: passenger a/c hot, actuator location?

johnswencki
08-26-09, 11:42 AM
I have a 2004 Escalade with automatic climate control, hot air blowing on passenger side, driver and rear are fine.

I need to replace the actuator on the passenger side. Does anyone have a picture, diagram or description of where the actuator is located?

nathanjax
08-26-09, 06:25 PM
I'm trying to find a diagram, but its a PITA...

You have to remove the entire dash, and it on top, in the center...

carshop
08-26-09, 09:30 PM
Read my Post Here:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/177035-ac-blowing-hot-drivers-side-only.html

johnswencki
08-27-09, 08:54 AM
thanks. tried recalibration by pulling fuse to reset, seems to have worked.

kckranz
03-11-16, 04:12 PM
I realize this thread is old, but I have replaced the actuator under the glove box because I could hear it "struggling" to find the right place. Still doing it after OEM part replaced. Passenger side is still hot (HOT!). Did relearn procedure several times.

Is it possible to fix the blend door to fully open so that the driver side temp matches the passenger side? I guess this would involve rounding out the actuator socket so it actually does no door movement (but it thinks it does), but have it remain "active" as to not trigger a code. Anyone done this? We don't really need the variance separate controls provides, especially when they don't work.

the cadillac man
03-11-16, 11:15 PM
Press and hold the auto button and it will lock both sides to the same setting till the passenger knob is adjusted

It helps on mine as it does this hunt crap when the passenger side is set to a different temp then the driver

I think it's the logic in the control module as my dad's h2 does this but not as bad