLR and it wasn't a V-series. I think those are just as uncommon as spotting the "V's" too. I've yet to see another STS-V, or even a CTS-V. I live in a "somewhat" rural area though.... so I'm not commuting among millions.

nlharter
08-27-09, 10:52 PM
I thought I spotted one. I had mine for about a month. Went to Wal-Mart, came out, and noticed a black STS-V parked a few spaces down from mine. I noticed the grill first. I was going to wait for the owner and talk to him, but then I noticed it was just a STS with a V series grill. Poor guy...:)

bobz74
08-28-09, 10:25 AM
Two sightings in my area (burbs outside of Philly). A black one which believe it or not had a much older lady driving (license plate STS-V) never spoke to her. The ironic thing was I saw her on a 2009 CTS V test drive. The other was a silver one like mine, if I had to guess he just works in my area cause he has only been spotted by me and friends during business hours, tried getting his attention once but had no luck!

Cool thing about the car is if ANYONE I know see's one wherever they are I will get a phone call saying guess what I just saw...

Sometimes I feel guilty daily driving it! So I added another vehicle to the collection to take SOME of the abuse off the V.
Diesel of course! Chip and exhaust going in this weekend :thumbsup: I got the bug and can't leave anything stock :lildevil:

WillySTS
08-28-09, 11:29 AM
Two sightings in my area (burbs outside of Philly). A black one which believe it or not had a much older lady driving (license plate STS-V) never spoke to her. The ironic thing was I saw her on a 2009 CTS V test drive. The other was a silver one like mine, if I had to guess he just works in my area cause he has only been spotted by me and friends during business hours, tried getting his attention once but had no luck!

Cool thing about the car is if ANYONE I know see's one wherever they are I will get a phone call saying guess what I just saw...

Sometimes I feel guilty daily driving it! So I added another vehicle to the collection to take SOME of the abuse off the V.
Diesel of course! Chip and exhaust going in this weekend :thumbsup: I got the bug and can't leave anything stock :lildevil:
I don't get it...will somebody please tell me...
What is with you guys and theses FORDS?.....:hmm:
How can you own a Ford and a GM car...a fine one at that, at the same time...and then then send in pictures of it?

The last ford I owned was a '66 fairlane wagon, back in '73 and after one month , I gave it back to the guy I bought it from...and I hate working on 'em....yuk!

bobz74
08-28-09, 11:40 AM
I don't get it...will somebody please tell me...
What is with you guys and theses FORDS?.....:hmm:
How can you own a Ford and a GM car...a fine one at that, at the same time...and then then send in pictures of it?

The last ford I owned was a '66 fairlane wagon, back in '73 and after one month , I gave it back to the guy I bought it from...and I hate working on 'em....yuk!

Ford trucks and GM cars is the way I roll:rolling:

I buy what I like I have zero loyalty to any material item.

On top of that it help to have a best friend as Ford diesel mechanic.

So I will enjoy pulling my GM racecar down the road with my FORD truck :stirpot:

WillySTS
08-28-09, 01:11 PM
At least you have an answer. 2 of my best friends drive ford trucks and we are always at it...oh well, to each his own.

55cadillacking
08-28-09, 02:25 PM
I would consider buying something from each brand. Well, except Saab.

Loyalty is for dogs.

inurok
08-28-09, 04:21 PM

nice truck but watch that 6.0 psd very problematic

Gusteve
08-28-09, 05:43 PM
I saw one back in 2006, and thought it looked just awesome. I knew they were $80k and just chalked it up as another cool car that I'd never own. I saw another one last December, and realized that I had forgotten they even existed. I was kind of shopping for a new car at the time, so I checked out used STS-V pricing. Less than a month later I was driving one. (6 month old 2008).

The depreciation sucks (as someone else mentioned) but not if you are buying used!!!!

A few months ago I saw a regular STS with the V grille. I laughed out loud.

But, my car gets no respect. Most people I know say something like: "You bought a Cadillac? It looks nice, but I thought you were into performance cars. You must be getting old."

Jeff K.
08-28-09, 05:56 PM
Interesting week. I saw one on a drive back from San Diego (blacked out version) last weekend and one yesterday in Vegas where I live. Funny, none for over a year, and 2 in a week.

silverws6ta
08-28-09, 06:07 PM
I saw one back in 2006, and thought it looked just awesome. I knew they were $80k and just chalked it up as another cool car that I'd never own... ..

But, my car gets no respect. Most people I know say something like: "You bought a Cadillac? It looks nice, but I thought you were into performance cars. You must be getting old."

Same here -- first sighting was at LAX airport and someone one was picking as I on the one of the rental agency buses.. I remember I had that blurry pic on my Treo for a while and daydreamed.. lol

All you have to do to clam them up.. let them drive it! I caught people taking pictures, and at least every few trips I drive it I get a compliment or it starts a conversation --

CIWS
08-28-09, 06:49 PM

Loyalty is for dogs.

:yeah:

Although now with Koenigsegg buying them there might be some interesting Saabs come out :D

dhemrick
08-28-09, 07:58 PM
I just traded my trusty old '01 Silverado for an '07 GMC Sierra SLT with ALL the goodies. In all fairness, I looked at all of the American brands, but I ended up coming right back to GM. We're a GM family... what can I say?

I absolutely LOVE my new (to me) GMC. It's almost Cadillac-like inside and the nav is actually better than the STS, although it doesn't have voice recognition (but who cares).

It makes a good complement to the STS-V.

dhemrick
08-29-09, 12:49 AM
...although it doesn't have voice recognition...

Oops! I just discovered that it DOES have voice recognition. It works almost exactly like the STS. One cool thing that it does is lower the fan speed during phone calls or voice recognition as to not interfere. That is a thoughtful touch.

WillySTS
08-31-09, 10:52 AM

Loyalty is for dogs.

I don't call it loyalty, I just don't like them, like you don't like Saabs. While there are some fords that are ok(Cobra,Ford GT,Lightning,etc) I still don't think I would buy one.

GM vehicles I like because of the drivetrain and I don't mean V6's and 4 cyl's, although I do like the Saab V6 Aero and could see myself in one(it's turbo'ed)(I'm a Saab service writer,too).

Sal.M
09-09-09, 06:10 PM
The closest thing i have to an sts-v in my town is a cts-v i believe its an 05 but I never spoke with the guy. The sts-v is a geat and exclusive car and i just love it. The only thing is i would love to see some more v's around me. Oh and there is a car meet/cruise this friday 9/11/09 if you want to go its in Levittown,NY. My friend has an 06 g35x and he is bringing down a lot of g's. I dont want to be the only V let alone the only American car there.lol but if you live near there let me no. Thanks

Sal.M.

jedhead
09-09-09, 06:42 PM
I haven't seen another STS-V on the road. I did see a modded STS-V over at D3 when I went by to visit.

Bob

kehock
09-09-09, 08:07 PM
after looking for 3 months i just recently bought an 08 blk/blk sts-v (previously leased an 05 cts-v for 2 years). during these past 3 months not one sighting in the northern va area of another sts-v; plenty of cts-v's. there is one sts running around here with the v grille. took the car to a car show this past weekend and parked next to an 09 cts-v. we were about 100 feet from the actual parking lot but we did get quite a few folks coming by while we were talking. love the car.

LITTLEELVISDAN
09-10-09, 12:18 AM
Well I love my Caddy and have a GMC Denali.. BUT I have always wanted a F250 crew cab diesel. I am affraid the GM truck interior is higher quailty and looks than Dodge but Ford trucks are the top of the heap for interior looks and quality. Maybe after owning one for 5 years I might think differently but new to new the ford interior and exterior looks gets my vote.

Plus this whole Obama / UAE motors has got me rethinking GM products. I havent completely decided but I will admit I am leaning more to a NON bail-out companies. If the gov't and UAE sell their shares back to private investors I would consider changing my mind.