: Dead Pedal too far forward?

edsuski
08-25-09, 06:38 PM
Is it just me - or does anyone else think the dead pedal is too far forward? I need to move the seat about an inch or two forward to make the dead pedal seem "right" and then I am too far forward for the gas and break.

Is there an easy way to replace the existing dead pedal with one that is a couple inches thicker?

Ed

edsuski
08-26-09, 05:12 PM
Looks like it was just me.....

wfo
08-26-09, 05:14 PM
I'm 5'11, 32" inseam...IMHO, the dead pedal is located perfectly.

marktanner
08-26-09, 07:16 PM
Mine feels perfect with the manual transmission.

edsuski
08-28-09, 05:31 PM
I'm 5'11, 32" inseam...IMHO, the dead pedal is located perfectly.

I am 6'-1" with a 34" inseam - maybe that is where the problem is?

brianwetzel
08-29-09, 01:11 AM
No, I am 5'8'' and a 30" inseam and when I have a comfortable position for driving and have a slight bend in my right leg the dead pedal is too far to use without streaching my left leg all the way. I do not see how size or inseam should matter as it should match up with the distance you adjust the seat for driving for the gas pedal comfortably but it does not. So most people out there think the dead pedal is not too far compared to the gas pedal?

oiszb9
08-29-09, 10:18 PM
I completely agree regarding the dead pedal. Believe it or not, I just put an ~8" 2X4 behind the dead pedal under the carpet and it made a big difference in driving comfort and stability in the seat when turning. It took a little effort pulling the carpet forward, and I had to pull the plastic molding out near the emergency brake in one place. It wasn't too difficult. I trimmed the corner of the carpet 1/2" so I could push the molding back into the slot. Everything fit fine and it looks perfect. Good luck.

edsuski
08-30-09, 12:30 PM
I completely agree regarding the dead pedal. Believe it or not, I just put an ~8" 2X4 behind the dead pedal under the carpet and it made a big difference in driving comfort and stability in the seat when turning. It took a little effort pulling the carpet forward, and I had to pull the plastic molding out near the emergency brake in one place. It wasn't too difficult. I trimmed the corner of the carpet 1/2" so I could push the molding back into the slot. Everything fit fine and it looks perfect. Good luck.

This sounds exactly like the problem we are having. How is the stock dead pedal attached to the car? How did you secure the 2 x 4 to the floor board? You may have found what we all need. Any chance you could snap a picture?

Thanks for posting.

Ed

oiszb9
09-02-09, 10:17 PM
Ed, the dead pedal is attached to the carpet. It will come forward when you pull the carpet forward. The carpet seems like it was made for something behind it. The carpet forms around the wood piece and locks it in place. I didn't need to fasten it, it can't go anywhere. It took me less than 5 minutes, but it did help to release the emergency brake and pull out the top piece of side molding so I could slide in the wood. I am out of town, but I will try for a picture when I get back this weekend.