: carbon splitter @ hennessey

Dave Golder
08-25-09, 08:17 PM
Now available Hydro Carbon Splitter for the front, and the rear piece will be available within a week or two. Looks Sick!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/venomcoupe/IMG_5890.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/venomcoupe/IMG_5882.jpg

contact James or Tyler in sales.

979-885-1300 or sales@hennesseyperformance.com

Ross Racing
08-25-09, 08:25 PM
I like it. I have been thinking the car needed the rear piece in carbon fiber. How is hydro carbon different?

thebigjimsho
08-25-09, 08:47 PM
That is pretty trick. Subtle, I like...

SlvrBullIT
08-25-09, 09:27 PM
Dave!!! I'm gonna have to make the trip to Sealy just to see your ride!!!!!

whisler151
08-25-09, 09:35 PM
Looks great!

Razorecko
08-25-09, 10:30 PM
Is that solid carbon fiber or a type of carbon "like" wrap ?

neuronbob
08-25-09, 10:57 PM
Nice! I'm considering it.

thatcoder
08-25-09, 11:13 PM
i love it.. i'd love to see replacement carbon fiber trim pieces for the steering wheel, shifter and the center console, replacing that piano black trim.

bruff1977
08-26-09, 10:40 AM
Awesome. Your pictures show that CF would be nice around those fog lights as well.

thunder gray
08-26-09, 11:24 AM
Looks great, how much?

Ketzer
08-26-09, 12:36 PM
Why not post a price? Should be a forum rule, don't offer something for sale without posting a price. (unless some folks get different pricing than others)

Looks to me like water transfer "carbon look". Should make it a lot cheaper, but it doesn't seem to have the depth of actual weave.

Bruff is right. We need more cowbe... er carbon!

thatcoder
08-26-09, 06:23 PM
I dunno the rules, but i got a quote, and it was steep PM me for details.

LUVMY04V
08-26-09, 06:46 PM
Yes..........

Ross Racing
08-26-09, 07:19 PM
I got a quote also and I can't imagine the cost of the larger rear piece

Razorecko
08-26-09, 09:03 PM
I got a quote also and I can't imagine the cost of the larger rear piece

...sounds like the price is for full dry carbon but why does the pic look like vinyl wrap ?

thebigjimsho
08-26-09, 10:24 PM
I dunno the rules, but i got a quote, and it was steep PM me for details.
I guess that's not surprising...

stealthjr
08-26-09, 11:14 PM
Now available Hydro Carbon Splitter for the front, and the rear piece will be available within a week or two. Looks Sick!

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/venomcoupe/IMG_5890.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll219/venomcoupe/IMG_5882.jpg

contact James or Tyler in sales.

979-885-1300 or sales@hennesseyperformance.com

Can you share with us the actual material used to make this so we can determine for ourselves the worth of the product? Is it real carbon fiber? Is it a wrap? Is it an illusion? :p I guess I'm not sure why there isn't much more info on here than a few pictures that make the product look nice and the word "carbon" is mentioned.

Also, unless the price of these parts varies by region or time of day...why must a potential customer that is reading this post...actually have to go pick up the phone and search for the price? Shouldn't it be right here in this solicitation for our business? :hmm:

Now folks on here are saying they got a quote and the price is STEEP. Well, I guess that answers why you did not want to post a price. :nono:

I am not trying to come off wrong...I just think the drama of no price adds to the issues. The product looks beautiful...I just want to know what materials it is made with and how much you want for it...that's it.

Thanks,

Robert

Dave Golder
08-27-09, 01:04 AM
Wow I love the tough crowd here sometimes :) Sorry for the delay but I also have a day job and cruising the forums is not part of that sad to say. The original post says exactly what it is. It is hydro carbon. Hydrocarbon is a process where they lay a film on water, spray the carbon film and dip it it water to transfer the film on the part. The price is $499 for all three pieces. This is not an exchange price. We have to buy all three pieces new from GM, and then we pay ship to them off. Then we pay the company that does our carbon and hydrocarbon pieces and body kits. We then pay again to get them shipped back. Then we actually try to make a profit like most businesses. Again we start with three brand new GM parts. Four of the six we had sold today by 3pm. We have two more left as of 3pm and 10 more sets coming in about 7 days. Hope this explains everything.

neuronbob
08-27-09, 01:15 AM
This would look good on silver. How easy is the install?

Tasos
08-27-09, 02:18 AM
Can you post a pic or two of the rear? Any pics on a black car?

thatcoder
08-27-09, 08:42 AM
Dave your guy James said it was 499 for just the front splitter, does that come in 3 parts? Would it be cheaper if it were an exchange price? I don't see much use to keeping the original splitter around for a possible re-install later.

stealthjr
08-27-09, 09:46 AM
Wow I love the tough crowd here sometimes :) Sorry for the delay but I also have a day job and cruising the forums is not part of that sad to say. The original post says exactly what it is. It is hydro carbon. Hydrocarbon is a process where they lay a film on water, spray the carbon film and dip it it water to transfer the film on the part. The price is $499 for all three pieces. This is not an exchange price. We have to buy all three pieces new from GM, and then we pay ship to them off. Then we pay the company that does our carbon and hydrocarbon pieces and body kits. We then pay again to get them shipped back. Then we actually try to make a profit like most businesses. Again we start with three brand new GM parts. Four of the six we had sold today by 3pm. We have two more left as of 3pm and 10 more sets coming in about 7 days. Hope this explains everything.

Dave,

Thanks for the response and I can appreciate some of your sarcasm for sure. I think this is exactly what I/We were looking for and it helps a bunch to get info like this on a new part right out of the gate.
Personally, I dont think I would buy these parts for $499, but I also dont think your price is as steep as others made it sound considering you are starting with new GM Parts to begin with.
The stuff looks great and I wish you the best in selling them.

Thanks,

Robert

NeedCTS-v
08-27-09, 10:30 AM
Dave your guy James said it was 499 for just the front splitter, does that come in 3 parts? Would it be cheaper if it were an exchange price? I don't see much use to keeping the original splitter around for a possible re-install later.

The front splitter comes in 3 parts. I know because I replaced mine when I first got my car (kissed a parking block and wanted the car to be perfect). The OEM part was around $150 from GM.

The install is super easy. Bolt on.

demorgan59
08-27-09, 10:33 AM
This is just what a high end car like the V needs - more fake carbon fiber.
You got any gold emblems too?

aburd
08-27-09, 10:37 AM
This is just what a high end car like the V needs - more fake carbon fiber.
You got any gold emblems too?

Funny shit

thatcoder
08-27-09, 11:54 AM
is the carbon fiber a vinyl sticker over the splitter?

VetteOwner
08-27-09, 02:36 PM
is the carbon fiber a vinyl sticker over the splitter?

He said it was a film...think decals from plastic modeling days, just more high tech.

thebigjimsho
08-27-09, 03:14 PM
hmm...

1BlinkGone
08-27-09, 05:04 PM
Real CF would probably cost you 1000-1200 bux for that same part. Maybe more.

Ross Racing
08-27-09, 05:25 PM
i MIGHT BUY THE FRONT AND BACK IF THERE WAS A CORE CHARGE THAT MAID IT MORE AFFORDABLE

AmerLux
08-27-09, 05:29 PM
was your keyboard MADE with a caps lock button?

thebigjimsho
08-27-09, 07:07 PM
affordable maids can be hard to come by...

chopmeat
08-27-09, 08:30 PM
Yikes $499?

Ross Racing
08-27-09, 08:41 PM
Maid or made whatever. You know what I mean.

cad fan
08-27-09, 09:29 PM
There is a company called B&I TRIM that does this process on dashes and other plastic parts. They have carbon fiber in different colors also aluminum. I will call and get prices tomorrow but should be much cheaper. There website is www.bitrim.com. Thought of doing these parts months ago but was waiting to store car for winter. Nice to see others with same idea!

thatcoder
08-28-09, 12:39 AM
There is a company called B&I TRIM that does this process on dashes and other plastic parts. They have carbon fiber in different colors also aluminum. I will call and get prices tomorrow but should be much cheaper. There website is www.bitrim.com. Thought of doing these parts months ago but was waiting to store car for winter. Nice to see others with same idea!

Awesome idea.. the piano black trim in the car needs to GO! thanks :thumbsup:

1-2-N-V
08-28-09, 07:43 AM
Awesome idea.. the piano black trim in the car needs to GO! thanks :thumbsup:

What about just ordering the satin finish steel trim out like the regular CTS has. I like that much better. Take your eye off all that shiny chrome. I had asked the dealer to give me a quote on the parts but she never got back to me on it.

Titaniumseeker
08-28-09, 07:49 AM

As this is a film wrap and not true carbon fiber, what is the warranty on this? Will discoloration from sunlight be covered? I would surmise that the film wrap would fade in the warmer regions and in the summer over time unless there is some protective coating over the film. More information on the film characteristics would be helpful. Thank you.

Dave Golder
08-28-09, 12:19 PM
As this is a film wrap and not true carbon fiber, what is the warranty on this? Will discoloration from sunlight be covered? I would surmise that the film wrap would fade in the warmer regions and in the summer over time unless there is some protective coating over the film. More information on the film characteristics would be helpful. Thank you.

This product is much more durable than carbon for everyday use. We do our body kits for camaro's both ways and this stuff is much less likely to break, scratch, chip and fade, etc.

Ketzer
08-28-09, 01:22 PM
Awesome. Your pictures show that CF would be nice around those fog lights as well.

Dave, did you guys look at doing the fog light/air duct piece also?

Titaniumseeker
08-28-09, 05:28 PM
dave, did you guys look at doing the fog light/air duct piece also?

+1!!

Ross Racing
08-28-09, 06:59 PM
+2 with a core charge to keep the price down

rjoffe
08-29-09, 05:01 AM
I think the 09 V section needs to be split into subsections, and this needs to go into Appearance Mods !

Nutz
08-29-09, 10:41 AM
+2 with a core charge to keep the price down+3 But that can only happen through the supplier, not the distributor. Thanks for letting us know first though Dave. :thumbsup:

BTW hit youtube with some more customers V's when you get time. :)

Dave Golder
08-29-09, 03:30 PM
We will get some more videos up soon. We are doing lot's of "V"'s but the Camaro thing is nuts, they are going in and going out a few a day. The core thing on fog lights will work and we have some trying to get done now but the problem with the splitter is most are a little scuffed, and then we end up getting drug over the coals for sending out parts not perfect etc. It is hard to make everyone happy even when stuff is perfect :) But the rear piece will be a core exchange for sure, as well as the fog light pieces if they are able to do them. They are not an easy shape to cover and we may have to make those pieces in real carbon.

Titaniumseeker
08-30-09, 12:50 PM
We will get some more videos up soon. We are doing lot's of "V"'s but the Camaro thing is nuts, they are going in and going out a few a day. The core thing on fog lights will work and we have some trying to get done now but the problem with the splitter is most are a little scuffed, and then we end up getting drug over the coals for sending out parts not perfect etc. It is hard to make everyone happy even when stuff is perfect :) But the rear piece will be a core exchange for sure, as well as the fog light pieces if they are able to do them. They are not an easy shape to cover and we may have to make those pieces in real carbon.

For the money being charged I would also be a little miffed if they product I purchased was less than perfect. If the scoffing is a product of shipping or the wrapping process, it needs to be addressed ASAP. A less than perfect part should not never be shipped to any customer with the expectation that it would be accepted. And, a less than perfect product should not be accepted from a supplier. It tarnishes the image of the company and will result in dissatisfied customers and a loss of potential customers and future sales. But you already know this, right?

NeedCTS-v
08-30-09, 10:31 PM
For the money being charged I would also be a little miffed if they product I purchased was less than perfect. If the scoffing is a product of shipping or the wrapping process, it needs to be addressed ASAP. A less than perfect part should not never be shipped to any customer with the expectation that it would be accepted. And, a less than perfect product should not be accepted from a supplier. It tarnishes the image of the company and will result in dissatisfied customers and a loss of potential customers and future sales. But you already know this, right?

I might be wrong, but I think he's saying that most of "our" splitters are scuffed from use and therefore cannot be exchanged as cores.

Titaniumseeker
08-30-09, 11:09 PM
I might be wrong, but I think he's saying that most of "our" splitters are scuffed from use and therefore cannot be exchanged as cores.

In that case, I misread and stand corrected. Thank you and my apologies to Dave for the quote.

haterinc
08-31-09, 02:21 PM
tough crowd. i like the look and am +1 for the fog light area. just a thought here guys, i know forums are all about groups of us getting together to share knowledge and help pricing etc, but these businesses are here to make money. not everyone is as generous as jesse with their time. i mean $499 for cf look isn't bad for a $65k car... if you wanted real cf it would be over a grand i'm sure...

sometimes even when i'm not interested in the thread of a vendor, i'll open it up just for a laugh at all of the chastising and negativity the "members" will share with them... and you guys wonder why not too many people are willing to make anything for the V lol... low production numbers combined with money misers lol. i'm all about getting a bargain, don't get me wrong, but if you're expecting the $200 crap mass produced for the civics of the world... maybe you should consider getting 3 of them for the price of your V ;)

whisler151
08-31-09, 02:25 PM
tough crowd. i like the look and am +1 for the fog light area. just a thought here guys, i know forums are all about groups of us getting together to share knowledge and help pricing etc, but these businesses are here to make money. not everyone is as generous as jesse with their time. i mean $499 for cf look isn't bad for a $65k car... if you wanted real cf it would be over a grand i'm sure...

sometimes even when i'm not interested in the thread of a vendor, i'll open it up just for a laugh at all of the chastising and negativity the "members" will share with them... and you guys wonder why not too many people are willing to make anything for the V lol... low production numbers combined with money misers lol. i'm all about getting a bargain, don't get me wrong, but if you're expecting the $200 crap mass produced for the civics of the world... maybe you should consider getting 3 of them for the price of your V ;)

My thoughts exactly. Well said.

thebigjimsho
08-31-09, 03:49 PM
Usually, I only see bashing on a vendor if it's deserved. I didn't see any bashing here, just discussion on the initial lack of info behind a picture. You can reason whatever for or against faux carbon fiber, I like it and don't think it's absolutely crazy money.

If you think that stating an opinion on the look is bashing, I don't know what to tell ya...

haterinc
08-31-09, 04:18 PM
tell me who would win a race between a black V and a teal one lol ;) would it come down to the extra weight of the moonroof of the teal V?

Usually, I only see bashing on a vendor if it's deserved. I didn't see any bashing here, just discussion on the initial lack of info behind a picture. You can reason whatever for or against faux carbon fiber, I like it and don't think it's absolutely crazy money.

If you think that stating an opinion on the look is bashing, I don't know what to tell ya...

nynd
08-31-09, 05:13 PM
Reaction time of driver and how much gas is in the tank... LOL!

Ketzer
08-31-09, 06:49 PM
tell me who would win a race between a black V and a teal one lol ;) would it come down to the extra weight of the moonroof of the teal V?

I knew they came in mauve, didn't know you could get teal :confused:.

thebigjimsho
08-31-09, 06:51 PM

Yeah, somehow this guy thinks he's funny. And the race would come down to me, in any color, giving the beat down...

haterinc
08-31-09, 09:27 PM
aww jimbo come on... i saw the vid of you tracking the V2 granny style lol ;)

Yeah, somehow this guy thinks he's funny. And the race would come down to me, in any color, giving the beat down...

haterinc
08-31-09, 09:30 PM
sorry no teal (although a really dark midnight blue would be the cat's ace). the banter comes from jim calling the sunroof a moonroof. when i was in HS, everyone wanted a moonroof and teal cars were quite popular on the F bodies, vettes, and thunderbirds, etc... no matter how tragic that is looking back on it.

so that is the inside joke basically. i'm not sure why but it makes me chuckle because usually i find jim's humor with others equally amusing to me.

thebigjimsho
08-31-09, 09:43 PM
sorry no teal (although a really dark midnight blue would be the cat's ace). the banter comes from jim calling the sunroof a moonroof. when i was in HS, everyone wanted a moonroof and teal cars were quite popular on the F bodies, vettes, and thunderbirds, etc... no matter how tragic that is looking back on it.

so that is the inside joke basically. i'm not sure why but it makes me chuckle because usually i find jim's humor with others equally amusing to me.
You sound like my brother. He is also disturbed...

thebigjimsho
08-31-09, 09:44 PM
aww jimbo come on... i saw the vid of you tracking the V2 granny style lol ;)
I was listed in the top 10 fastest. I did hit 125 in that beast...

bruff1977
09-01-09, 12:26 AM

For consistency's sake, let's get all the pieces in real CF. Maybe even the side view mirror hinges and the fin antenna. If you make it, they will buy...