: Need help!!!! Car wont start

2007slade
08-26-09, 02:53 PM
went to start my 06ext this morning and it wont start. It wont even turn over, just clicks ones as i turn the key and thats it. I had the battery tested and its fine plus all the lights radio work. What could it be? Starter?

smelly$cat
08-26-09, 03:34 PM
I think the starter is a possibility.

Have you tried jump starting it?

Who tested the battery?

I would only guess starter if I was 110% sure about the battery.

Have you checked the battery connections? Are they clean and corrosion free? That can cause the symptom you are reporting as well.

My suburban is sitting at home right now with the lights and radio working, but, only click click click's because the battery is too weak (left the lights on while I was working on it last night).
---

went to start my 06ext this morning and it wont start. It wont even turn over, just clicks ones as i turn the key and thats it. I had the battery tested and its fine plus all the lights radio work. What could it be? Starter?

bstiffmanofsteel
08-26-09, 04:04 PM
Mine did that once, the negative terminal wasn't fully connected. Good luck!

2007slade
08-26-09, 04:18 PM
battery 100% fine. All terminals corrosion free and connected properly. Could it be the factory alarm? A few days ago the doors stopped unlocking when i would put the car in park. The card doesn click click click like it would if the batter is low it just licks ones and frezzes. Tryed jumping it with another SUV and still nothing.

smelly$cat
08-26-09, 04:24 PM
Hmmm, starting to run out of thoughts on this one.

I'm not sure where the starter is, but, if you can find it, I've heard that giving them a tap with hammer or something of that nature can sometimes get them working again temporarily. If it's your starter going bad....

Not sure if the locks not unlocking when you put it in Park has anything to do with it. I know you can customize that behavior via the CPU controls on the steering wheel. Maybe it got changed somehow <long shot, but first think I'd check>.

With the key in the ON position, can you put the car in Neutral and try to start it? Should start in Park or Neutral. (Again, long shot)

How many miles on your truck?

Just a single click huh....? :hmm:

2007slade
08-26-09, 04:37 PM
Hmmm, starting to run out of thoughts on this one.

I'm not sure where the starter is, but, if you can find it, I've heard that giving them a tap with hammer or something of that nature can sometimes get them working again temporarily. If it's your starter going bad....

Not sure if the locks not unlocking when you put it in Park has anything to do with it. I know you can customize that behavior via the CPU controls on the steering wheel. Maybe it got changed somehow <long shot, but first think I'd check>.

With the key in the ON position, can you put the car in Neutral and try to start it? Should start in Park or Neutral. (Again, long shot)

How many miles on your truck?

Just a single click huh....? :hmm:

Allready hammered that thing :lildevil: Just checked the settings on the alarm door otions and your right they got changed some how.

I guess the last thing is the Starter.

smelly$cat
08-26-09, 04:46 PM
Do you have a volt meter or some other way to check to see if the starter is getting power? Does it look like the starter is easy to remove? I think they are typically just a couple bolts. :cynic:

2007slade
08-26-09, 07:21 PM
It was the starter guys!!! All fixed! Thanks for all your help.

oldworld
08-27-09, 08:13 AM
Nice to hear you got it squared away!!!!!

fierodough
08-27-09, 08:54 AM

Can you check how many engine hours on the DIC? The reason I am asking is you seem to have had a low voltage situation (your unlock settings reset). On my 'lade, when volts drop while cranking, my engine hours reset! I want to know if this a common problem. Mine is an 06 as well.

Thanks!

smelly$cat
08-27-09, 10:19 AM
Nice work! :ride: