: Close to Buying a V---Advice Please?

sahota22005
08-25-09, 08:09 PM
Thinking about buying a pretty, certified used 09 V.
8,000 miles, Manual, Sunroof, 6-year CPO warranty (already started)
NO Nav, NO special seats, No extra treats
I got the price down to $48,500 with CPO.

Now, its a ok deal but i'm confident in my bargaining skills and feel like i can pull a better deal when the 010 V is released. What do you think? Am i being a nickel rocket? Maybe, but the Terminator tax is a pain in the a**.

aburd
08-25-09, 08:20 PM
I say if u like the color buy it. Let someone else take the depreciation hit for ya.

Caroutisine
08-25-09, 08:54 PM
Good price esp. CPO

neuronbob
08-25-09, 09:30 PM
Excellent price. I say do it.

AuPanda
08-25-09, 09:37 PM
All depends if it has the options you want. Once a car gets to $50,000, I won't settle for most of the options.

nynd
08-25-09, 09:54 PM
I'd say sounds like a good price...pull the trigger.

offsight204
08-25-09, 10:18 PM
i say wait till 2010 comes out.

thatcoder
08-25-09, 11:23 PM
Give it some time, 2010's will hit the streets.

commander112
08-25-09, 11:33 PM
If you wait till 2011 I bet that an 09 will be even cheaper. Point is, if you want it now and have the cash buy it. If you want to wait the price will be cheaper. If you wait another year the model will be old news and there will be a new king of the hill. Discounts will be abound.
Here is a little story for you, I wanted an 09 V. I did not want to pay full sticker price when they first came out. Then discounts started to happen this spring. I knew that if I waited until this fall the price would be lower but I wanted the car for the summer months. The dealer had the car I wanted so I bought it.
As a side note, there sure are a lot of 16-21 year olds getting some very nice ride out there these days. If you do get this car be responsible with it. 550+ hp can bite hard if you are irresponsible.

Caroutisine
08-25-09, 11:48 PM
Yep. Always buy the best car that you can afford when you are ready. The question really is, are you ready to buy? If you are, then do it :)

wfo
08-26-09, 06:03 PM
All good advice. Most definetly when he 2010 comes out they will become more aggressive, count on it.

But, how many people will be test driving this car and what sales manager/person is getting to drive this sweet thing home at night while it sits waiting for the new owner to inquire about a V8 mega beast. These are pretty rare cars at the Caddy dealerships, since they don't volume sell these High Output Caddies. IMHO and not many show up in the inventory. But there is customer curiosity about what 556 HP feels like and the likelyhood of a test drive to sell it are good for anybody asking is pretty certain.

At most dealerships you can't take a Vette out for a spin, but you sure can take the CTS-V out and get your panties in a twist. Yee-ha!!

My opinion. If it's not exactly what you want, wait for one that is. Otherwise stop jawing...Life's short and your missing a great ride.

neuronbob
08-26-09, 06:06 PM
Life's short and your missing a great ride.

This is the best advice in this thread.

If you want to pull the trigger and can afford it, do it. I can't wait to get in mine for the 20-mile drive home from work in a few minutes. :drool:

/thread :D

Prof
08-26-09, 10:04 PM
Yep. Always buy the best car that you can afford when you are ready. The question really is, are you ready to buy? If you are, then do it :)

I like this concept but would add..."Always buy the best car that you can afford, with cash. Once you have broken the finance cycle, you will never have car payments again. Pay yourself...not the finance company.

wfo
08-27-09, 08:35 AM
I like this concept but would add..."Always buy the best car that you can afford, with cash. Once you have broken the finance cycle, you will never have car payments again. Pay yourself...not the finance company.

Uh boy. :thepan:

demorgan59
08-27-09, 10:12 AM

THIS is the best advice in this thread!

Nutz
08-27-09, 10:58 AM
Pull the trigger. Especially if you live in a nice winter climate area with many weeks of good roads ahead. The money saved waiting will not outweigh the fun you could start having tomorrow. This car is that much fun. I took 3 people last night to a large venue Creed concert 50 miles away that was good, and all three said that the ride there and back was better than the show itself.
Of course 1.04 on the lateral g meter with three adult passengers always makes for an memorable evening. :D
Enjoy the "lower" gas prices while you can too.

My $.02.

SLPR 6.0L
08-28-09, 12:03 AM
Good deal, pull the trigger if you cant wait. I would personally wait till 2010s cause prices to fall.

Barry626
08-28-09, 02:57 AM

Boy I hear ya!

People go thru life thinking tomorrow is promised to them, not the case.
Live life the fullest now as you can very well be gone in the near future!

Got the $, go for it & ENJOY!

Warchild
08-28-09, 06:01 AM
If you can pay in cash then go for it, it your gonna finance it then get the color/options you want and get it new. The only thing mine is missing is the sunroof, i sorta glad i didnt wait for the dealership to search for the color and options i wanted. The time was right had the wherewithall and I just got the one on the showroom floor. It was beautiful even though i wanted a black one. Those are harder to find. you will alos want the nav system upgrade. the recaro seats are good, but im wouldt pick that option. stick shit? hmm, my auto is fast enough, its has its pluses too.

abbas
08-28-09, 05:28 PM
What is your long term goal? Are you planning on driving it for a few years or will you be keeping for a long time.

I think if you are going to drive it for a few years, then 'pull the trigger and buy it'. It is a very good price and you will still enjoy it the same as the other people with options. On the other hand, if you are planning on keeping it long term, 5+ years, then I would day that you should buy a new one and get all the options that you want.

Just my 2 cents.:)