: 02 Air Ride

ESKY02
08-25-09, 08:36 PM
Hey guys, Im a newbie to this forum. I have a 02 Escalade with an air ride problem. I bought it about a month ago. ( i had an 02 Denali prior to this so i know alittle about the air ride) Well I noticied when I test drove it the air compressor didnt come on at all, the truck didnt sag either, and didnt ride harsh at all. No service lights on. I had a brand new compressor for my denali sittin on the bench at home so i didnt worry to much. Well I open the hood looked under the fuse box lid and there was no fuse in it. Put fuse in and still nothing. Where do i start testing?

sk7
08-25-09, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the forum! You can check the post ''where is the compressor relay located'' for info on how to troubleshoot the system. A few members here have issues (myself included!) with the auto leveling system. I would start by jumping the relay to see if the compressor works. Mine doesn't come on at all, but it works with manual switch. No service message either.

luxurylife33
08-25-09, 10:47 PM
Def. check the other two threads me, few others and sk7 have going on......... just noticed you both have 02's....since you guys have a different communications system than me, maybe thats why im getting the message on my dash and you guys arent .... do you even get text messages on the dash, or just lights?

sk7
08-26-09, 08:08 PM
There's a text info message center in the 02, I got the service stability system lit there ever since I go the truck. Apparently service suspension system (or sumthin similar) is also "available" according to the service manual.

ESKY02
08-30-09, 09:57 PM
I dont get any messages. I just got my computer back, so i will check that other post you guys said and check the relay.

ESKY02
08-30-09, 10:02 PM
i cant find that thread on "where the air compressor relay is loacted" can someone send it to me?

luxurylife33
08-30-09, 10:09 PM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/142916-answer-1million-question-where-air-ride.html

ESKY02
08-30-09, 10:29 PM
Perfect thanks!! So its loacted under the hood by the fuse box. Theres alot to read and alot of checking to do now.

sk7
08-30-09, 11:16 PM
Keep us posted! U can skip all the reading and checking and leave it all up to the stealership if you feel like having a 2nd mortgage on the house!

ESKY02
08-31-09, 05:42 PM
haha nah im a do it yourself kind of guy. Im also busy working on my other truck to. But i will for sure keep u posted. I am thinking about replacing the shocks too, seeing as how i have a brand new compressor. I really like those New Blistens from Arnott.

ESKY02
09-03-09, 08:22 PM
So I got around to looking for the relay, under my rear seats is a black bosch box, is that it?

luxurylife33
09-03-09, 08:56 PM
lol.... did you even read the thread i posted..... shows you the exact location.... next to the fuse box.... "omron" brand............ bosch box under seats is for the URPA

ESKY02
09-03-09, 09:15 PM
lol i looked all over for that post, guess i shouldnt drink while searching lol. K i will have to have a look tomorrow

dstinson
09-04-09, 01:19 AM
the relay is located under the hood as the post says. I think there may be a picture of it, start by jumping the compressor. Just don't drink when you work on the truck (ha ha)

sk7
09-04-09, 07:11 AM
I did post a pic of the relay in the thread ''where is air compressor relay located, one million dollar question'' that luxurylife mentioned. Pic of the relay itself, where it is, and even unplugged.

I like having a few cold ones while working on the truck. Had so many little issues with it (and its not over yet) than beer costs far surpasses fuel costs so far!

ESKY02
09-04-09, 04:52 PM
Yeah i will go back to that thread and re-read it, i remeber seeing it. No beer for me today last night was ruff!!!